Author Topic: I can really start to see this guy as president now  (Read 15208 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I can really start to see this guy as president now
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2011, 01:49:36 PM »
It was not a convoluted answer at all. The problem is that your mind seems incapable of detecting any degree of nuance.

What is absurd in the extreme about this entire topic is that the motive for "I can really start seeing this guy as president now" was based on Trump pretending to be some sort of birther.

Why should an opinion on Obama's place of birth qualify anyone for president? It shows that he is monumentally ignorant or is so desperate for recognition, like Huckabee and his wacko Mau-mau crack, that he caters to idiots.

How does not run the White House based on the opinion that his predecessor was ineligible to be president?

As for the war in Libya, I am absolutely sure that if Qaddaffi had actually gone through with taking Benghazi and slaughtering all the people as he promised, that Kramer, RR and "Christians" would be all over him for NOT taking action. As it is, it seemed to me to be the proper course of action, based on the facts that I read.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2011, 01:57:11 AM »
I do think that the odds are slightly in favor of this being the right move.

But of course.....it's a Democrat who made the call to go in

That has nothing at all to do with anything.

Of course it does.  Iraq was a far greater humanitarian tragedy.  It's dictator even used WMD on his citizens.  Iraq is a far greater oil exporter than Libya, and  has far greater interests to the U.S., both in the stability of the ME, and as a haven for terrorist activity.  But Bush, having the (R) after his name is vilified, should be brought up on criminal charges.  Obama on the other hand....well, its a good thing now, and "the right move", despite that he never even went to congress to get any authorization

Your hypocritical double standard is quite a thing to behold
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2011, 11:24:56 AM »
Saddam Hussein did not state that he was going to slaughter an entire city of Iraqis.

The Iraqi resistance to Saddam did not request air cover.

Again, you lack the ability to distinguish any degree of nuance.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2011, 11:37:15 AM »
Saddam Hussein did not state that he was going to slaughter an entire city of Iraqis.

He didn't have the state it....he DID IT.  Iraqi Kurds in the north were slaughtered with WMD

The Iraqi resistance to Saddam did not request air cover.
Again, you lack the ability to distinguish any degree of nuance.

Countries and their citizens across the globe ask, practically beg for our help and "cover".  I realize the need to backpedal to the "nuance defense".  Believe me, if this was about nuance, you'd have a leg to stand on.  This is referred to as reality and who has the R after their name, and who has the D.  R's are to be brought up on criminal charges.  D's...well....are slightly in favor of this being the right move
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2011, 12:20:26 PM »
The US did not attack Saddam Hussein in 2003 because he killed some Kurds in 1988. That argument is spurious. It MIGHT have made sense to attack him for this in 1988, not 15 years later.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2011, 12:35:36 PM »
Doesn't matter...the point remains that he DID.  The point remains it was a GREATER humanitarian effort in Iraq.  The point remains that Iraq was a far GREATER interest to the U.S. and its immediate neighbors/allies.

No nuance needed.  Its called reality

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2011, 12:44:20 PM »
Actually, XO does support the Iraq war now. Obama is still in Iraq and XO hasn't said a peep about it. His support is very nuanced. It's because Obama has a "D" after his name.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2011, 01:28:51 PM »
Good point....not a peep.  When the President had an R, it was daily condemnation

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2011, 01:59:35 PM »
I am all for them leaving Iraq and Afghanistan as well. But they need to make sure that Al Qaeda does not take over when they do.

Libya is not a major effort as Iraq was.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2011, 02:30:39 PM »
I am all for them leaving Iraq and Afghanistan as well. But they need to make sure that Al Qaeda does not take over when they do.

Which is why Bush kept up the efforts as well.  Yet he was verbally crucified by the likes of you, on a daily basis

Libya is not a major effort as Iraq was.

Again, the notion that a humantarin is small, is why we should go in?  Thousands, or just the mere threat of thousands, we go in.  But tens of thousands, already murdered/slaughtered, well, we need to bring our President up on criminal charges, for going in on that one.

Keep digging, Xo

« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 04:27:07 PM by sirs »