Author Topic: Debunking myths about Israel  (Read 22023 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Debunking myths about Israel
« Reply #180 on: June 08, 2011, 11:32:14 PM »
But back to the prior point....were there not more than 20 protesters, illegally crossing into Israeli territory?

Yes indeed. There were 325 additional people wounded. Interesting enough, at the Gaza border Israel choose to respond to protestors with rubber bullets and tear gas.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #181 on: June 08, 2011, 11:35:50 PM »
I doubt any Palestinian shepherd would be attempting such a tactic, as a means of breaking the peace.  FAR MORE likely in that of a simple Hamas rocket attack, if knowing that the repercussions, per BT's plan, would bring about the end of Israel, via a U.S. nuclear attack

My guess is the Palestinian and Israelis would disarm anyone not affiliated with the armed forces. No random rockets fired by rabble rousers allowed.

I doubt a mooning would constitute a violation.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #182 on: June 08, 2011, 11:42:58 PM »
I doubt any Palestinian shepherd would be attempting such a tactic, as a means of breaking the peace.  FAR MORE likely in that of a simple Hamas rocket attack, if knowing that the repercussions, per BT's plan, would bring about the end of Israel, via a U.S. nuclear attack

My guess is the Palestinian and Israelis would disarm anyone not affiliated with the armed forces. No random rockets fired by rabble rousers allowed.

But as you've already referenced, Hamas will find a way.  They're that committed, especially given the majority of Palestinians that support their efforts.  ......   *poof*, no more Israel

But back to the prior point....were there not more than 20 protesters, illegally crossing into Israeli territory?

Yes indeed. There were 325 additional people wounded.

Ahhh...wounded you say?  You mean the Israelis are THAT BAD at killing??  Wow  Or...Or....that was never the intention perhaps
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: June 08, 2011, 11:56:32 PM »
But as you've already referenced, Hamas will find a way.  They're that committed, especially given the majority of Palestinians that support their efforts.  ......   *poof*, no more Israel

What i said in essence was that requiring Hamas to acknowledge Israels right to exist as a prerequisite for the peace talks was a delaying tactic on the Israelis part and basically a meaningless demand.

And if peace did break out with a satisfactory two state solution for all parties involved my guess is the Palestinians and Israeli's would treat very harshly any dissidents who would not allow the peace to stand. I doubt the US and Russians would ever have to deliver on the final solution. But a credible threat would be very important in motivating a lasting and mutually profitable settlement of the hostilities.

Ahhh...wounded you say?  You mean the Israelis are THAT BAD at killing??  Wow  Or...Or....that was never the intention perhaps

The decision to use live rounds at one border and not the other reveals all the intent necessary.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: June 09, 2011, 12:34:15 AM »
The fact only 20 died, while far more were wounded indeed presents what the real intent was
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: June 09, 2011, 12:50:45 AM »
The fact only 20 died, while far more were wounded indeed presents what the real intent was

Certainly the choice of live rounds had nothing to do with the fatalities.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: June 09, 2011, 01:11:40 AM »
Given the amount wounded vs those that were killed, definately.  Also sent a really good message.......don't do it again

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: June 09, 2011, 01:18:28 AM »
Given the amount wounded vs those that were killed, definately.  Also sent a really good message.......don't do it again

Yeah zero fatalities in Gaza vs 20 in the Golan. Rubber vs metal. Hmmm

restraint vs slaughter.

decisions decisions.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: June 09, 2011, 01:28:06 AM »
20 vs hundreds.  Yep