Author Topic: C'mon guys, let's be fair! Rep Weiner COULDN'T wear pants in those photos.  (Read 2733 times)

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cuz apparently they were on FIRE . . .  :D
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
I never saw the photos nor do I want to.

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Oh me neither.  Now if Sarah Palin gets caught up in such a scandal (heaven forbid) I would feel that, in order for me to make an objective analysis . . .
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
The above individual is Ted Batchelor, who holds the world record for “Longest Full-Body Burn Without Supplied Oxygen.” and thinks that being aflame is a flimsy excuse for appearing unpantsed.http://bensbiz.mlblogs.com/2010/08/page/2/

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Oh me neither.  Now if Sarah Palin gets caught up in such a scandal (heaven forbid) I would feel that, in order for me to make an objective analysis . . .

Don't worry Palin is smarter than that.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
The above individual is Ted Batchelor, who holds the world record for “Longest Full-Body Burn Without Supplied Oxygen.” and thinks that being aflame is a flimsy excuse for appearing unpantsed.http://bensbiz.mlblogs.com/2010/08/page/2/

I can't imagine that lighting yourself on fire would be at all fun. Scary, hot, uncomfortable and confining are some words that come to mind.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
The probable motive is to achieve fame by breaking some stupid record.

It is improbable that he did this for fun.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
The probable motive is to achieve fame by breaking some stupid record.

It is improbable that he did this for fun.

your mind works in strange ways. how did you get the impression that he did it for fun?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
The idea that he might have thought it fun was suggested by Kramer, not me.

There are masochists who enjoy pain, after all.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
http://www.tedbatchelor.com/bio.cfm
Ted Batchelor is claiming national fame by following his dream of being a stunt man.

Ted Batchelor graduated from Chagrin Falls High School in 1977. However, long before he graduated he began living his dream of being a stunt man. Throughout high school he pulled various pranks and stunts in sports as well as in school. He first jumped off the falls when he was ten years old. He continuously amazed his friends with stunts.

Ted first claimed fame as a junior in high school. It began as a bet in class during school. It caught on with a small group of about 20 students. As much as $400 was bet that he would not do it. Then on May 20, 1976 it happened. The first “fire-jump” was performed. Ted Batchelor lit himself on fire and dove from the falls under the Popcorn Shop. He was on fire for about 12 seconds before plunging into the water far below. He successfully jumped from the falls on fire for ten consecutive years. However, it was outlawed and he was sent to jail a few times for the stunt.

Immediately after graduation high school he went to Los Angeles in order to pursue a job as a stunt man. He lit himself on fire at stunt legend Paul Stader's Malibu home. "Paul Stader was the nicest man I ever met in the industry," says Batchelor. He starred in a few commercials and ads. Then he moved back to Chagrin Falls and went to college at Bowling Green State University. He majored in film production so he could still be involved with stunts. At BGSU he was on fire an estimated 20 times. Eventually the authorities at BGSU outlawed the fire stunts. He also jumped through glass windows as a stunt while in college.

[][][][][][][][][][]

On September 19, 2009 Ted and sixteen others broke the Guinness Worlds Record for "Most people on fire at the same time" with 17!! The previous record was 12 by the the Spanish. They were all on fire for 43.9 seconds!

Sounds like fun, what are we going to do if we ever get together?