Author Topic: More of the new "civility" from the Left---> Death Threats against Republicans.  (Read 7368 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Not the point now is it.  You seem to believe I've come down in claiming this absolutely has to be from the left.  Care to cite where??  Nice deflection try though

Sure it is.

Sure, it's not.  You immediately piped in about my concurring with Cu4 on Xo's justifying the threats, by referencing that Walker "started it".  The "where" it came from is your deflection effort.  The "point" was Xo's utter lack of condemning such threats, regardless of the "where".  Even giving it credence by way of Walker bringing it on himself, by way of "starting it"

Nice try though

Any chance we'll get the quote where I've factually concluded these threats came from the left?  Given the consistency of the left, when it comes to obscene and inflammatory rhetoric, that most often gets a pass by the MSM, I'd guess it did.  But I have no proof, nor have I claimed such.  That again is your deflection effort.  Revel in it, if you wish

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
and then, speaking of deflection, you disregard the NAACP tapes and then ask for proof of the ACORN edits.

OK

http://oag.ca.gov/news/press_release?id=1888

Wow....you are REALLY reaching now.  I must not have the proper glasses on.  Can you point to the section in your link that has these "severe edits"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:

18 Republican senators from Wisconsin report getting death threats
after passing bill to end collective bargaining for most public workers

March 11, 2011

SHEBOYGAN ? State Sens. Joe Leibham and Glenn Grothman said they are among as many as 18 Republican senators who received a death threat following their votes to eliminate most collective bargaining powers for public workers.

The threat was sent in an e-mail late Wednesday with the subject, "Death threat!!!! Bomb!!!!" according to a copy of the letter released by Grothman's office. The e-mail also was addressed to Sen. Pam Galloway, R-Wausau.

Grothman, R-West Bend, said the e-mail is the latest example of "a new height in incivility." He said in recent weeks he has received obscene phone calls at all hours of the night, been jostled at the Capitol and has been shouted down during interviews.

"This is another example of the anger which is being spewed by the government unions," Grothman said. "This has been all about intimidating ? Republican legislators into bowing to the public unions, and it has only steeled our resolve."

Grothman said he is hesitant to completely disregard the threat given the volatile atmosphere in Madison. A note shoved under his door Wednesday night said, "The only good Republican is a dead Republican."

With Democratic senators out of state, Republican senators late Wednesday separated the collective bargaining elements from Gov. Scott Walker's budget repair bill. Republicans voted 18-1 to eliminate collective bargaining for public workers in Wisconsin aside from some wage negotiations. Leibham and Grothman supported the measure.

Leibham, of Sheboygan, said the threat came to him via e-mail as well, and his staff contacted police at the Capitol and in Madison.

The letter tells lawmakers to "make your peace with God as soon as possible and say goodbye to your loved ones," warning they will be killed "due to your actions in the last eight weeks."

The letter, which is signed, says the writer is working with a group of people and knows where the legislators live. It says legislators may be shot in their homes or killed with bombs placed at locations they frequent.

"We feel that you and the people that support the dictator have to die," the letter reads. "If you and your goonies feel that it's necessary to strip the rights of 300,000 people and ruin their lives, making them unable to feed, clothe, and provide the necessities to their families and themselves then We Will 'get rid of' (in which I mean kill) you."

Leibham said that even with the vehement protests, the democratic process is working just the way it's supposed to during the budget debate.

"We debate bills, a vote has taken place, and now the public has the right to hold me accountable either favorably or negatively for that vote," he said. "Not through threats or other means, it's through the election process. I'm just hoping for the protesters' sake and for legislators' sake it's being done in a safe way because it's been getting a little bit intense from a safety standpoint. I don't want anybody ? to get themselves hurt or injured as they passionately protest."

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/article/20110311/WDH0101/303110067/Multimedia-18-GOP-senators-report-getting-death-threats?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I suppose this Democratic Wisconsin Representative "might be" a secret rightwing operative!  ::)

"Death Threat Inside Wisconsin State House From One Lawmaker To Another!"

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
CU. This is the problem. The reporters seem to be able to publish the contents of the email but seem reticent to include the header information , specifiably who the email was from.

