Author Topic: Jim DeMint is absolutely correct  (Read 21255 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Jim DeMint is absolutely correct
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2011, 02:46:43 PM »
Speaking of dodging efforts, did CU ever clarify who was the heroin addict and who was the heroin dealer in his little analogy?

The analogy I've always referenced is DC is the addict, and spending is the addiction that feeds the need for power

So are you saying power is the drug, and spending is just one way of feeding it. Cutting spending and deciding who gets to receive what is left is also an exercise in power.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2011, 03:01:55 PM »
Spending is the addiction.  That's what I and many others have been saying, all along.  And its DC doing the spending.  Power is the ultimate goal
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2011, 03:12:50 PM »
Spending is the addiction.  That's what I and many others have been saying, all along.  And its DC doing the spending.  Power is the ultimate goal

Then i disagree with the analogy. because if power is the addiction, it can be fed by things other than spending.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2011, 04:01:14 PM »
thier not spending money anymore, it`s credit now . much worst.

people don`t understand the difference.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2011, 04:19:05 PM »
While it is true that cash and credit are not the same, it is also true that lots of businesses are run entirely on borrowed money. Airlines rent the planes and the terminal sites, buy the fuel on credit, and of course, only pay employees AFTER the end of the pay period.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2011, 04:29:48 PM »
thier not spending money anymore, it`s credit now . much worst.

people don`t understand the difference.

so they are addicted to charge cards -- that's even worse.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2011, 05:18:39 PM »

Then i disagree with the analogy. because if power is the addiction, it can be fed by things other than spending.

Then its you who are wrong in your assessement of the analogy (you being on record as already claiming it to be ridiculous to begin with), since its spending that's the addiction. 

Power is merely the goal, but spending, as is currently the case, is the addiction.  Both in what's spent to impart more oppresive regulations, as well as what's spent in trying to procure more votes, to maintain power, in order to impart more regulations and procure more votes......rinse, repeat
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2011, 05:27:15 PM »

but power does = money because the money you have the more power you get so it hard to get one without the other and it also takes money to buy firepower in order to keep the minions under control. The debate is silly but the point about the addiction is worthy.

Then its you who are wrong in your assessement of the analogy (you being on record as already claiming it to be ridiculous to begin with), since its spending that's the addiction. 

Power is merely the goal, but spending, as is currently the case, is the addiction.  Both in what's spent to impart more oppresive regulations, as well as what's spent in trying to procure more votes, to maintain power, in order to impart more regulations and procure more votes......rinse, repeat

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2011, 05:56:45 PM »
i still stand by my assessment that the analogy is ridiculous, both in  the fact that it has no real definition, and that it misses the mark completely.

If power is the addiction, and feeding that addiction is the goal, then spending is just one of many drugs that would fit the bill.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2011, 05:58:18 PM »
That's because your assessment is ridiculous...the analogy is dead on

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2011, 05:58:36 PM »
BTW i just heard Michelle Bachman would consider picking Jim DeMint as her running mate.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2011, 05:59:43 PM »

That's just your opinion. You don't own the analogy. You don't get to define it.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2011, 06:00:53 PM »
BTW i just heard Michelle Bachman would consider picking Jim DeMint as her running mate.

she has an open mind. Refreshing!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2011, 06:11:38 PM »

That's just your opinion. You don't own the analogy. You don't get to define it.

It's pretty much identical to mine, which I do get to define.  Your assessment remains just as ridiculous

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2011, 06:13:34 PM »

It's pretty much identical to mine, which I do get to define.  Your assessment remains just as ridiculous

Was I commenting on your analogy?