Author Topic: Naral Advertisement  (Read 4275 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Naral Advertisement
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011, 01:24:31 AM »
As I understand it, while some White people will adopt Black babies, they are far less likely to adopt older Black children that have been taken away from their parents by social services people.

How does this affect the situation of abortion?, Older Children would seem to be a year or two past worry about being aborted.

Infants are in demand .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011, 02:46:36 PM »
What should happen is that the anti-abortionists should offer support for the pregnant mothers. They generally do not.

The fact is that as a rule, everyone likes babies, fetuses not so much. Once the baby is born, the tendency is to keep the child.

My position is that it should be 100% up to the woman and her doctor whether she has a baby or not. People who oppose abortions should offer an attractive alternative, and they don't. They prefer to pass laws and criminalize things.

Many want to "teach the woman a lesson": that the Wages of Sin is a baby she does not want, and for her to not take her punishment is against God and Society and should be against the government as well.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2011, 02:53:23 PM »
What should happen is that the anti-abortionists should offer support for the pregnant mothers. They generally do not.

The fact is that as a rule, everyone likes babies, fetuses not so much. Once the baby is born, the tendency is to keep the child.

My position is that it should be 100% up to the woman and her doctor whether she has a baby or not. People who oppose abortions should offer an attractive alternative, and they don't. They prefer to pass laws and criminalize things.

Many want to "teach the woman a lesson": that the Wages of Sin is a baby she does not want, and for her to not take her punishment is against God and Society and should be against the government as well.

My position is that the government should not be providing tax payer monies to pay for or defray elective surgery.

And it is also my position that the government has no more business telling me whether i may or may not get a nose job or other elective surgery than they do telling me whether i can or can not  buy my grandson a happy meal.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2011, 03:35:44 PM »

Actually, they generally DO.

It's only people who willfully ignore the support that's offered think it doesn't exist.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2011, 03:52:45 PM »
Abortions are not exactly like nose jobs.

One does not have to raise and educate a new nose for 18 years.

I know of no major campaign to provide support for pregnant women. They are too quiet about it if this is what they do.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2011, 11:17:13 AM »
They are too quiet about it if this is what they do.

That would be a problem, so do you like the idea of lisense plates that not only support crisis pregnancy centers but also advertise the idea?

http://www.fund-adoption.org/Home.asp

Heart warming story comes with this
We were actually “chosen” by a young, expecting 18-year old, and for everyone involved, adoption turned her crisis pregnancy “nightmare” into our “dream come true.” This mature young woman told us she was very glad she had chosen adoption and that her first goal was to finish high school and then go onto college. Marriage and family, she said, would come later on. We thanked her for courageously choosing adoption and for her great “gift of life” to us.
http://www.fund-adoption.org/AboutUs.asp

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2011, 01:44:06 PM »
One does not have to raise and educate a new nose for 18 years.

That's why pro-life groups fund a number of adoption centers.

I know of no major campaign to provide support for pregnant women. They are too quiet about it if this is what they do.

Then you must be blind. I see ads for them all the time. Both when I lived in Maryland and here in Minnesota.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)