Author Topic: Dems' race card: Predictable, hypocritical  (Read 6161 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dems' race card: Predictable, hypocritical
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 09:14:03 PM »
Given her position as a central committee member, America's ugly history of demeaning images of blacks and the Democratic Party's unfair but calculated characterization of the Republican Party as racist the official exercised poor taste and bad judgment. She has apologized. But many demand her resignation.

she should resign.

then you should too!

from what?

I am sure that you said something dumb sometime in your life. Resign from your positions at 3DHS and that should take care of the matter.

I'll take that suggestion under advisement.

I heard her in an interview and she was sorry and regretted it. At least she didn't drive drink off a bridge and kill some young girl. Did you ever suggest Kennedy resign?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 09:26:22 PM »
Did you ever suggest Kennedy resign?

At the time i suggested Kennedy should be prosecuted for manslaughter.

But hey, if you are comfortable with folkks who do monkey jokes representing you in California, who am i to blow against the wind. And who knows, maybe the monkey joke was aimed at his white half.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 09:35:02 PM »

But hey, if you are comfortable with folkks who do monkey jokes representing you in California, who am i to blow against the wind. And who knows, maybe the monkey joke was aimed at his white half.

I don't really know much about it other than last week I saw her interview on a local channel and she seemed sorry. Isn't sorry enough? It was good enough when Reid said what he said about Obama, it was good enough when Biden said what he said about Obama, it was good enough when B. Clinton said what he said about Obama, it was good enough when Jesse and Al said what they said about Jews and even the guy with the nappy headed ho comment was sorry and has his show back too. This women didn't mean for this to become a national issue, unlike all those names that I mentioned. They all said those things in public not private! Anyway she looks like she's approaching 80 something and ready to check out of this world.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 10:06:55 PM »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 10:36:29 PM »
Her sense of humor could be better if she finds this funny,I would say.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 10:56:09 PM »

I don't really know much about it other than last week I saw her interview on a local channel and she seemed sorry. Isn't sorry enough? It was good enough when Reid said what he said about Obama, it was good enough when Biden said what he said about Obama, it was good enough when B. Clinton said what he said about Obama, it was good enough when Jesse and Al said what they said about Jews and even the guy with the nappy headed ho comment was sorry and has his show back too. This women didn't mean for this to become a national issue, unlike all those names that I mentioned. They all said those things in public not private! Anyway she looks like she's approaching 80 something and ready to check out of this world.

I guess what you and sirs are having a hard time understanding is the competition does not determine the quality of your product, you do.

Let's use a real world situation. Let's say you sell tools for a living. And you and your district for years have been trying to break into the foreign auto repair market. And your competition has been saying all along that you think foreign car mechanics are substandard workers, and whether true or not that has been making it hard for you to break into that market. But slowly you have been making inroads and sales are going up and then some marketing support rep  from district office sends out an email blast making fun of  foreign auto mechanics.

Does that person keep their job?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 11:47:17 PM »
Her sense of humor could be better if she finds this funny,I would say.

it is funny, just not appropriate, nor nice, nor something a party rep should be doing; but these days it seems like many people in every corner of society are ill-equipped to use common sense.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 02:54:19 AM »
No, she shouldn't.  It was poor taste & poor judgement, that's all.  She apologized.  Obama has demonstrated for worse judgement, & no one's calling on him to resign

Right. Its always best to keep folks with poor taste and poor judgment in positions of high visibility with so much at stake with the future of the country.

Perhaps she can take her monkey jokes national. That'll show 'em.

Yea, because of course she didn't apologise, she was proud of them, just looking to take them national     ::)

When you start clammoring for Obama's resignation, then we can return to considering hers

She was proud enough to forward the jokes to her friends.

I think we already addressed the issue of poor judgement & bad taste.  She has since apologized

And it doesn't matter what Obama does when setting the standards for your own group.

Its called consistency

And you guys cry because the GOP can't take back the California state government. Perhaps this is a reason why.

And you'd be wrong, but don't let that stop you
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 03:19:57 AM »
Quote from: BT on April 28, 2011, 07:34:01 PM

And it doesn't matter what Obama does when setting the standards for your own group.

Its called consistency

It's called lowering your standards to the lowest common denominator. Willioe Sutton used to rob banks. Guess that makes it OK.

Right?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 03:30:46 AM »
Wrong.  It's calling a mistake a mistake.  It's calling an error in judgement, an error in judgement.  Nice to know you apparently equate robbing banks with telling a tasteless joke though
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 03:54:55 AM »
Wrong.  It's calling a mistake a mistake.  It's calling an error in judgement, an error in judgement.  Nice to know you apparently equate robbing banks with telling a tasteless joke though

Nice to know you like being associated with folks who think racist jokes are funny.

You certainly like making excuses for them.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 04:10:39 AM »
Boy oh boy, you really are taking this misrepresenting my position to the highest levels.  What part of BAD JOKE, BAD TASTE, POOR JUDGEMENT equates to racists jokes are funny??  Here's a newsflash Bt, I know some good friends who've pulled some stupid things in their past.  Have made some asanine comments, and realized how bad they were, after the fact.  If you could demonstrate a pattern of this woman making these jokes as a standard practice of humor, you MIGHT have a leg to stand on.  She made a stupid tasteless joke.....ONE.  She's apologized for it. 

Your demanding she resign while the folks on the left get free passes for the garbage they spew on a rather consistent pattern basis, demonstrates far more the mindset that puts the GOP on their heels so often.  Always having to defend themselves from acts that are a fraction of what the Dems get away with, on a practically daily basis, and never apologize for, much less resign from their position of power

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2011, 05:06:11 AM »
Always having to defend themselves from acts that are a fraction of what the Dems get away with, on a practically daily basis, and never apologize for, much less resign from their position of power

Then lower the standards for the GOP. Let them be as bad as the dems.
No wonder this country is going to hell in a hand basket.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2011, 11:13:35 AM »
Gonna be a LOOOONG time before that happens.  How's that finding a pattern of similar "proud jokes" by this lady, coming?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2011, 11:26:46 AM »
Always having to defend themselves from acts that are a fraction of what the Dems get away with, on a practically daily basis, and never apologize for, much less resign from their position of power

Then lower the standards for the GOP. Let them be as bad as the dems.
No wonder this country is going to hell in a hand basket.

It already happened, why in the hell do you think we lost in 2008? Not enough R's came out to support a flawed candidate in McCain. I held my breath and voted because it came down to McCain or Obama and I knew both sucked but at least McCain isn't a traitor. In case you missed it the country has already gone down the tubes! Just about every single one of us is dysfunctional in some way! And how in the hell could we not be with all the things that are happening in our society from TV, to politics, to school & work environment, to you name it!