Author Topic: Debunking myths about Israel  (Read 22102 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Debunking myths about Israel
« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2011, 12:38:50 PM »
So when the protestors crossed the border at the Golan Heights how many rockets did they fire?

So, even though you asked, and I CLEARLY stated that's not what I was saying, you're going to keep claiming I said it anyways

Boy, you are a piece of work

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2011, 12:57:25 PM »
So when the protestors crossed the border at the Golan Heights how many rockets did they fire?

So, even though you asked, and I CLEARLY stated that's not what I was saying, you're going to keep claiming I said it anyways

LOL.....riiiiiiiight.  Because Bull Conner was having thousands of rockets lobbed in from Georgia, while the state of Tennessee had adopted a state resolution for the destruction of Alabama.  Not to mention Georgia, and the rest of the Southeast claimed that the eastern half of Alabama belongs to the Jaffaians.  Yea, pretty much   

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2011, 01:17:48 PM »
There is ample egg on sirs face.

The Palestinians strolling in from Syria were not armed with rockets.

BT wins this round.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2011, 02:00:10 PM »

LOL.....riiiiiiiight.  Because Bull Conner was having thousands of rockets lobbed in from Georgia, while the state of Tennessee had adopted a state resolution for the destruction of Alabama.  Not to mention Georgia, and the rest of the Southeast claimed that the eastern half of Alabama belongs to the Jaffaians.  Yea, pretty much    

and.......................?  It's you and Xo that keep trying to compare Israel to racists, as if what Israel is doing is what Bull Conner was doing.  Can we assume that soon we should start seeing the Jews are Nazis references??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2011, 02:20:38 PM »

Never claimed they were.  Merely that they were attempting to ILLEGALLY cross into another country's territory.  They knew the risk, and chose to put themselves at risk.  It's called personal responsibility

Not to mention they have the truth on their side, that neither you nor Bt have yet to refute

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2011, 02:33:37 PM »

and.......................?  It's you and Xo that keep trying to compare Israel to racists, as if what Israel is doing is what Bull Conner was doing.  Can we assume that soon we should start seeing the Jews are Nazis references??

Actually what i was showing were examples of over-reaction that turned the tide of public opinion. It had nothing to do with race, (how does Tienanmen Square concern race? or Kent State? ) that was your and CU's inference. I could have just as easily shown footage from the 68 DNC riots.

The simple truth is this. Israel opened fire on unarmed protestors and killed 20 of them. That does nothing to strengthen their hand at any court of public opinion.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2011, 03:10:09 PM »
What you did was compare apples to oranges, using racism, using communism (with China), as comparable as what Israel was doing.  The only thing left really is a reference to Nazis, because of course, they overeacted when they were exterminating Israelis & Jews.  Then the circle would be complete, right?

We've already referenced that what Israel did was perhaps a use of more force than what they could have, despite it being justified.  However, the circumstances Israel finds itself in, is hardly what Conner was in, and the truth remains that Israel fired on folks illegally crossing into their territory.  The protesters weren't tricked into crossing, nor was this some sudden jumping up of hidden machine gun turrets.

Again, the truth is on Israel's side, no matter the efforts to try and push them into some conciliatory corner, or your efforts to claim something I never said 

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2011, 03:56:19 PM »
The truth is i gave well known examples of over-reacting that changed the direction of public opinion.

The truth is, as you have already conceded, is that Israel over-reacted to the protests at the Golan Heights border.

You know it, I know it, and the whole world watching knows it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2011, 04:00:48 PM »
Israel murdered 20 people who posed no real threat to their country.

sirs loses, and sirs will not admit it.

This is par for the course.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2011, 04:10:49 PM »
The truth is i gave well known examples of over-reacting that changed the direction of public opinion.

And Israel's circumstances are anything but, compared to Conner or China. 

No, I do NOT believe they "over-reacted", merely that they could have used lesser means.  However the means they did use, was justifyable force, GIVEN THE CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCES that is Israel, thus they did NOT over-react, merely that they could have used lesser means

It's a truth thing, not a perception thing.  And as Xo keeps demonstrating, its an ignorant thing for some

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2011, 04:15:00 PM »
See sirs lose.

Lose, lose, lose.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2011, 04:21:56 PM »
BT wins this round.

BT doesnt win shit...he rarely does....he dodges more than anything else.
BT in fact loses by making "apples to oranges" comparisions.
It's typical of his bullshit over the last year or so.
Where he plays the devil's advocate to the extreme
in an attempt to hold this place together
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2011, 04:24:35 PM »
No, I do NOT believe they "over-reacted", merely that they could have used lesser means. 

If they had used lesser means then perhaps they wouldn't be accused of over-reacting.

20 unarmed dead is a bit much, especially if they had lesser means at their disposal to control the situation.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2011, 04:37:03 PM »
No, I do NOT believe they "over-reacted", merely that they could have used lesser means.  

If they had used lesser means then perhaps they wouldn't be accused of over-reacting.

Oh, I'm sure the Anti-Israeli zealots would have their rhetoric turned up on high, no matter what was used.  At least this way, future protesters, who wish to illegally cross into another country's territory, will think twice

20 unarmed dead is a bit much, especially if they had lesser means at their disposal to control the situation.

That is a matter of perception, context, and ultimately about the truth, which again has been provided, and has yet to be refuted, much less even acknowledged by the likes of those that want to keep portraying Israel in the worst PR light possible

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2011, 04:43:06 PM »
BT wins this round.

BT doesnt win shit...he rarely does....he dodges more than anything else.
BT in fact loses by making "apples to oranges" comparisions.
It's typical of his bullshit over the last year or so.
Where he plays the devil's advocate to the extreme
in an attempt to hold this place together

::)