Author Topic: That piss poor judgement is spreading  (Read 12608 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: That piss poor judgement is spreading
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2011, 09:22:45 AM »
I suppose that any singer who ever sang anything positive about Jesse James would also be on your list of people the President should never invite to the White House. He shot at least a couple of cops and of courts, denied everything. His brother Frank James also was guilty of banditry, and got off twice anyway.

This is a totally spurious argument.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2011, 11:05:11 AM »
an accomplice is as guilty AS       ::)

Perhaps in the eyes of New Jersey law. But certainly not the truth.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2011, 11:13:01 AM »
Pulled the trigger, didn't pull the trigger, an active participant, not an active participant, it matters little in the final analysis.

The final analysis is convicted for killing a cop.  End of story

So now, a generation later,  a ballader, a story teller, sings of a perceived injustice regarding one of these "revolutionaries" who is related to him via a common ancestral experience. Why the world is full of such ballads, poems, and stories. It has been a part of human culture, art, etc., for thousands of years.

BSB

And not so surprisingly, no one is advocating that this "balladeer" not be allowed to spew their support of this cop killer.  Merely that it shows a pattern of piss poor judgement, by this WH, in rewarding this "balladeer" with an invitational WH pedestal.  Long live the 1st amendment
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2011, 11:35:43 AM »

So the law is a lie.........oooookaaaaaay
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2011, 11:44:07 AM »
Pulled the trigger, didn't pull the trigger, an active participant, not an active participant, it matters little in the final analysis.

The final analysis is convicted for killing a cop.  End of story

So now, a generation later,  a ballader, a story teller, sings of a perceived injustice regarding one of these "revolutionaries" who is related to him via a common ancestral experience. Why the world is full of such ballads, poems, and stories. It has been a part of human culture, art, etc., for thousands of years.

BSB

And not so surprisingly, no one is advocating that this "balladeer" not be allowed to spew their support of this cop killer.  Merely that it shows a pattern of piss poor judgement, by this WH, in rewarding this "balladeer" with an invitational WH pedestal.  Long live the 1st amendment

I'm not convinced that this is a suitable example of bad judgement on the behalf of the Whitehouse.

The whole basis of the complaint, that this balladeer, who told the story of Assate Shakur, should be a personae non gratis in the Whitehouse, seems to a be knee jerk reaction at best, with little regard to the facts of the case.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2011, 11:48:55 AM »

Yeah pretty much. If she didn't pull the trigger, if she couldn't have pulled the trigger, she didn't kill the cop. The fact that New Jersey law allowed her to be charged with a crime she couldn't commit, because of proximity, doesn't speak much to justice or the truth.

BSB

« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2011, 11:55:27 AM »
Considering the New Jersey State Police's reputation for pulling anyone and everyone over who isn't white, particularly on the New Jersey Turnpike, they're lucky a lot more of them haven't been shot than probably have. 

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2011, 12:31:30 PM »

Yeah pretty much.

Ahh, gotcha.  Perhaps she should have been cited for felonious tresspassing.  I mean, being in the wrong place, at the wrong time, but on purpose      ::)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2011, 01:20:32 PM »
Ahh, gotcha.  Perhaps she should have been cited for felonious tresspassing.  I mean, being in the wrong place, at the wrong time, but on purpose   

The facts as presented at trial are as follows:

Trooper Harper pulled the car in which she was riding over for a broken taillight. (wink wink)

She was told to get out of the car which she did with her hands up.

After a scuffle with another defendant who was actually found guilty of shooting the officers, she was shot with her hands up, and wounded, climbed back into the car.

Trooper Harper testified that Assate never shot at him or Trooper Foerster.

Because she was a passenger in that car she was charged under NJ law as being an accomplice to the crime.

What is strange is that Trooper Harper did not report Trooper Foerster as having been shot for almost an hour after he walked into the Trooper station to report the incident. Trooper Foerster was discovered lying dead on the ground by a third Trooper who independently went over to examine the crime scene.

Very strange story. I think BSB may be right. I think this may very well have been a coon hunting expedition gone bad. And i wouldn't be surprised if Harper actually was the one who shot Foerster trying to cover up his own ineptitude in shooting an unarmed woman, in her process of surrendering.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2011, 01:26:03 PM »
The facts are convicted for the murder of a cop.  The facts are an accomplice to murder is just as guilty as the person who pulled the trigger

The rest is mere speculation.  Have at it

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2011, 01:34:58 PM »
The facts are convicted for the murder of a cop.  The facts are an accomplice to murder is just as guilty as the person who pulled the trigger

The rest is mere speculation.  Have at it

Yeah that is why the justice system has appeals.

But i will give credit to you, O'Reilly and Common. Because without this attempt to shame the Obama's over some silliness, i never would have been aware of the what really went down on that dark turnpike road. I certainly wouldn't have dug as deep if i did if you and O'Reilly had stuck so stubbornly to misrepresenting the true facts of the case.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2011, 01:39:17 PM »
Looking forward to the appeals process then, aren't we.  Then we'll know which of us was right.  As it stands, I have the facts on my side, and you have your speculation.   I'm good with that

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2011, 02:00:14 PM »
It sure sounds to me that this incident has the makings for a good song.

And writing and singing such songs should in no way disqualify anyone from being invited to perform at the White House or anywhere else.

There is no "piss poor judgment" and nothing is spreading except right wing blather.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2011, 02:07:24 PM »
You don't have the facts nor the truth on your side. You barely have plausible deniability, what you have is a technical loophole for cover.

O'Reilly said Assate shot the cop. The trial proved she didn't regardless of the technical loopholes of the law that allowed her to be convicted for an action she did not do.

It seems inconsistent (or hypocritical ) for small government conservatives to applaud misapplication of the truth to gain harsher sentences during the commission of a homicide, yet fight tooth and nail against hate crime legislation. She should have been convicted as an accessory to the crime, if that.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2011, 02:14:31 PM »
Ahh, I see, so now a court case with a conviction is neither factual or truthful......wow

But as I said, when we get the result of the appeals process, we'll find out which one of us is right.  And if this was a miscarriage of justice, I'll be ready to apologize

What you apparently are having a hard time with is this Rule of Law conservative supporting the Rule of Law.