Author Topic: This reaction means Christie did good!  (Read 1457 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: This reaction means Christie did good!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 09:20:05 PM »
The issue will be whether voters think Obama has a better plan than the unknown Republican candidate. If all the GOP offers is some cockamamie crap like Ryan's budget, then Obama will have a very good chance of winning.

So you think VOTERS will vote him in again based on a workable plan that he should have implemented 4 years earlier? I don't think so. In the day of instant gratification Obama shot his wad 1 year ago and America is moving on in 2012 with anybody but Obama. In 2012 I will embrace Hope & Change with Gusto! You are foolish to think Obama will be reelected.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 10:48:59 PM »
YOU are foolish to think that he won't.
The whole thing depends on the condition of the economy, which the President has no real control over.

Quoting editorials in the WSJ is silly. They have been against him from Day One, just like you.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 12:29:27 AM »
The whole thing depends on the condition of the economy, which the President has no real control over.

Quoting editorials in the WSJ is silly. They have been against him from Day One, just like you.

what planet are you living on? The economy is years away from recovery.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 08:11:40 AM »

The government is normally a large drain on the economy, President Obama is makeing policy that will and "is" makeing the government a larger drain on the economys strength and ability to provide employment.

I agree that even the most excellent president imaginable couldn't do enough to make the economy do well, but it is entirely within the power of a bad president to drain the strength of the economy.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 12:14:33 PM »
It may be possible, but that is not what is happening now.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 04:12:14 PM »
  Do you believe that higher taxes might improve the ability of the economy to produce employment?

How is less money in the hands of individuals and businesses supposed to cause more hireing?

I don't see how that works.

I think it would be great if our economy were to grow in double digit percent, then the newjobs and the raises and the inflation would work positively on government revenue , but even more importantly the bigger economy would make the same debt a smaller percent of the GDP.

Why should the government cost 20% of everything?  A large company that cost 20% of profits for management cost would not be considered well run.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011, 04:36:17 PM »
I think it would be great if our economy were to grow in double digit percent, then the newjobs and the raises and the inflation would work positively on government revenue , but even more importantly the bigger economy would make the same debt a smaller percent of the GDP.
========================================================
It would be great, but it would also be quite unlikely. I don't think the economy has grown at that rate in the past 30 years.

The US economy is quite unlikely to grow at over 10%. No industrialized developed country does this for long, if ever.

No one is proposing tax increases. They are proposing closing some loopholes, which are different from tax hikes.