Author Topic: The left praying for a shutdown  (Read 4580 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The left praying for a shutdown
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 01:25:44 PM »
I'm guessing the MSM is likely not going to spin it that way.  In fact, I'm guessing no one from the MSM, outside of Fox perhaps, will even bring it up during questioning of any politicians.  Instead count how many times you hear "extreme", "teaparty", and/or "cruel" in either the questions posed or the responses given

Just hours away from a government shutdown, Harry Reid took the floor to accuse Tea Partiers of wanting to deny health services to women. Reid repeated his talking points from two days ago, saying that Republicans, nudged by the Tea Party would welcome a shutdown if it meant an opportunity to deny healthcare access.

Sound like reference to Planned Parenthood to you?

"Now the tea party among others, they are the biggest push, is trying to push its extreme social agenda, issues that have nothing to do with funding the bill."

"Republicans want to shut down the government because they think there's nothing more important than keeping women from getting cancer screenings. This is indefensible and everyone should be outraged."

"The Republicans are asking me to sacrifice women's health across the country...I'm not going to do that."

blog

(strange how apparently 49 Democrat Senators had no problem "sacrificing women's health", in prior appropriation bills.   And guess what you won't hear on the MSM?  Precisely that point. Reminds me of when Lanya was condemning the GOP for falsely wanting to give cancer to women.)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2011, 01:56:03 PM »
You know, this is an interesting gamble Obama and the Dems are pulling.  They're gambling that the MSM will circle the wagons and spin this as a Republican/teaparty shut down, despite all facts to the contrary

Given the prodigious defeat that the Dems took in the last election, and the super-majority electorate support of defunding abortions and cutting spending, lets see who here blinks first
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2011, 11:49:31 AM »
It now seems obvious that the Democrats did NOT want a shutdown. Neither, apparently, did the Republicans.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2011, 01:21:35 PM »
It also now seems "obvious" that Obama & the dems are now becoming aware of the electorate peril they would have put themselves in, by closing down government.  Losing faith in their MSM back-up system perhaps

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2011, 01:38:52 PM »
I'm guessing the MSM is likely not going to spin it that way.  In fact, I'm guessing no one from the MSM, outside of Fox perhaps, will even bring it up during questioning of any politicians.  Instead count how many times you hear "extreme", "teaparty", and/or "cruel" in either the questions posed or the responses given

Just hours away from a government shutdown, Harry Reid took the floor to accuse Tea Partiers of wanting to deny health services to women. Reid repeated his talking points from two days ago, saying that Republicans, nudged by the Tea Party would welcome a shutdown if it meant an opportunity to deny healthcare access.

Sound like reference to Planned Parenthood to you?

"Now the tea party among others, they are the biggest push, is trying to push its extreme social agenda, issues that have nothing to do with funding the bill."

"Republicans want to shut down the government because they think there's nothing more important than keeping women from getting cancer screenings. This is indefensible and everyone should be outraged."

"The Republicans are asking me to sacrifice women's health across the country...I'm not going to do that."

blog

<...In addition, "numerous studies" of the health care bill will be ordered, the results of which could provide the GOP with juicy political ammo heading into next year's elections. The District of Columbia will be blocked from using federal funds to pay for abortions, while the IRS will be barred from hiring additional agents. Yearly audits will be conducted by the Government Accountability Office and private industry on the impact of last year's financial services reform package as well, a major plus for Wall Street and the banking industry.

Boehner even took care of a pet project of his own, federal funding for vouchers for D.C. public school students....>

Guess who blinked?  I guess Harry is now throwing women under the bus and "sacrificing their health"

And on a related note, does anyone recall ANY teaparty event where a "social agenda" was being pushed, much less an extreme social agenda??

Me neither
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 03:22:46 PM by sirs »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2011, 02:09:22 PM »
SOMEONE was pushing the anti-planned parenthood effort. The Tea Party is largely an assortment of hicks, yokels, nativists and kluxers supported by Koch's money.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2011, 02:17:36 PM »
And SOMEONE, Reid, apparently is now "sacrificing women's health"

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2011, 03:10:58 PM »
SOMEONE was pushing the anti-planned parenthood effort. The Tea Party is largely an assortment of hicks, yokels, nativists and kluxers supported by Koch's money.

Nonsense.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2011, 05:43:23 PM »
If you are a hick, the odds are you are a teapartier.
If you are a kluxer or a racist, odds are you are a teapartier.
If you are a nativist (as in someone who hates to press One for English) odds are you are a tea partier.

When Juniorbush was president, we heard very little about illegals entering the US.
When Juniorbush was president, no one ever questioned where a presidential candidate was born, at least not since Chester A. Arthur.
Until Obama was elected, no one ever painted pictures of any president in blackface or whiteface, at least not since Lincoln.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2011, 06:07:08 PM »

evidence being....?

evidence being....?

If you are a nativist (as in someone who hates to press One for English) odds are you are a tea partier.

evidence being.....?

When Juniorbush was president, we heard very little about illegals entering the US.

What planet have you been on?  Conservatives were criticizing Bush repetatively on illegal immigration, especially when the talk became of "comprehensive immigration reform"

When Juniorbush was president, no one ever questioned where a presidential candidate was born, at least not since Chester A. Arthur.

When a President of the U.S. can't seem to provide anyone with an actual birth certificate of their being born in the U.S., where no one else had an issue with it, one can understand why

Until Obama was elected, no one ever painted pictures of any president in blackface or whiteface, at least not since Lincoln.

Politicians, for generations have been ridiculed with caricatures & cartoons.  One does not have immunity from such ridicule, because they happen to be black

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2011, 08:32:40 PM »

Complete nonsense.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2011, 08:45:24 PM »
Entirely true.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2011, 09:10:51 PM »
Entirely true.

Right and Japanese are born with a camera around their neck, and all blacks love watermelon, and Asians are horrible drivers. And Jews, well they are just good with money.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2011, 02:49:24 PM »
I did not say that all tea partiers are racists. Some are just common morons and conspiracy lovers. But racists are definitely drawn to this group, and there are no te party rallies that i have seen where one or more clearly racists signs are not present.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2011, 03:13:42 PM »
I did not say that all tea partiers are racists. Some are just common morons and conspiracy lovers. But racists are definitely drawn to this group, and there are no te party rallies that i have seen where one or more clearly racists signs are not present.

Yeah and those signs were carried by democrat operatives as agent provocateurs.