Author Topic: Quote of the year , already  (Read 15011 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quote of the year , already
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2007, 04:49:05 PM »
It is sooo good to see you finally admitting that you Repubs are corrupt, but everyone knew that already.

Like the true moron you are, once again you get it wrong.

What you won't have a problem finding is when corrupt republicans are discovered, they are either asked to step down or they resign on their own.

And that seems to be a different modus operandi than the dems.

Like the truly simple-minded dolt that you are , you miss my point completely. I never was for bi-partisanship. I am for trying all those responsible for the war with war crimes. I dont think you can really nail Pelosi for not being bi-partisan yet because it is way too early. The fact that she is leaving the obstructionists out of the first 100 hours to get things done that she really promised the people, not Repub criminals, is commendable. If a politician says something I disagree with and does something I do agree with, I can forgive that and if you had an ounce of honesty in your body, YOU would admit that as well because that is exactly what Repub politicians do nearly  all the time. For instance, touting balaced budgets and creating massive deficits , claiming to want to cut spending and then adding their own pork ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Do you care about any kind of wrongdoing , that doesn't involve Republicans?

I care about wrongdoing involving anyone. It is just that the Repubs have made it their culture. They are greedy , arrogant crooks for the most part. You will never convince me or anyone with a brain that Nancy Pelosi deferring her goal to bring back bi-partisanship to the House in order to keep her higher promise of getting things done for the people is anywhere near the wrongdoings of Delay, Cunningham, Foley, Abramoff ad infinitum , ad nauseum.
Besides, you guys make up most of the shit that you throw at the Dems while your crookedness is well-known and documeneted

No corruption is not any more a Republican feature than it was a feature unique to Archerons, it is the power that draws the corruption in the same manner that moths are drawn to light.

If the Dems have more power they will attract more corruption , it will be like old times , remember?
Abscam , house bank , travelgate,etc etc etc....

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2007, 04:54:23 PM »
Who wants bi-partisanship?

Why would we want to have a choice between two parties that are equivalent?

I like the idea of fairplay , not the notion that the game should be rigged to tie.

I dont want bi-partisanship . I want all the crooks most of whom  are Repub in jail.

The parties are equivalent in only the fact that it is the same Oligarchy that controls them. The Repubs have made creed & corruption their credo .

First lock up all of the Republicans who are crooks .

Then STOP  STOP do not even look for Democrats who are crooks!

There is importanty work for them to do they have a little cash in their freezer is not as important as that they get to do their work , their work is for the people , for the children for our future!

Know this ,while Republicans were in power in all three branches , Cunningham and Abramof were locked up in jail.

Do you really think that Democrats can put Democrats in jail?

I think this would be a standard above their reach.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2007, 05:04:10 PM »
You will never convince me or anyone with a brain that Nancy Pelosi deferring her goal

If it is a worthy goal, why defer. It's kinda like raising the minimum wage in a two stage action so as to minimize economic impact which we were also told was neglible.

So what is the date certain for Nancy's bipartisanship pledge to be implemented? Day 101?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2007, 05:15:45 PM »
You will never convince me or anyone with a brain that Nancy Pelosi deferring her goal

If it is a worthy goal, why defer. It's kinda like raising the minimum wage in a two stage action so as to minimize economic impact which we were also told was neglible.

So what is the date certain for Nancy's bipartisanship pledge to be implemented? Day 101?

I expect a positive impact from the rise of the minimum wage , I am a civil servant and a landlord , I get COLA and raises that I determine myself , but my debts are fixed in dollars that can shrink.

Mucho

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2007, 05:51:41 PM »
Who wants bi-partisanship?

Why would we want to have a choice between two parties that are equivalent?

I like the idea of fairplay , not the notion that the game should be rigged to tie.

I dont want bi-partisanship . I want all the crooks most of whom  are Repub in jail.

The parties are equivalent in only the fact that it is the same Oligarchy that controls them. The Repubs have made creed & corruption their credo .

First lock up all of the Republicans who are crooks .

Then STOP  STOP do not even look for Democrats who are crooks!

There is importanty work for them to do they have a little cash in their freezer is not as important as that they get to do their work , their work is for the people , for the children for our future!

Know this ,while Republicans were in power in all three branches , Cunningham and Abramof were locked up in jail.

Do you really think that Democrats can put Democrats in jail?

I think this would be a standard above their reach.

