Author Topic: Dems' race card: Predictable, hypocritical  (Read 6163 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dems' race card: Predictable, hypocritical
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2011, 11:50:28 AM »
Just about every single one of us is dysfunctional in some way!

===============================================
But this is one category in which you appear to be winning.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »
Just about every single one of us is dysfunctional in some way!

===============================================
But this is one category in which you appear to be winning.

I wasn't aware it was a contest. At least I'm not fat & ugly like you.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2011, 02:22:15 PM »
Gonna be a LOOOONG time before that happens.  How's that finding a pattern of similar "proud jokes" by this lady, coming?

Don't need to find a pattern.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2011, 03:00:37 PM »
So, in your book, just 1 bad joke, not even proven to be racially motivated and.....you're outa here.  I'm glad I don't work for you.  So, obviously you were calling for Clarence Thomas to step down when Anita Hill was referencing his bad jokes, right?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2011, 03:11:24 PM »
I was never in favor of Thomas being nominated or placed on the Supreme Court at all. He is a lightweight and has wacky ideas.
He was not a member of the court when Anita Hill testified against him. I'd vastly prefer Hill being on the Court to him.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2011, 03:13:23 PM »
I was never in favor of Thomas being nominated or placed on the Supreme Court at all. He is a lightweight and has wacky ideas.
He was not a member of the court when Anita Hill testified against him. I'd vastly prefer Hill being on the Court to him.

He is a lightweight and has wacky ideas.

That's what I think about Obama, does that make me a racist?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2011, 07:56:15 PM »
So, in your book, just 1 bad joke, not even proven to be racially motivated and.....you're outa here.  I'm glad I don't work for you.  So, obviously you were calling for Clarence Thomas to step down when Anita Hill was referencing his bad jokes, right?

There really wasn't a whole lot of proof concerning Hill's allegations, if i recall correctly.

This lady was caught red handed. And at the minimum she should be reassigned to an obscure position stuffing envelopes if she doesn't have enough character to resign. She showed bad judgment in a business where judgment is the product for sale.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2011, 08:18:27 PM »
LOL.....yep, caught red handed telling one really bad tasteless joke.  Oh, the horror.  I think we need to indict her.  3 years + 100hrs community service at the Improv

Or, given the level of bad judgement, 4yrs President of the the United States
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2011, 08:19:29 PM »

There really wasn't a whole lot of proof concerning Hill's allegations, if i recall correctly.

This lady was caught red handed. And at the minimum she should be reassigned to an obscure position stuffing envelopes if she doesn't have enough character to resign. She showed bad judgment in a business where judgment is the product for sale.

But she had a pubic hair that Thomas put on the top of a Coke can.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2011, 08:33:49 PM »
LOL.....yep, caught red handed telling one really bad tasteless joke.  Oh, the horror.  I think we need to indict her.  3 years + 100hrs community service at the Improv

Or, given the level of bad judgement, 4yrs President of the the United States

Yes continue defending her. Hard to deny being the party of racists when you excuse racist behavior.

Hard to claim to being the party of personal responsibility when you refuse to accept the consequences of your behavior. How Clintonian.

Wasn't it just this year that a tea party congressman got caught in an embarrassing situation and resigned for the sake of the party? Guess character is no longer a positive attribute.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2011, 08:42:06 PM »
What I'm "defending" is nothing more than some witch-hunt over a bad joke.  Nothing more.   If it was an ethical scandal, if it was some quid-pro-quo, if it were an affair, if it were some misappropriation of campaign funds, if it were a bank robbery.......no, it was one bad, tasteless joke......ONE

If you had been able to demonstrate some pattern of behavior that would warrant a need to resign over a racially motivated mindset, or even a pattern of poor judgement, THEN you'd have a leg to stand on.  Otherwise, you're just mirroring the typical MSM beatdown of any Republican that made 1 mistake.....a bad joke.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2011, 08:45:03 PM »
Imagine how the two monkeys in the picture feel about being lumped together with Boy Wonder?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2011, 08:50:19 PM »
What I'm "defending" is nothing more than some witch-hunt over a bad joke.  Nothing more.   If it was an ethical scandal, if it was some quid-pro-quo, if it were an affair, if it were some misappropriation of campaign funds, if it were a bank robbery.......no, it was one bad, tasteless joke......ONE

If you had been able to demonstrate some pattern of behavior that would warrant a need to resign over a racially motivated mindset, or even a pattern of poor judgement, THEN you'd have a leg to stand on.  Otherwise, you're just mirroring the typical MSM beatdown of any Republican that made 1 mistake.....a bad joke.

It was inappropriate behavior on the party's dime and in the party's name and is inexcusable. If she had a shred of honor she should resign.

It doesn't matyter what dems do. It doesn't matter who else thinks she should resign. What matters is she brought shame on the party and should no longer represent it.

And that is my opinion.

You certainly are entitled to treat her more liberally.
\

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »
See, that's where we disagree.   I don't see 1 BAD JOKE, as inexcusable.  A PATTERN of bad jokes, absolutely.  A PATTERN of bad judgement, absolutely.  1 mistake, that she copiously apologised for, no.  NO ONE would be in a position of authority, if that were the case.  I have yet to come across the perfect politician.  You have??

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2011, 09:20:53 PM »
See, that's where we disagree.   I don't see 1 BAD JOKE, as inexcusable.  A PATTERN of bad jokes, absolutely.  A PATTERN of bad judgement, absolutely.  1 mistake, that she copiously apologised for, no.  NO ONE would be in a position of authority, if that were the case.  I have yet to come across the perfect politician.  You have??

I see so everybody gets a free pass on the first offense.

That cub scout den leader only molested that one kid. Pass.

That husband only blackened his wife's eye that one time. Pass

That mexican only entered the country illegally that one time. Pass

That party official only exhibited that racist attitude the one time. Pass

Yeah that's the ticket.