Author Topic: The Pirates  (Read 2048 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Pirates
« on: February 24, 2011, 12:49:07 PM »
Why won't our Special Forces capture some Pirates, interrogate them, find out everything there is to know about where, what, and the next thing about their organization; then have a team of commandos along with drones, aircraft, and other assault forces converge upon them like a hell-storm tornado, and proceed to kill, capture, maim, harm, destroy and mutilate every last one of them along with annihilating their village and killing every living thing within a short distance of their headquarters? Won't that kinda end or curtail this silly Pirate shit?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The Pirates
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 01:34:04 PM »
the overkill will not happen by us and the key word is "organization" I`m pretty sure it`s not . I think last year the pirates were fighting other pirates over a ship.but  back about the overkill. remember they stole soviet military hardware. meaning I got doubts the pirate industry will be sustainable if they keep raiding anything beyound tourist.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 07:19:36 PM »
the overkill will not happen by us and the key word is "organization" I`m pretty sure it`s not . I think last year the pirates were fighting other pirates over a ship.but  back about the overkill. remember they stole soviet military hardware. meaning I got doubts the pirate industry will be sustainable if they keep raiding anything beyound tourist.

Even pirates have organization, just look at the Dem Party.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 08:38:10 PM »
We need Kramer to lead a major raiding party to teach them pirates a lesson. Soon to be a major motion picture. :P
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 10:10:22 PM »
When I saw Dumb & Dumber you were the first person that came to my mind. The only problem I had was trying to figure out if you played the role of Dumb or Dumber.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 03:57:28 AM »
I expect the Pirates are not concentrated much, you would have to capture a lot of territory to make sure that you has all of the hostages.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 12:26:38 PM »
The main problem with the pirates is that the area that they need to patrol is huge: too huge to patrol it all at once. If not for satellites, they would have no chance of catching them at all.

It might make sense for maritime insurance companies to have several dozen people monitoring the area using satellites, so the pirate vessels could be avoided or outrun.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 02:49:44 PM »
The main problem with the pirates is that the area that they need to patrol is huge: too huge to patrol it all at once. If not for satellites, they would have no chance of catching them at all.

It might make sense for maritime insurance companies to have several dozen people monitoring the area using satellites, so the pirate vessels could be avoided or outrun.

Blimey! How would a Bilge Rat like you know this stuff? You should be keelhauled, forced to walk the plank, or at the very least required to swab the deck.

Shiver me timbers! You seem to be a Pirate expert too!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 02:22:47 AM »
I don't think it would be all that hard to get ahead of the Pirates arms race and keep them away from well armed ships.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 11:35:35 AM »
I don't think it would be all that hard to get ahead of the Pirates arms race and keep them away from well armed ships.

ya think...

ya mean a country that won WWII, put the first man on the moon, built Hoover dam & the Panama Canal and elected the first mulotto president should be able to beat a few hundred or so young DUMB men armed with nothing more powerful than old Russian RPG's and AK47's?

I would hope so.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 11:42:24 AM by Kramer »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 12:00:23 PM »
The problem with the pirates is not that the various navies of the world lack adequate weapons to defeat them. It is, again, that the usual way of dealing with this, namely that governments prevent pirates from operating from their shores by treaty with other nations, does not work, because Somalia has no government that can control the pirates. The Somali government is sometimes outgunned, and at other times unconcerned with enforcing existing treaties. Because Somalia lacks an effective government and a navy, they waters off the coast have been overfished and the fishermen cannot catch fish as they once did, so many have turned to piracy out of desperation.

The commercial and private ships sailing in this very large area are outgunned by the pirates. Usually, such vessels only have a few firearms aboard. The pirates are hard to control effectively because the area is immense, and it is impossible to patrol all points effectively.

They could organize convoys of vessels going both north and south through the area, each accompanied by one or more warships, but this might slow commerce too much to make it cost effective.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 12:12:08 PM »
The problem with the pirates is not that the various navies of the world lack adequate weapons to defeat them. It is, again, that the usual way of dealing with this, namely that governments prevent pirates from operating from their shores by treaty with other nations, does not work, because Somalia has no government that can control the pirates. The Somali government is sometimes outgunned, and at other times unconcerned with enforcing existing treaties. Because Somalia lacks an effective government and a navy, they waters off the coast have been overfished and the fishermen cannot catch fish as they once did, so many have turned to piracy out of desperation.

The commercial and private ships sailing in this very large area are outgunned by the pirates. Usually, such vessels only have a few firearms aboard. The pirates are hard to control effectively because the area is immense, and it is impossible to patrol all points effectively.

They could organize convoys of vessels going both north and south through the area, each accompanied by one or more warships, but this might slow commerce too much to make it cost effective.

what is more complex winning WWII, landing men on the moon, or overcoming your scenario? I think if there is a will (footnote: this matter requires real men) then there is a way to solve the problem. The fact that international Liberalism has pussified, demasculated, and feminized men (and our leaders in particular) proves this problem is bigger than the pirates.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 12:41:49 PM »
This has nothing whatever to do with Liberals, Conservatives or any other political movement, except the moronic teabaggers, who insist on blaming "liberals" for everything because they are dunces, dimwits, yokels, hicks and dolts.

There are pirates because piracy pays.

Piracy pays because Somalia is a mess and no one wants to clean it up.

Somalia is not a mess because of any Western political ideology, other than an excess of available cheap weapons, which are of Russian design and usually Chinese manufacture.

Piracy also exists because of cheap and efficient weapons and and outboard motors.

Note that the AK-47 is apparently a better, cheaper and more efficient weapon than anything capitalists have invented. This is not a good thing, but it goes against the theory that no one invents anything really great without a huge profit motive. But Kalashnikov is not another Bill Gates, is he?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 03:05:55 PM »
"This has nothing whatever to do with Liberals, Conservatives or any other political movement, except the moronic teabaggers, who insist on blaming "liberals" for everything because they are dunces, dimwits, yokels, hicks and dolts."

Doesn't that seem like a contradictory statement? It's nobody's fault EXCEPT the Tea Party people who are dunces, dimwits, etc.

On the contrary it's your presidents faults who was voted into office by a bunch of dunces, dimwits, yokels, hicks and dolts, SUCH AS YOURSELF...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 03:15:21 PM by Kramer »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 03:53:06 PM »
Explain how President Obama is responsible for piracy.

No one in any US government can be blamed for this. Those who say that it is are dunces, dimwits, hicks and morons.