Most of the crooks are Repub because it is a part of their business oriented culture to be so.
When they did last have the power, they did unish their own including poor ol"' Jim Wright http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Wright whose "crime" then was piddly compared to the shit your Repub crooks had made standard practice before just now being outed and thrown out of office..

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2007, 06:04:07 PM »
"Wright became the target of an inquiry by the House Ethics Committee. Their report in early 1989 implied that he had used bulk purchases of his vanity book Reflections of a Public Man to earn speaking fees in excess of the allowed maximum, and that his wife, Betty, was given a job and perks to avoid the limit on gifts. Faced with an increasing loss of effectiveness, he resigned as Speaker on May 31, 1989,..."

And why is this lessor of a crime?

Mucho

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2007, 07:15:07 PM »
"Wright became the target of an inquiry by the House Ethics Committee. Their report in early 1989 implied that he had used bulk purchases of his vanity book Reflections of a Public Man to earn speaking fees in excess of the allowed maximum, and that his wife, Betty, was given a job and perks to avoid the limit on gifts. Faced with an increasing loss of effectiveness, he resigned as Speaker on May 31, 1989,..."

For many e did not break campaign laws like Delay, take direct bribes like Cunningham , harass pages like Foley or take illegal trips like nearly all the Repubs did. In fact, book deals are now commonplace and nearly everyone has one. Your Repubs have given corruption a bad name by sheer redundancy.

Mucho

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2007, 07:18:18 PM »

There is just as much bipartisanship now as there was under the Repubs . The Repubs new found humility may make it easier to create more of it. They have to try as well, you know and incessant whining isnt going to help.

yellow_crane

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2007, 08:04:37 PM »
The deal was, by the way, that Pelosi, when minority leader, proposed a deal by which the Republicans would agree to treat the Democrats in a pleasant and civilized manner.

The Republicans declined, and treated the Democrats like mulesh*t.

Now the Republicans want the same bill Pelosi proposed.
And the Democrats, having been treated like the proverbial mulesh*t, are disinclined to accept it.

And Slurs, he whose mind resembles a proverbial steel trap, sees this as an instance of DEMOCRATIC hypocrisy.

Plus ça change, plus ça la meme chose...

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2007, 08:57:14 PM »
There is just as much bipartisanship now as there was under the Repubs . The Repubs new found humility may make it easier to create more of it. They have to try as well, you know and incessant whining isnt going to help.

Agin you misunderstand.

This isn't about the republicans. It is about nancy advocating a policy she is not willing to deliver when she has the power to do so.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2007, 08:58:33 PM »

For many e did not break campaign laws like Delay, take direct bribes like Cunningham , harass pages like Foley or take illegal trips like nearly all the Repubs did. In fact, book deals are now commonplace and nearly everyone has one. Your Repubs have given corruption a bad name by sheer redundancy.

He broke campain laws , Unlike Delay who is falsely accused .
How is thatr prosicution comeing along anyhow?

Mucho

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2007, 10:18:49 PM »

He broke campain laws , Unlike Delay who is falsely accused .
How is thatr prosicution comeing along anyhow?

So DeLay was falsely accused now and you have the nerve to say I would forgive a Dem anything? You make excuses for the biggest obvious crooked asshole in the world.

BTW- the prosecution is coming along nicely and has just been expanded. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/05/AR2006010502331.html
So glad that you asked.
 :P
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 10:29:02 PM by Mucho »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2007, 01:05:03 AM »
"Earle, an elected district attorney in Travis County, Tex., did not reveal in the subpoenas why he believes he has jurisdiction over the campaign spending. "

That is fishing isn't it!

Conviction would be a lot easyer if the prosicutor had some evidence that a crime was ever committed.

Mucho

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2007, 01:09:26 AM »
"Earle, an elected district attorney in Travis County, Tex., did not reveal in the subpoenas why he believes he has jurisdiction over the campaign spending. "

Conviction would be a lot easyer if the prosicutor had some evidence that a crime was ever committed.

You have a problem wth fishing? That is all y'all did with Starr. I think Earle will be much more successful .

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2007, 01:11:34 AM »

You have a problem wth fishing? That is all y'all did with Starr. I think Earle will be much more successful .

I think that Earle is a good example top point to as an example of Democratic tolerance for chicanery.

Starr actually found evidence that Clinton broke a law.

Earle is busy embarrassing the Democratic party.