Author Topic: Who can say it is or isn't "Cristian"  (Read 1985 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Who can say it is or isn't "Cristian"
« on: January 07, 2007, 12:16:22 PM »
http://www.yahoo.com/s/477322

http://videogames.yahoo.com/newsarticle?eid=498770&page=0

Left Behind: Eternal Forces, a Christianity-based real-time strategy game.

Would Jesus play this game?

Would he win?

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Who can say it is or isn't "Cristian"
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 06:24:38 PM »
It's not Christian in the least.  (Did you mean to spell it Cristian in the title?)  It sounds like barbarians.  Succumb to my religion or die!

It's jihad only practiced by pretend Christians.

Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 06:31:22 PM »
jihad = crusade

There is not a figs diffrence.

Are you sure that Richard the Lion heart was not a serious Christian ?

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 02:35:13 AM »
Not every Christian believes in the "Left Behind" version of eschatology.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 02:10:45 AM »
Not every Christian believes in the "Left Behind" version of eschatology.

Of course , but at least you are not denying the Christianity of those who do.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 11:21:57 AM »
Left Behind and all its offspring are violent and intolerant because the Book of Revelation, on which they are based, is also violent amd intolerant. To this we can easily add 'insane'.

The main difference between a Crusade and jihad is that the goal of the Crusades was to secure the "Holy Land" so that should Jesus return as promised, he would not find himself in hostile territory. The idea of the jihad is merely to convert infidels to Islam as an evangelical exercise. Upon occasion, a jihad would be declared as the result of some provocation by practitioners of some other religion. 

These are all nutty ideas. I see no real reason to ban a silly Christian-based game from a Wallyworld rather than to ban all violent games.
If the Muslims do not like a Christian-based game, let them develop their own game.

How about a "Bonfire of the Vanities" game in which the player gets to play the role of Girolamo Savanarola? That would be educational. Especially as Savarola discovers that the Pope is against him and has plans to barbecue him...
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 03:25:31 AM »
Left Behind and all its offspring are violent and intolerant because the Book of Revelation, on which they are based, is also violent amd intolerant. To this we can easily add 'insane'.

The main difference between a Crusade and jihad is that the goal of the Crusades was to secure the "Holy Land" so that should Jesus return as promised, he would not find himself in hostile territory. The idea of the jihad is merely to convert infidels to Islam as an evangelical exercise. Upon occasion, a jihad would be declared as the result of some provocation by practitioners of some other religion. 

These are all nutty ideas. I see no real reason to ban a silly Christian-based game from a Wallyworld rather than to ban all violent games.
If the Muslims do not like a Christian-based game, let them develop their own game.

How about a "Bonfire of the Vanities" game in which the player gets to play the role of Girolamo Savanarola? That would be educational. Especially as Savarola discovers that the Pope is against him and has plans to barbecue him...

Of course something will seem insane if it is sufficently hard to understand that the logic and sense cannot be perceived even if perfect.

I like you notion of createing a game for each niche market , each one has the right.

Would a game tend to increase insularity in the niche as it became a part of the lives of its players?

Or might it cross lines as a good game and create cross cultural understanding?