Author Topic: micropower  (Read 2090 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: micropower
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 12:45:23 AM »
This, of course, makes perfect sense.
Unwanted heat is both counterproductive and wasteful.

But I note that Limbaugh is against alternative lightbulbs, because wasting electricity on incandescent bulbs is somehow a very, very important freedom.

I believe the freedom is in the choice. Not to mention GE is in bed with Obama, and GE stands to make billions from these sorts of shady deals. So I think Limbaugh might be against corruption and certainly phony scams & schemes the line the pockets of hypocritical liberals.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 01:17:59 AM »
It hardly makes sense to legislatively make small wattage products scarce while at the same time investing in transportation devices that will need to be plugged in occasionally and require the grid to produce more wattage and as an offshoot more pollution.

I use incandescent where it makes sense, i use cfls where they make sense and i will use LED's when price performance come into range. But i certainly don't see the need for national level politicians taking it upon themselves to make those decisions for me, just so they can feel good about themselves.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 12:00:26 PM »
Electric cars are more efficient in much of the country.

Incandescent bulbs are less efficient, everywhere.

That is the difference.

Let them make a more efficient incandescent bulb if they can.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2011, 02:52:56 PM »
Electric cars are more efficient in much of the country.

Incandescent bulbs are less efficient, everywhere.

That is the difference.

Let them make a more efficient incandescent bulb if they can.

I have no problem with manufacturers developing more efficient incandescents, just as i have no problem with automakers developing more efficient means of transportation.

I do have a problem with the government picking and choosing winners.
That should remain the jurisdiction of the marketplace.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2011, 08:43:06 PM »
No one is having any difficulty finding incandescent bulbs. A year ago, Congress passed a law requiring that only bulbs that provided a certain ratio of lumens per watt be permitted to be sold. Stores will be able sell off all their remaining inventory of non compliant bulbs. Many, perhaps most, Republicans voted for it. but recently Rush has been on some wild-ass crusade against the law, as though wasteful light bulbs were some sort of perpetual inalienable right.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2011, 10:52:08 PM »
No one is having any difficulty finding incandescent bulbs. A year ago, Congress passed a law requiring that only bulbs that provided a certain ratio of lumens per watt be permitted to be sold. Stores will be able sell off all their remaining inventory of non compliant bulbs. Many, perhaps most, Republicans voted for it. but recently Rush has been on some wild-ass crusade against the law, as though wasteful light bulbs were some sort of perpetual inalienable right.

Can't find them at Wal-Mart Winn Dixie or Publix. Haven't gone to Big Lots or the Dollar Store. But they shouldn't be that hard to find.

It's a stupid law no matter who is for or against it.