Author Topic: Naral Advertisement  (Read 4269 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Naral Advertisement
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 02:01:03 PM »
XO says:
From both standpoints, things turn out demonstrably better if abortions are simply left up to the woman and her doctor.

The fact remains that the vast majority of abortions are elective. Can you give me a good reason why the government should pay for a nose job, a tummy tuck or any other non life threatening reason for surgery with taxpayer dollars?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 02:44:53 PM »
XO says:
From both standpoints, things turn out demonstrably better if abortions are simply left up to the woman and her doctor.

The fact remains that the vast majority of abortions are elective. Can you give me a good reason why the government should pay for a nose job, a tummy tuck or any other non life threatening reason for surgery with taxpayer dollars?

you forgot penis enlargement, which XO had done not once but twice.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 05:27:04 PM »
I do not favor the government paying for cosmetic surgery.

A nose job or a tummy tuck will not grow up, become a felon, and rob a liquor store, a bank or your home.

With an unwanted fetus, this could happen rather easily.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 05:32:43 PM »
A nose job or a tummy tuck will not grow up

Lack of a nose job or tummy tuck for someone needing one desperately could lead to low self esteem manifested by antisocial and or criminal behavior.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 05:55:12 PM »
I do not think that this is true. You should provide proof that people with fat tummies and large noses are more likely to commit crimes.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 06:17:58 PM »
One of my favorite wastes of time is to scroll through mugshots from the various towns that publish them, and though you can't tell if the suspects are overweight, you can discernj that the vast majority are stone cold ugly.

Is there a correlation? Don't know. But i know what I see.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blotter

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 02:50:09 AM »
There are two ways of looking at a ban on abortions: one from the viewpoint of the pregnant woman who knows she cannot deal with a baby at this point of her life and another from the viewpoint of society: what are the consequences of banning or not banning abortion?

Not three ways?

What is deficient in the adoption services that are being offered?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 12:32:39 PM »
The main problem is that people who adopt children do not wish to adopt minority children as a rule: they would prefer to adopt foreign orphans.

Of course, adoption is ghastly expensive as well.

The government cannot actually ban abortions. It can make them illegal within the borders of the US. So women who wish to have an abortion and can afford to do so, will go elsewhere, or will find someone in the US that will do abortions anyway.

So all the law can do is prevent POOR women from having abortions. That is the net result. And of course, criminals of the violent sort are most likely to be poor.

Prevent abortions today, get mugged in 20 years by that innocent young baby you saved.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 12:40:00 PM »
  I need to help kill that innocent young baby because I should fear him?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 01:14:10 PM »
  I need to help kill that innocent young baby because I should fear him?

Preemptive, like Bush's war on terrorism. Common ground is always nice every now and then.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 02:04:38 PM »
    I would like to see the evidence that children are cared for better now than they were in 1975.

Or that it is difficult to find adoptive homes right now.

Even for minority infants.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 02:47:59 PM »
The main problem is that people who adopt children do not wish to adopt minority children as a rule: they would prefer to adopt foreign orphans.

You have some evidence for that point? Because I have evidence that people are *prevented* from adopting minority children by courts, not because they "choose" not to do so.

Also, most foreign orphans are "minority" children anyway, so the whole statement is kinda silly...
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 03:07:41 PM »

You have some evidence for that point? Because I have evidence that people are *prevented* from adopting minority children by courts, not because they "choose" not to do so.

Also, most foreign orphans are "minority" children anyway, so the whole statement is kinda silly...

Speaking of foreign born if you have ever been around a kid born in Africa or even an adult, they are truly beautiful people and a joy to hang out with. Now compared to many of the Blacks born here these Africans are unbelievably happy, nice, kind, respectful and DON"T have a chip on the shoulder. Sure I do run into some Black folk here that don't carry the chip but still there is a refreshing attitude that emanates from foreign born Blacks. That rule rarely applies to other foreigners, like Europeans.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 03:47:47 PM »
Chinese, Korean, Ethiopian and similar orphans would be identified as minority members. I doubt that a Ukrainian born adoptee or a Moldovan adoptee with an English name would be identified as any sort of minority member.

As I understand it, while some White people will adopt Black babies, they are far less likely to adopt older Black children that have been taken away from their parents by social services people. I base this on what I have read in the Miami Herald. There are a lot of such children in foster care, and not all of them are appear to be members of some "minority".

I have a friend who adopted a Taiwanese girl. When he and his wife go out with her, some dimwit always has to say something silly, like "What a beautiful child! She's adopted, isn't she?"

Duh!

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 04:06:32 PM »
Chinese, Korean, Ethiopian and similar orphans would be identified as minority members. I doubt that a Ukrainian born adoptee or a Moldovan adoptee with an English name would be identified as any sort of minority member.

As I understand it, while some White people will adopt Black babies, they are far less likely to adopt older Black children that have been taken away from their parents by social services people. I base this on what I have read in the Miami Herald. There are a lot of such children in foster care, and not all of them are appear to be members of some "minority".

I have a friend who adopted a Taiwanese girl. When he and his wife go out with her, some dimwit always has to say something silly, like "What a beautiful child! She's adopted, isn't she?"

Duh!

yeah but with your kind they could be dating. So people should ask for clarification.