Author Topic: Bush rhetoric hard to square with facts  (Read 4933 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bush rhetoric hard to square with facts
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 11:44:38 AM »
Sorry about the misspelling of (gamble) and thank you for the correction. My point is this. The president's thinking is not rational and congress needs to override his proposals.

Hey, no problem - it worked. The whole war seems to have been no more than a playful romp for King George.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 11:49:43 AM »
Sorry about the misspelling of (gamble) and thank you for the correction. My point is this. The president's thinking is not rational and congress needs to override his proposals.

They certainly have that option.

And if they don't, will you blame Bush for Congress's inaction?

Mucho

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 12:35:11 PM »

You keep assuming the congressional Dem majority will be gutless wonders cause your Repub  majority was, but the Dems don t have to be that brave cau they have the overwhelming support of US and will kick the Bushidiots ass from here to Sunday.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 12:47:50 PM »
Then the table is set.

Will Congress do its duty as representatives of the vast majority of its citizens or will it shirk its responsibilities?

Guess we will just have to see how the drama unfolds.

Mucho

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 01:19:18 PM »
Then the table is set.

Will Congress do its duty as representatives of the vast majority of its citizens or will it shirk its responsibilities?

Guess we will just have to see how the drama unfolds.

Yup it would be big fun if it werent for all the needless deaths caused by the Bushidiots fuckups.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2007, 01:32:42 PM »
. Didn't a carrier group move into the region? Think the border will be as pourous?

==========================================================
I am wondering how an aircraft carrier can make the Syrian or Iranian borders with Iraq more secure. It strikes me that even a very large ship would not have much effect.

I think that Juniorbush asked the military how many troops they could send and 21,500 was the maximum number. So he picked the highest number that they said was possible.

It turns out that the money that is financing most of the insurgents is coming from the Iraqi government, and most of their money is actually coming from us. WE ARE FINANCING BOTH SIDES OF A CIVIL WAR HERE BECAUSE WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE WHO SPEAK THE LANGUAGE.

There were SIX people who could carry on a conversation in Arabic in the US embassy in Baghdad.

SIX (6) SIX.

We can hire interpreters there, but they all have relatives and a side to choose in the civil war.

This was a moronic exercise in stupidity from the git-go.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2007, 01:50:19 PM »
Yup it would be big fun if it werent for all the needless deaths caused by the Bushidiots fuckups.

And you will blame the cowardly dems for any more needless deaths based on their inaction?

Mucho

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2007, 02:04:29 PM »

And you will blame the cowardly dems for any more needless deaths based on their inaction?

They are acting pretty good so far. They fried Rice real well in the hearings. Things like this  are the only weapons they have in a democracy. There is also a lot more talk of defunding the war going on as well.

larry

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2007, 05:20:14 PM »

No I will place the blame on the new congress. The now have what they need to govern, no excuses, if they fail to use that authority, they will get the blame.

yellow_crane

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2007, 07:11:19 PM »

No I will place the blame on the new congress. The now have what they need to govern, no excuses, if they fail to use that authority, they will get the blame.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo***************oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I am beginning to wonder just how much blame can be heaped upon the sitting Democrats. 

You watched Pelosi lilke a bouncing ball with candidate Murtha, only to be shot down lickety split by a faction that was not mentioned in the press. 

You watched prominent Democrats rush to rescue Joe Lieberman, whom most Democrats in the collective view as a traitor, and strangely, when questioned by the media, had a single reply:  "Buddy."   You know, the word of the day . . . ie, "augmentation."  (Good reporters, these days, are probably drunk and calling their journalists brothers to compare texts and circling the operating word of the day, which they are, when the dinner bell rings, obliged to repeat from up top.  Imagine how it feels to know the tactic and recognize the motive, and then made have to include it, without exposing it?  They are outside the arena, nursing their wounded journalistic principles, and they hate their bosses, who are promoting those who are empty, fawning and compliant.)

How many constituents realize just where their elected Democrats stand?

You know that most of the country wants the war ended, and elected the Democrats in to do that.

Will they?   

I see no professional pundit sitting on the end of THAT branch, saying so with any certainty whatsoever.  And remember, this all conflicts with the whole of Democrative voters, who would sound a much clearer warcry. 

Everybody talks about the legal crowbars, but in the end the reality will be one of willingness, not tactic.

Watching Republicans breaking free from the grip of the Neocons seems in my mind to make them more trustworthy than do some of these Democrats who seem to have a small coterie agenda which is kept scrambled in the mind of the great constituent collective.  On every issue, they throw smokebombs, like ninjas.  Could that mean that they benefit from the clouds?

I used to think the Democrats were not organized, by comparing them to the Republicans, who had Rove to weave them into a single, captive cloth.   But now it seems worse than that.  Now it seems that the Democrats are disconnected, like they have broken out into little gangs, little gangs for hire. 

I would wager that the truth is that neither party truly represents its constituency like they used to.  They work like the football arenas in the big cities.   All but little goes out of state, to out of state investors.  Most cities realize very little of the capital taken in.  They are the opposite of a local enterprise.  The host city usually just has crews to mop up the mess of the trained indulgence.  But now, it seems specifically that the elected Democrats seem to represent, at least honestly, no constituency at all, above themselves.

Most Democrats nationwide, watching Murtha slay the dragon, would have had Murtha in.  (He was the one sunofabitch who delivered what most Americans think elected Democrats lack--courage.)   But, those constituents in the states continue to remain doubtful of their collective clout, because the media crafts and prunes, keeping them separate, and in the dark.  The great virtue of NPR is that it connects the dots that the media intentionally refuses to.

Like all oppressives who have control of the state, they hate most he who would unite the tribes.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2007, 09:27:33 PM »
I'm willing to give the people I elected about a week more.   
Why are they so meek and mild? 
Murtha needs to have a serious heart-to-heart with the newbies.  All of the congress, for that matter.   Tell them: You are here, safe, well-fed.  You are in a position of power. Only YOU can stop this or go down trying. 
And then if they don't do it, cut them off, no more votes or money, no more anything.    Ptui.  They have to do more than show up. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2007, 09:35:50 PM »
Murtha will be facing his own problems if draining the swamp talk was real. Perhaps a better role model would be in order.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2007, 03:46:28 AM »
I'm willing to give the people I elected about a week more.   
Why are they so meek and mild? 
Murtha needs to have a serious heart-to-heart with the newbies.  All of the congress, for that matter.   Tell them: You are here, safe, well-fed.  You are in a position of power. Only YOU can stop this or go down trying. 
And then if they don't do it, cut them off, no more votes or money, no more anything.    Ptui.  They have to do more than show up. 

A week to what?

What were they promising?

What was the alternative idea?