Author Topic: torchwood tonight  (Read 2617 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
torchwood tonight
« on: July 08, 2011, 07:43:31 PM »
it`s a mixed american production,lets hope it`s still good

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: torchwood tonight
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 07:59:56 PM »
for those not familiar- jack is not gay or bi,he`s anything good loking so hide your poodles.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 08:40:29 PM »
never heard of it. should I watch it? what's so cool about it?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 08:48:41 PM »
maybe
it`s a british scifi tv show which the primary charcters pretty much are bi,but the main character will do anything thats good looking. and thats only a minor subplot. so it up to you to see if you can handle such subject. I want to play a american version of it which jack is neither gay,straght,bi,but is the forth catagory.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 08:52:21 PM »
maybe
it`s a british scifi tv show which the primary charcters pretty much are bi,but the main character will do anything thats good looking. and thats only a minor subplot. so it up to you to see if you can handle such subject. I want to play a american version of it which jack is neither gay,straght,bi,but is the forth catagory.

what is the point of it?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 09:05:17 PM »
something fun to watch from overseas, I`m a big fan of british sci-fi. the writing is very different from americans. abit more rough around the edge.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 12:02:52 AM »
As a rule, the point of a TC=V show is to be entertaining. Sci-fi sometimes tries to be thought provoking as well.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 12:11:08 AM »
As a rule, the point of a TC=V show is to be entertaining. Sci-fi sometimes tries to be thought provoking as well.

then why do so many try to be PC?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 01:10:31 AM »
I would imagine because no show wants to offend potential customers of its advertisers.

The only villains that are entirely acceptable are Nazis. You might get away with a nasty remark about the government of Belarus or Turkmenistan. And you can clearly say nasty things about Al Qaeda.

Romulans and The Empire are acceptable villains in Sci-Fi. In deep space,no one knows who the real villains are, of course.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 01:30:26 AM »
I would imagine because no show wants to offend potential customers of its advertisers.

It seems to me that liberals like you hate FoxNews and often act offended with their commentary. As a matter of fact, Glenn Beck had a show on Fox, and if I'm not mistaken liberals were so offended that they worked real hard to have his sponsors pull out.

His only 'crime' was talking about much of Obama and his administrations words and actions, his plans, his Czars, and that basically ticked off liberals and the administration. I recall Glenn often asked the administration to come on the show to defend or clarify things they were doing and saying but they never ever responded. 

Bill O'Reily bothers conservatives & liberals but it seems like liberals hate him with a passion.

http://stopbeck.com/2010/02/20/3-more-sponsors-pull-ads-from-glenn-beck-weight-watchers-george-foreman-cooking-sylvan-learning/

So once again your pompous assumptions have little basis in fact.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 01:37:16 AM »
took a quick look of the 1st season on netflix,it still holds up. gwen is so young looking.

just like star trek .

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 05:03:43 AM »

This explains the success of Fox news,

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 12:58:38 PM »

This explains the success of Fox news,

can you hear the silence?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 01:00:54 PM »
Fox news is clearly more entertainment than news. Murdock is more interested in making money than in propaganda, though he also likes to stroke his fellow imbeciles.

I did not boycott Beck's sponsors, I don't even know who they were, so you can't blame me for that.
Beck is and was a shill for the ultra right, and he rarely spoke anything but unadulterated crap. Fox cancelled him because he was not pulling in the bucks. He's made enough by now to just retire. No one need to hear his crap.

O'Reilly is just stupid, a more mentally challenged version of Pat Buchanon. I don't hate him, I just ignore him. Pat Buchanon I see for 30 minutes on O'Laughlin,and that is all I need. he has not had an original thought for 20 years.

And what I said is true: entertainment shows are PC because they do not wish to offend a potential audience.

Fox News specializes in attracting ignorami and malcontents, so they put abrasive screamers on to attract them. It is entertainment, but of a different sort,as it editorializes. There are few editorial opinions on most drama and comedy series.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 01:11:21 PM »
Fox news is clearly more entertainment than news. Murdock is more interested in making money than in propaganda, though he also likes to stroke his fellow imbeciles.

I did not boycott Beck's sponsors, I don't even know who they were, so you can't blame me for that.
Beck is and was a shill for the ultra right, and he rarely spoke anything but unadulterated crap. Fox cancelled him because he was not pulling in the bucks. He's made enough by now to just retire. No one need to hear his crap.

O'Reilly is just stupid, a more mentally challenged version of Pat Buchanon. I don't hate him, I just ignore him. Pat Buchanon I see for 30 minutes on O'Laughlin,and that is all I need. he has not had an original thought for 20 years.

And what I said is true: entertainment shows are PC because they do not wish to offend a potential audience.

Fox News specializes in attracting ignorami and malcontents, so they put abrasive screamers on to attract them. It is entertainment, but of a different sort,as it editorializes. There are few editorial opinions on most drama and comedy series.

XO - What a back-peddling moron!
If all that is correct then why do your fellow liberals hate Fox, including the Administration?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 01:18:47 PM by Kramer »