Author Topic: I can really start to see this guy as president now  (Read 15216 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I can really start to see this guy as president now
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 12:02:30 PM »
The US and the EC are doing this for their own benefit

And that's to be applauded.......when its a Democrat calling the shots.  Yea, I kinda figured that one out

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 12:19:05 PM »
As I said earlier, it may or may not turn out to benefit the US, the EC or both, because there are factors involved in Libyan politics beyond the control of either. It seems to me that this has a probability of turning out better than inaction. It is certainly on a very minor scale when compared with Iraq.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2011, 01:08:19 PM »
I do not see this as related in any way to the US border situation.

It is related because you stated one of the reasons for the Libyan operation is
to prevent a mass invasion of refugees/immigrants into Europe, and it highlights
the insanity that one of the reasons we send our military to Libya is to help prevent
a huge surge influx of foreigners into Europe when we wont even protect our own
borders from millions of illegal foreigners flooding into the United States. We need
to worry about our own border security before we send our military off to prevent
foreigners from pouring into European borders!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 01:44:26 PM by Christians4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2011, 01:47:45 PM »
Not into subtlety, are we?

The US collaborating with the Europeans helps the US because it can prevent instability in the Arab world. Instability in the Arab world threatens the flow of oil, and it could easily threaten Israel. Libya borders on two countries, Egypt and Tunisia, that are in a state of transition.

The main purpose of the US engaging in this is not to benefit Europe, though that is an important reason for Europe to join  in such an alliance.

Not everyone has the same motives. Is that too complicated for you to understand?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 04:14:06 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 03:45:59 PM »
The US collaborating with the Europeans helps the US because it can prevent
instability in the Arab world.

And who will be taking over in Libya that will create all this "stability"?
Hell...you don't know any more than a bobblehead who will take over!
Instability is not prevented by creating a power vacuum for radicals to fill.

Not everyone has the same motives. It that to complicated for you to understand?

Yeah I understand it quite well and history proves it out that many times people
cheering the departure of a wicked witch are sorely disappointed when a new more
wicked witch appears to replace the old one. I also understand we have no business
being involved in a Libyan civil war.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2011, 04:08:03 PM »
As I said earlier, it may or may not turn out to benefit the US, the EC or both, because there are factors involved in Libyan politics beyond the control of either.

And yet, you just concluded "The US and the EC are doing this for their own benefit"  I hope you didn't get whiplash, following that lerch

It seems to me that this has a probability of turning out better than inaction. It is certainly on a very minor scale when compared with Iraq.

When there are so many far greater humantarian suffering going on, Iraq being so as well, prior to our intervention.  Yea, we got that too.  How "compassionate" of the Chosen.  But it does kinda reinforce my original point, thank you very much
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2011, 04:15:32 PM »
Everything anyone says always reinforces all your original points.

You infallibility is amazing.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2011, 04:17:04 PM »
If you say so

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2011, 09:16:56 AM »
Signs Trump is Serious?

Donald Trump "isn't just visiting New Hampshire -- he's in discussions to hire staff," Politico reports.

"Michael Cohen, an aide to Trump who's been hyping the real estate mogul's latest presidential tease, is talking to New Hampshire activists and is in advanced discussions with former state lawmaker Fran Wendelboe to help consult on a potential campaign."

Meanwhile, Politico also reports Trump "is in talks with veteran GOP pollster and strategist Tony Fabrizio as he mulls a potential presidential campaign."

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2011, 11:59:24 AM »
I am all for Trump running for president. Letterman and Leno need more hair jokes.

Trump should run for president of the Hair Club for Men, or at least Vice President for Dandruff.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2011, 03:23:20 PM »
It looks like Trump is going to get in. Of all the possible mentioned contenders so far, he's the one I like the best.

Obama's flappy lips, big ears and dark skin didn't stop him from becoming president.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2011, 11:50:11 PM »
And who did you like best in 2008?

Weren't you a Rudy Giulani fan?

If you think that Trump will get the nomination, I suggest you do not know how the Republican Party works.

The last person they nominated as a candidate with no political experience was Eisenhower, and he sort of supervised winning WWII in Europe.

Trump's most well-known feat is combing his hair. Watch and see, Trump will be out of the race before half the primaries are over, or sooner.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
Watch and see, Trump will be out of the race before half the primaries are over, or sooner.

Yesterday you said Trump was just trying to promote a book, even though he has no book out. Now you say he is running and will make it through half the primaries. Which is it?

Your predictions make about as much sense as when you said, "wait and see, Dennis Kucinich will be the Democrat nominee."

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2011, 02:29:20 PM »
At no point did I say Trump would make it through half the primaries. I expect Huckabee will come out ahead in Iowa, since only the ultra righties bother to show up there. I don't see him winning in NH, that will likely go to Romney.
Amazon lists three books available and in print by Trump.

Maybe Trump thinks he can get the nomination. But I do not.

I expect he will sell at least a few more books because of his semi-announcement.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2011, 02:34:05 PM »
At one point you said, very clearly, "The US and the EC are doing this for their own benefit".  Quite emphatically you claimed they were.  No hemming, no hawing, no maybe yes, maybe no

Nice to watch these backpedaling exercises you're performing in this thread with RR and with "As I said earlier..." which as noted above, you actually didn't, "... it may or may not turn out to benefit the US, the EC or both, because there are factors involved in Libyan politics beyond the control of either"
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 04:08:20 PM by sirs »