General Category > 3DHS

He finds it ironic

(1/2) > >>

Michael Tee:
Quote from a comment posted to patriotboy blogspot,
http://patriotboy.blogspot.com/

<<I find it truly ironic that the same people who claim not to trust some government bureaucrat to choose your doctor, or to manage your old age social insurance, will turn around and trust the government to identify who should be locked away, tortured, and never have the opportunity for a review in the light of day.>>

That's funny, I find that ironic too.

Plane:

--- Quote from: Michael Tee on September 29, 2006, 11:18:53 PM ---Quote from a comment posted to patriotboy blogspot,
http://patriotboy.blogspot.com/

<<I find it truly ironic that the same people who claim not to trust some government bureaucrat to choose your doctor, or to manage your old age social insurance, will turn around and trust the government to identify who should be locked away, tortured, and never have the opportunity for a review in the light of day.>>

That's funny, I find that ironic too.

--- End quote ---

Would you favor a non governmental agency to take prisoners on the battlefeild , arrest suspects and babysit them through the war in prison?

There is precident , Pinkerton used to serve as the US espionage agency and presently Blackwater is often hired as a stop gap where it is hard to find an appropriate government agency.

There might be saveings for the government and increased oppurtunitys for profit if more war were contracted out.

Michael Tee:
<<Would you favor a non governmental agency to take prisoners on the battlefeild , arrest suspects and babysit them through the war in prison?>>

Do you get that a government bureaucrat can now decide that YOU are an enemy combatant and have you snatched off the streets of your hometown for torture until you decide to give up your dark secrets?  The guy's point was that none of you rightwing types trusts the government to diaper a baby but for stuff like this, you are perfectly happy to hand over the hard-fought freedoms that Americans and generations of Englishmen before them fought and died for.

WHY this sudden trust that the government will not abuse THIS power, will not make mistakes here?

BT:
I'm surprised patriotboy is against universal health care.

sirs:
I'm surprised patriotboy is against universal health care

Now, that's ironic      ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version