Author Topic: Democrats miss work to watch football  (Read 7277 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

Mucho

Re: Democrats miss work to watch football
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 02:12:43 PM »
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash7.htm

This is piddly shit even lower than most of the pidldy shit you try to make into a federal case.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 02:30:05 PM »
Xavier Onassis seemed pretty mad about members of congress missing work, as he wrote recently: "We pay these geek big bucks to do their jobs. As Superchicken used to say to his sidekick Fred the Lion, 'You knew the job was dangerous when you took it!'
He wasn't elected to do his job for a three day week part of the year gig. I'd throw the silly sumbitch out if he were my congressman."

Now the Dems want to skip work to watch football. Will XO show similar anger against his beloved Democrats? We'll have to wait and see. Dems not only broke a campaign promise to work a 5 day week, but they are liars as well.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 06:27:38 PM »
I don't like it one bit.

When they say they're going to work all week, then they god damned well better work a whole five-day week and stop dicking around.

And all this bullshit with the 100 hours starts on blah,blah,blah day and only accounts for so many hours of the day per week and all that horseshit.

Go down there and stay the 100 hours till the stuff is passed!  Quit pussyfooting.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 06:34:09 PM »
I don't like it one bit.

Thanks for the consistency.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Mucho

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 06:36:04 PM »
Xavier Onassis seemed pretty mad about members of congress missing work, as he wrote recently: "We pay these geek big bucks to do their jobs. As Superchicken used to say to his sidekick Fred the Lion, 'You knew the job was dangerous when you took it!'
He wasn't elected to do his job for a three day week part of the year gig. I'd throw the silly sumbitch out if he were my congressman."

Now the Dems want to skip work to watch football. Will XO show similar anger against his beloved Democrats? We'll have to wait and see. Dems not only broke a campaign promise to work a 5 day week, but they are liars as well.

Lying about a 5 day work week is piddly compared to lying the country into war. Besides people get time off on 5 day work weeks all the time in business.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 06:40:56 PM »
Lying about a 5 day work week is piddly compared to lying the country into war. Besides people get time off on 5 day work weeks all the time in business.

I can't imagine Coca-Cola or FedEx giving everyone the day off to go to a football game.  I don't honestly believe that is the real reason that congress is in session but if it were, then they should all be impeached.

Secondly, your comparison of the two lies is valid but in the end, both are lies.  And the Dems ran on honesty in government.  They need a collective foot in their asses.

Mucho

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 06:57:37 PM »

I can't imagine Coca-Cola or FedEx giving everyone the day off to go to a football game.  I don't honestly believe that is the real reason that congress is in session but if it were, then they should all be impeached.

Secondly, your comparison of the two lies is valid but in the end, both are lies.  And the Dems ran on honesty in government.  They need a collective foot in their asses.

I worked for a company that was hqd in Indiana. They gave everyone off on Indy 500 and they were a subsidiary of Xerox. If the Dems  deserve a boot up their ass for this piddly lie, but the Bushidiot deserves a live Abomb up his for his monstrous and deadly ones . You know that RR doesnt really give a ratsass about this but only wants to stir up anti-Dem shit in any devious & shallow way he can.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 07:03:53 PM »
Rep. Boner of Ohio is the one who requested it.   Your source didn't mention that? 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 10:29:39 PM »

I worked for a company that was hqd in Indiana. They gave everyone off on Indy 500 and they were a subsidiary of Xerox. If the Dems  deserve a boot up their ass for this piddly lie, but the Bushidiot deserves a live Abomb up his for his monstrous and deadly ones . You know that RR doesnt really give a ratsass about this but only wants to stir up anti-Dem shit in any devious & shallow way he can.

Dude, it looks bad.  They made a big shittin' deal out of working five days a week and then take off a day.  The mistake that people are going to make is DEFENDING these assholes after hammering on the "other side" for the same kind of piddling shit for 6 years.  The mistake would be not to call these jerkoffs on their crap.  They think they can can get away with it just like Bush and the GOP thought they could get away with it.

Talk about fear of god.  If they got a shower of emails hammering on their asses for this kind of stuff, it would scare the crap out of them.  When I heard 100 hours, I didn't envision weeks of hour-long increments.  I heard "100 hours".  Anything else is the type of parsing of words that angered me when the GOP was in control.

Hence, I have just fired off a pissy email to my newly-elected congressman.

Mucho

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 11:36:17 PM »
Rep. Boner of Ohio is the one who requested it.   Your source didn't mention that? 

It would be a lazy ass Repub that concocted this thing. Their idea of hard worik s sitting at your desk for two hours and playing golf for four. When they REALLY work hard , they sit on their ass for six hours.

Mucho

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 11:39:39 PM »

Dude, it looks bad.  They made a big shittin' deal out of working five days a week and then take off a day.  The mistake that people are going to make is DEFENDING these assholes after hammering on the "other side" for the same kind of piddling shit for 6 years.  The mistake would be not to call these jerkoffs on their crap.  They think they can can get away with it just like Bush and the GOP thought they could get away with it.

Talk about fear of god.  If they got a shower of emails hammering on their asses for this kind of stuff, it would scare the crap out of them.  When I heard 100 hours, I didn't envision weeks of hour-long increments.  I heard "100 hours".  Anything else is the type of parsing of words that angered me when the GOP was in control.

Hence, I have just fired off a pissy email to my newly-elected congressman.

I am impressed and pleased by your purity. Youcan beat their asses up as much as you want, but please dont fall for the RW bullshit that is thrown around to embarras good people  in this nuthouse, please.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 11:44:03 PM »

The Republicans are no longer in the majority, so they have no power.

That's what Terra insisted, anyway.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 12:15:32 AM »

The Republicans are no longer in the majority, so they have no power.  That's what Terra insisted, anyway.

D'OH........I knew that was going to come back to haunt a few folks     8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 12:23:13 AM »
I expect that is the last request from Boner that will ever be granted.  So  let's see how this worked: He asked, it was granted, then he schlepped the story over to Drudge, who runs it as "Democrats would rather watch football than work."
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.