Author Topic: Jim DeMint is absolutely correct  (Read 21260 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Jim DeMint is absolutely correct
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2011, 09:35:03 PM »
4) Spending money is the patriotic thing to do.

Late in 2006 when worries of a recession were taking hold the advice we received from the President of the United States was “to go shopping”. Today, even as we still recover from the Great Recession our government leaders encourage us to spend in order to allow the creation of more jobs. The nation hovers around the consumer confidence index in hopes we are always spending more.

this particularly needs to be address

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2011, 09:37:34 PM »
I filled up the Pup Truck today.

God what a rush!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2011, 09:40:03 PM »
It's an addiction to some.....DC in particular, Liberal Democrats especially

lol

like there were no defits and or national debt under GOP congresses and Executive branches.

The problem with addiction is that it can not be abated by those still in denial.

Must have missed the part where I clearly said "IN PARTICULAR" & "ESPECIALLY", and no where did I claim "exclusively".  Then again, when the goal is to misrepresent  sirs, in any way possible, this sure fits the bill
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2011, 09:49:02 PM »

lol

like there were no defits and or national debt under GOP congresses and Executive branches.

The problem with addiction is that it can not be abated by those still in denial.

Must have missed the part where I clearly said "IN PARTICULAR" & "ESPECIALLY", and no where did I claim "exclusively".  Then again, when the goal is to misrepresent  sirs, in any way possible, this sure fits the bill

I'd work on that victim hood thing if I were you. Fact remains that deficit spending is a bipartisan affair.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2011, 10:03:33 PM »
Never said it wasn't.....thus your ongoing misrepresentation.  If I were you, I'd find a new hobby
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2011, 10:10:27 PM »
And my misrepresentation was ...?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2011, 10:32:03 PM »

lol

I'd work on that victim hood thing if I were you. Fact remains that deficit spending is a bipartisan affair.

Who voted for ObamaCare, Stimulus in 09, and no budget in 2011, the Democrats. And who wants to stop extending the budget? The Republicans!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2011, 10:35:06 PM »

Your little joke that I'm claiming that spending addictions in DC, were the mutually exclusive realm of liberal democrats

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2011, 10:54:31 PM »

Your little joke that I'm claiming that spending addictions in DC, were the mutually exclusive realm of liberal democrats

Could you provide a direct quote where i explicitly said that? Not a quote where you infer that was my meaning, but an exact quote?

Thanks so much in advance.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2011, 11:00:29 PM »
Then what the hell were you laughing at and inferring, if that wasn't what was being inferred??

Inquiring minds, and all

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2011, 11:01:31 PM »
Then what the hell were you laughing at and inferring, if that wasn't what was being inferred??

Inquiring minds, and all

No quote?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2011, 11:16:26 PM »
No answer?  You pleading the 5th now?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2011, 11:17:48 PM »
No direct quote?

Hmmm.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2011, 11:28:08 PM »
Not really a smart move Bt.  I called you on a misrepresentation, and you're gonna hide behind a "direct quote"?  The meaning of your guffaw was quite clear.  You have yet to clarify that joke, if your meaning was something other that what it clearly infers

You ready to fix that?  I know its your hobby now, but the apparent repetition is leaving subsequent efforts, sorely lacking

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2011, 11:34:44 PM »
Not really a smart move Bt.  I called you on a misrepresentation, and you're gonna hide behind a "direct quote"?  The meaning of your guffaw was quite clear.  You have yet to clarify that joke, if your meaning was something other that what it clearly infers

You ready to fix that?  I know its your hobby now, but the apparent repetition is leaving subsequent efforts, sorely lacking

You made a direct charge that i lied about your position. You didn't ask for clarification before you called me a liar, you just called me a liar.
The least you can do is show a direct quote as to where i lied.
Otherwise it would probably be in the best interest of your reputation to walk back that charge and admit you might have read things into what i actually did say.

Or you know, back up the charge with a direct quote.