Understand this. I am not saying the emails did not come from some union person. I am saying the reporters did not provide proof of those allegations.

Couple that with the constant use of the word civility and uncivility in these reports and i suspect there is an orchestration behind either the release of these emails or the sending of same.

Most states have laws against making threats to public office holders. Perhaps that is why the sender information is being withheld, because it is a criminal matter.

That is not to say that partisans can not be stupid and do stupid things, because they certainly can.

But the possibility still remains that these emails and letters could be plants by some overzealous person from the right, trying to make it appear that these emails originated from the left, and wouldn't that be an embarrassment to those one the right if this were true?

Because without honesty, without trust, what is left?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
"But the possibility still remains that these emails and letters
could be plants by some overzealous person from the right"

and the possibility exists that the elected Democrat in Wisconsin that said to
a young elected Republican woman "you're dead" is a secret agent of the Right.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
As President Obama gives speeches this week condemning bullying his
supporters flood Wisconsin to bully people that disagree with their agenda.

New Death Threats Against Republicans Uncovered Daily [CONTENT WARNING!]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 12:06:12 PM by Christians4LessGvt »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
"But the possibility still remains that these emails and letters
could be plants by some overzealous person from the right"

and the possibility exists that the elected Democrat in Wisconsin that said to
a young elected Republican woman "you're dead" is a secret agent of the Right.

I don't know about that but she offered the same amount of proof that the Black Caucus folks did after the healthcare vote saying tea party folks hurled racial epithets at them and one even claimed to have been spat upon.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
she offered the same amount of proof that the Black Caucus folks did after the healthcare vote saying tea party folks hurled racial epithets at them and one even claimed to have been spat upon.

BT are you now actually questioning whether the Democrat made this outburst?
Whats your next move to defend the undefendable Johnny Cochran Jr.?  ::)
Hey I'd try the lame bullshit about "maybe" he's really a "right-wing plant".
Ya know try to create at least some doubt to hide and/or shield the guilty!

Mar 1, 2011 at 1:23 PM CST

(WFRV)-- Democratic Assemblyman Gordon Hintz of Oshkosh has apologized for a remark he made
to a Republican lawmaker on the floor of the Assembly during last week's budget bill vote.

Hintz called Republican colleague Michelle Litjens of Winneconne yesterday to say he was sorry for what
he called an "outburst."

Litjens says Hintz made remarks, which included an obscenity and the words "you're dead,"
after the bill was passed following days of Assembly debate.

Litjens says she's accepted the apology, but asked assembly leaders to discipline Hintz.

http://www.wfrv.com/news/local/-Representative-Hintz-apoligizes-for-assembly-outburst--117180718.html

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Whoever sent this is either very stupid or an agent provocateur.

Hope it doesn't turn out to be someone from the right, stirring the pot.

What a shame it is that both of these are plausable.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
BT are you now actually questioning whether the Democrat made this outburst?

Nope i'm saying she provided no proof during that interview.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
what bt is saying is plausible for both parties. I`ve always stated I don`t much care for either party and I haven`t seen ANY sign of improvement at least mccain address this problem. . polarity is still growing?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
And what C is saying is that there's now proof of what the Dem congresscritter said, by way of his apologising, vs the continued unsubstantiated hearsay of the Dem congresscritter that claimed spitting and racial slurs by actual Teaparty folk

But your right Kimba....the current CnC hasn't made anything better by way of "bringing folks together".  If anything, the polarization by our resident Community Organizer has become far worse

If only that Democrat had remained silent, Bt would have a partial leg to stand on

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
And what C is saying is that there's now proof of what the Dem congresscritter said, by way of his apologising, vs the continued unsubstantiated hearsay of the Dem congresscritter that claimed spitting and racial slurs by actual Teaparty folk

But your right Kimba....the current CnC hasn't made anything better by way of "bringing folks together".  If anything, the polarization by our resident Community Organizer has become far worse

If only that Democrat had remained silent, Bt would have a partial leg to stand on

What happened after the interview has no bearing on the lack of proof presented during the interview.

It's a timeline thing.

Subtle enough that it probably wouldn't fit on a bumper sticker.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
And the current timeline doesn't support your ongoing position