Author Topic: Obama/ Cuomo 2012 ?  (Read 1527 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Obama/ Cuomo 2012 ?
« on: July 04, 2011, 02:29:39 PM »
Obama to ask Cuomo to be 2012 running mate: sources

By FREDRIC U. DICKER

Last Updated: 1:00 PM, July 4, 2011

Posted: 1:20 AM, July 4, 2011

A Prominent Republican is joining a prominent Democrat in predicting that Gov. Cuomo will become President Obama's running mate for vice president next year.

Former New York GOP boss William Powers, credited with playing a key role in electing Rudy Giuliani mayor and George Pataki governor, was effusive in his praise of Cuomo's successes in the just-ended legislative session, and in his prediction of the freshman governor's political future.

"Andrew had a fabulous session. It was fabulous. A property-tax cap, ethics reform and, for Democrats, gay marriage," said Powers.

"I don't think there's any doubt Obama is going to pick him as his running mate. The president is in trouble and [Vice President Joseph] Biden doesn't bring anything to his ticket.

"The president will call him up later this year and say, 'Andrew, you have to do this for the good of the country.' What's Andrew going to say, 'No?' "

Cuomo, who saw a flurry of predictions last week in the wake of the gay-marriage victory that he'll run for president in 2016, has repeatedly refused to discuss the possibility of higher office.

He wouldn't comment either on Powers' prediction, but a source familiar with his thinking half-jokingly said this when asked what action Cuomo would take if Obama called to offer him the nation's No. 2 position: "He won't answer."

Former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown earlier this year also predicted that Obama would pick Cuomo to replace Biden, who he claimed would be named by the president to replace Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.

"He's a big name, a big-state governor, and a Democrat who is taking on the issue of public-employee salaries and pensions. Plus, he looks good," Brown said of Cuomo.

Cuomo wouldn't have to resign as governor to run for vice president, although many voters would likely react negatively since he could be leaving office just two years into his four-year term.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/that_the_ticket_5XPTo4YnZCqdLnKm3JXKBK#ixzz1R9scA0fC

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama/ Cuomo 2012 ?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 02:51:32 PM »
I guess that's why they call them vice presidents. Who cares? I think Cuomo would have a better chance of winning in 2012 minus Obama. The fact is that the ticket will still have Obama on it, who in reality, is worse than even Biden. I doubt that Cuomo would be so silly to want to join a sinking ship.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 03:44:14 PM »
The ship is sinking only in your strange mind.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 03:53:36 PM »

What is going on with the Obama administration that you , or any of us , should be satisfied with?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 04:09:55 PM »

The fact that you can't see it proves you are delusional.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 08:00:30 PM »
I think that McCain would have been far more disastrous. As would any of the bunch of prospective GOP candidates. Huntsman is the only one that seems to be competent.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 09:28:29 PM »
they know they gotta dump Foot-N-Mouth Biden
this time Biden brings NOTHING to the ticket
last time they needed Biden becuzz Obozo was so inexperienced.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 05:23:10 AM »
Obama is in big trouble if he doesn't even have New York locked down.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 12:01:07 PM »
Obama is in big trouble if he doesn't even have New York locked down.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 01:06:52 PM »
Cuomo would be more beneficial to the ticket than Biden, since NY is a large state and Delaware is a tiny one.

I don't think that Biden was chosen to carry Delaware, anyway. Biden has been useful in getting some support in the Senate. Hillary would probably be a better choice than Cuomo, but I do not think that Obama is considering replacing Biden.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 01:41:34 PM »
Cuomo would be more beneficial to the ticket than Biden, since NY is a large state and Delaware is a tiny one.

I don't think that Biden was chosen to carry Delaware, anyway. Biden has been useful in getting some support in the Senate. Hillary would probably be a better choice than Cuomo, but I do not think that Obama is considering replacing Biden.

You know those people that go on CNN and bloviate about this and that yet at the end of the day we all realize that that they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground? You remind me of those useless bloviating bobble-headed assholes. Clearly you don't know shit and that becomes even more apparent as you make lame excuses & silly predictions for Obama. Obama is toast, the polls show it, the massive defeat last November showed it, and a lousy economy that won't improve before 2012 shows it. He's a bad leader, he's a racist, he's average intelligence, and he's deeply flawed, and people aren't fooled anymore, and he doesn't have Bush to blame because he's the only one to blame for the shit condition this country is in.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 04:19:40 PM »
You tend to remind me of  what Limbaugh would have been like following a failed prefrontal lobotomy..

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 06:16:58 PM »
You tend to remind me of  what Limbaugh would have been like following a failed prefrontal lobotomy..

You tend to remind me of what Nancy Pelosi would have been like following a botched gender reassignment surgery.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 03:40:14 PM »

Delaware would go Democrat with any Democrat running. I doubt that is in play. Biden is a horrific idiot, by the way, who says whatever stupid thing pops into his head. Jobs is a three letter word, Biden said.

The fact that Obama needs to shore up New York, which should be reliably Democrat, tells me he is in big trouble. I doubt Cuomo would give up his promising career to be saddled with a sure lose like Obama. And he probably already told Obama privately, "hell no." Obama has lost a large chunk of Jewish support, going from 78% down to 52%, which is huge. Maybe New York is in play.

Romney puts Pennsylvania, Michigan, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and probably a lot of the northeast in play, and probably will win one of the big ones and thus the presidency.

Rick Perry would carry all of the states that Bush won, and thus the presidency.

Any of the current top Republicans will defeat Obama, because he is a terrible president. He is one of the worst in the history of this country.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 04:35:42 PM »
The Republicans are unlikely to beat Obama in Florida. Rick Scott is the least popular governor in recorded memory.
Many people who voted for Juniorbush twice also voted for Obama. "Goodhair" Perry has nothing going for him below the hairline.

I deem Biden to be far smarter than any of you righties.