Author Topic: Norway  (Read 9334 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Norway
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2011, 05:39:39 AM »
Countries that have lots of guns, have a lot of such gun deaths...

Have you looked at Switzerland? As I understand it, most the adult males there are considered members of the military reserve, and keep weapons at home. How much violent crime do you hear about there?
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2011, 11:27:09 AM »
let me quess.....it was a Muslim?

Yes quite!

I remember this same sort of speculation way back to the Oklahoma city bombing at the Murrow Building.

There is no office of propaganda assigned to make us think this way, what is causing this bias?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2011, 01:10:36 PM »

Swiss men are mostly all officially trained members of the Army, unless they are exempted , and few are. The weapons they keep at home are under severe restrictions as to every aspect of where they are kept and how they must not be loaded.

The Swiss are not Americans, they are intensely law-abiding and orderly people.They are not Norwegians, either.

John McPhee wrote about the Swiss Army in great detail inLa Place de la Concorde Suisse, an excellent book in English with a French title. That pretty much tells us why Swiss are very unlikely to go ape and go ballistic on one another.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2011, 04:16:13 PM »
"There is no office of propaganda assigned to make us think this way, what is causing this bias?"

Reality!
Reality causes this "bias".
Thats like asking....why you make sure your doors are locked in the ghetto more than in Beverly Hills.
Sure a violent crime "could" happen either place.....but we know where it is more likely.
Reality sends signal to brain....rightfully so....that there is a higher level of danger present.

The fact is Muslims in the last couple of months killed more innocent people
in the name of their religion than this half-wit in Norway.
Ok, this time it appears to not be a Muslim, but that
in no way means "the score is even".....Muslims
are in headlines all over the world every single day
murderering and butchering innocent civilians like no
other religion in the world today. Yes this guy was
an evil sick bastard in Norway, but these kinds of bombings
and attacks against innocent civilians happen extremely
rarely from non-Muslims in the name of whatever religion
but sadly they happen very often from Muslims. Huge difference!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 04:23:22 PM by Christians4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2011, 04:37:20 PM »

Swiss men are mostly all officially trained members of the Army, unless they are exempted , and few are. The weapons they keep at home are under severe restrictions as to every aspect of where they are kept and how they must not be loaded.

The Swiss are not Americans, they are intensely law-abiding and orderly people.They are not Norwegians, either.

John McPhee wrote about the Swiss Army in great detail inLa Place de la Concorde Suisse, an excellent book in English with a French title. That pretty much tells us why Swiss are very unlikely to go ape and go ballistic on one another.

you make up phony shit for everything. What kind of bullshit are you going to make up about Israel. I bet every Israeli family has a few guns or so.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2011, 05:00:13 PM »
Most Israeli families are not armed, but I understand that most of those in the WB are.

Read McPhee's book on Switzerland. I did not write it, nor did I make it up.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2011, 11:19:24 PM »
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2011-07-24-norway-explosion_n.htm

To Anders Behring Breivik, the Norway explosion and shootings that killed at least 93 people were a "marketing method" for his manifesto, which not only lays out his extreme nationalist philosophy but reveals his attack methods and encourages like-thinkers to do their own mass killing.

"He wanted a change in society and, from his perspective, he needed to force through a revolution," Lippestad told public broadcaster NRK. "He wished to attack society and the structure of society."

Lippestad said his client wrote the 1,500-page manifesto alone — though a reading shows that parts were lifted from the writings of U.S. mail bomber Ted Kaczynski. It's part anti-immigrant rant, part diary and part prediction of a judgment day.

So he is mostly like the unibomber, killing just to get hos wordy mannefesto published.

Disgusting.

He may never realise how bad he makes his cause appear, nor that his crime is an order of magnitude worse than any problem he wanted to call attention to.

How much does "marketing" figure into other terrorism? Is this the cheapest way to become famous?

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2011, 10:11:03 AM »
Americans doing thier own work without immigrants?

Interesting,has their been any research at how viable it would be? All I
 Hear is speculation. It's easy to say it would work but that also means nothing. How about real data like labor cost effecting economy and other such data?

Let's put it this way - the last time America imported cheap labor, we wound up with a civil war.

The "cheap labor" schtick seems to have a way of never ending well......
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2011, 11:28:22 AM »
Let's put it this way - the last time America imported cheap labor, we wound up with a civil war.

=====================================================================]
Not really, after the Civil War the US imported millions from Europe, and nearly all were cheap labor.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2011, 11:30:17 AM »
How much does "marketing" figure into other terrorism? Is this the cheapest way to become famous?

==========================================================
Killing people en masse is probably the cheapest way to become infamous. But not to become rich and famous

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2011, 06:16:21 PM »

So? You said, and I quote "Countries that have lots of guns, have a lot of such gun deaths." Are you trying to retroactively modify that statement now?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011, 06:25:49 PM »
AMAZING!

"Even if the Norwegian court throws the book at the gunman and convicts him of the most extreme charges, the maximum prison sentence allowed by Norwegian law is 21 years, legal experts point out.  After murdering 76 innocent people in cold blood at the age of 32, therefore, Anders Breivik would be a free man at 53".
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011, 06:27:03 PM »
No, but the guns Swiss have in their homes are understood to be used only in defense of the country.
Reports of children shooting one another with said guns are few. And Switzerland is unlike other nations with regard to guns.
There are 200 nations on this planet. There are some exceptions to all genera;l statements, and this is one of them.

Japan has few guns and few gun deaths.The US has many many guns and many many gun deaths.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2011, 11:47:51 PM »
Her's a shocker for you then, X: the vast majority of Americans who own guns own them lawfully, and use them purely for recreational purposes, or for the defense of themselves, their family or others, just as the Swiss do. It is the much smaller minority that use guns to commit crime that you hear abot and base your calls for banning them on. You want to ban them, come and get them. I'm just saying, I've owned them lawfully and used them lawfully all my life, and I'm not giving them up to you or anyone else, especially with all these criminal murdering bastards out there with unlawful guns you say I might need to defend myself against.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2011, 12:21:17 AM »
I did not say that I was in favor of banning guns in the US. It would have been a good idea fifty years ago, before there were so many guns around. Now, it would cause more problems to seize guns than it would solve.

It would be great if more Americans were more like the Swiss.  I do not see this happening. There are still far too many domestic gun incidents and domestic gun accidents as well as crimes involving guns.

I donlt think anyone can disagree with that.