Author Topic: Col Gaddafi  (Read 544 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Col Gaddafi
« on: February 25, 2011, 07:53:21 PM »
I wonder if Libya has any generals in the army and if they solute Colonel Gaddafi. Maybe all the officer ranks are a grade just below Colonel, like Lt Colonel. I also wonder why Colonel Gaddafi doesn't promote himself to a higher rank. Won't he get a pay raise if he is promoted to a 4-star general?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Col Gaddafi
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 09:29:59 PM »
There are no ranks above colonel. Qadaffi mistrusted the army and it is not a professional or powerful organization, as in Egypt.

Qadaffi holds no serious title, like president or Prime Minister. Theoretically, the country is ruled by a series of local councils. The structure is similar to Mussolini's Corporate state, in which there are corporations for various occupations. As with Italian Fascism, the official structure is mostly for show. But unlike Italian Fascism, Libya has no Duce (Leader).

Libya was an Italian colony for many decades prior to independence in the early 1950's.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 09:44:51 PM »
There are no ranks above colonel. Qadaffi mistrusted the army and it is not a professional or powerful organization, as in Egypt.

Qadaffi holds no serious title, like president or Prime Minister. Theoretically, the country is ruled by a series of local councils. The structure is similar to Mussolini's Corporate state, in which there are corporations for various occupations. As with Italian Fascism, the official structure is mostly for show. But unlike Italian Fascism, Libya has no Duce (Leader).

Libya was an Italian colony for many decades prior to independence in the early 1950's.

Soon (I hope) Gaddafi will be entombed at Davy Jones’ Locker.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 12:30:44 PM »
I hardly think that a sea burial is likely for a landlubbing Libyan.

Many believe that he will either be killed or kill himself.

It is unlikely that he will join Spongebob in his pineapple under the sea.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."