Author Topic: why do Libs ok blowing Bin Laden's brains out in bed, but not waterboard him?  (Read 3851 times)

BSB

The waterboarding of KSM never played a role in anything to do with the courier. It didn't play a role in enlarging our knowlege of him, or in identifying him, or jerking him off, or anything else, and no one with any knowlege of the situation, including the head of the CIA, said it did. And frankly speaking Sirs, when you act this way, you're a complete waste of time.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ignorance bliss in your household, B?  Xo?

KATIE COURIC, "CBS EVENING NEWS": One of President Obama's first acts was to outlaw enhanced interrogation techniques. Now, some of these were used on detainees who provided information that led to bin Laden's whereabouts. Given that, do you think that the use of these techniques should, in fact, be reevaluated?

PANETTA: No, I really don't. You know, I think what we had here were a lot of streams of intelligence that came together. And I think it's probably going too far to say it all ties to just one source of information that-- we received. We were looking at a lotta lines of-- information, going back a long way.

COURIC: Having said that, some valuable information did, in fact, come from enhanced interrogation techniques.

PANETTA: Obviously, there was some valuable information that were derived through those kinds of interrogations. But I guess the question that everybody will always debate is whether or not those approaches had to be used in order to get the same information. And that, frankly, is an open question.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Seriously.....it really is becoming quite entertaining watching both BsB & Xo squirm in their insistence of ignoring the facts, B even trying to rewrite recent history.  We're just to take his word for it, no source while he demands one from me.  I give him 2, and they're to be ignored as he again unvaryingly proclaims he knows better than the head of the CIA 

You don't think for a second that if waterboarding wasn't integral in connecting the dots to bin Laden's courier, that the this administration and Obama's personal pick to head the CIA wouldn't be proclaiming that??  It'd be front page news, and "validation" that the Bush policies were an utter failure.  Hell, I'm surprised they didn't just lie to push that.  I mean, who would have snitched? 

Both Brian Williams & Katie Couric were clearly trying to get Panetta to push that angle, with their repetitive asking if such intel did actually come from the acts "enhanced interrogation", which... *gasp*....Panetta told the truth, which included the waterboarding.  He did try to throw a bone to his boss that "...everybody will always debate is whether or not those approaches had to be used in order to get the same information. And that, frankly, is an open question.".  In otherwords, perhaps we could have gotten the intel some other way, but the FACT is they didn't.  The fact is waterboarding DID lead to identifying and confirming the existence of this bin Laden courier
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

And again, not one word from the head of the CIA indicating that the waterboarding of KSM played any roll in getting any information regarding the courier, nothing.
I repeat, KSM tried to steer his interrogators away from the courier.  Further, in the conversation between Ms. Couric and Panetta, Panetta himself admits that whether or not enhanced techniques was the only way to get information from detainees is an open question. 

BSB

Oh, and btw, thank you Sirs for proving my point. You've been very forthcoming in that regard. So, apparently, not even you can hide your own honesty.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
LOL, because Panetta saying that enhanced interrogations that led to bin Laden's courier actually never happened

Yea, you go with that B.  Whatever you say, you obviously know better what happened than the head of the CIA. 

Sirs

and thanks for making my point, with the bone Panetta thru to his boss.  That no one knows if the intel, leading to the courier's existence and identity, could have been gathered by other means, besides that of waterboarding......problem is they weren't.  Keep up that entertaining squirming.     8)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Continue to worship waterboarding.

Defending a tactic is not worshipping a tactic.  Nice lie

They don't seem to be doing it anymore.

That's the President's call, and should be

And President Obama was more successful in eliminating bin Laden than Bush.

Couldn't have done it without the Bush policies that were in place, when he took office

Helping to confirm the courier: how is that different from finding him?

One's about a who, the other's about a where.  You'd think a professor of language would be able to grasp that one.  Apparently not

BSB

Sirs

No rewriting of history, except on your part, no squirming, except on your part, and no quote from Leon Penatta saying that KSM gave up shit regarding the courier. I told you before that I didn't say anything regarding the giving up information on the courier via waterboarding except in the case of KSM.  You're the only one who claimed that he gave up information regarding the courier, and he never did. You said you could prove it, and you never have.  Those are facts and they can all be verified by simply reading this thread. Give it up Pinocchio before you make an even bigger ass of yourself than you already have. 

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Yes, it is....a rewriting of history.  Trying to claim that waterboarding had nothing to do with the courier, when Panetta made it abundantly clear it did, is a rewriting of recent events

But like I said, I'm being entertained, as I'm sure others are, in this squirming with the facts routine of yours

BSB

As I read your posts, Sirs, I'm beginning to understand you.  These aren't posts your putting up at all, they're a series of assaults. Well, of course, this isn't a forum, it's a fight club. I guess I always knew that but suddenly it's so pathetically clear. Probably because I don't need it anymore.

BSB

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
   Serious attempts to raise the tone are seriously appreciated.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
As I read your posts, Sirs, I'm beginning to understand you.  These aren't posts your putting up at all, they're a series of assaults. Well, of course, this isn't a forum, it's a fight club. I guess I always knew that but suddenly it's so pathetically clear. Probably because I don't need it anymore.

BSB

You don't do criticism very well, do you.  At no time have I started to get personal....AT NO TIME.  I reference your effort to remain ignorant of the facts, regarding waterboarding, and low and behold, its some "assault on you". 

News Flash B, you were wrong, and I highlighted exactly how.  Nice to see you have this built in mechanism to try and shield yourself from criticism when you've been shown to be wrong.  In a debate forum, you can expect to be critiqued, especially when you're refusing to keep an objectively open mind. 

YOU, and only you, have a choice of responding with facts, logic, or your SOP of erroneously claiming you've been attacked....which at this point is nothing more than a deflection effort to hide from being shown how you were wrong in the 1st place.  Your choice, though everyone else who reads these posts, can see for themselves which choice your taking

(I'm trying, Plane.  I don't see how placating B's erroneous proclamations is raising the tone however.  Any suggestions?)

BSB

Take a look at post 18 Sirs. Everything you've posted since I posted that has been complete bullshit. Penatta never said a thing about whether the waterboarding of KSM helped the courier case. He never said it because it didn't. That was the debate between you and I, and all this other crap of yours is lying, assaultive, bullshit. 

BSB

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Penatta never said a thing about whether the waterboarding of KSM helped the courier case. He never said it because it didn't.

Yes, Penatta did say that to Brian Williams of NBC news. Just because you're ignorant of it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
He apparently has an SOP to adhere to, RR.  And not the best one to be used in a debate forum.  But I suppose when one doesn't have the facts on their side, they have to use other means

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Well, of course, this isn't a forum, it's a fight club. I guess I always knew that but suddenly it's so pathetically clear. Probably because I don't need it anymore.

Take a hike then, you jackass. You and H are a pair of clowns. Why don't you join the circus together?

Don't trash the forum. This is a great site. Besides Drudge it's one of the top places I go for the latest news. It's usually posted faster on here than many blogs.