Author Topic: Ntanyahu's New Year's Message  (Read 1772 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ntanyahu's New Year's Message
« on: January 13, 2007, 12:49:12 AM »
from Pat Buchanan, but I didn't trust Pat Buchanan so I verified the quotes from the UPI at http://www.upi.com/InternationalIntelligence/view.php?StoryID=20070102-125318-7565r

<<Said Netanyahu, Israel "must immediately launch an intense, international public relations front first and foremost on the U.S. The goal being to encourage President Bush to live up to specific pledges he would not allow Iran to arm itself with nuclear weapons. We must make clear to the (U.S.) government, the Congress and the American public that a nuclear Iran is a threat to the U.S. and the entire world, not only Israel."

<<Israel's war, says Bibi, must be sold as America's war.

<<We are thus forewarned. A propaganda campaign, using Israeli agents and their neocon auxiliaries and sympathizers, who stampeded us into war in Iraq, is being prepared to stampede us into war on Iran.

<<We are to be convinced that Iran, with no air force or navy to speak of, an economy not 2 percent of ours, which has not started a single war since the revolution, 27 years ago, is about to give to terrorists, to use on us, a nuclear bomb it may be 10 years away from even being able to build.

<<Will Congress be duped again into giving Bush a blank check for war? . . . >>

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Ntanyahu's New Year's Message
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 01:21:31 AM »
from Pat Buchanan, but I didn't trust Pat Buchanan so I verified the quotes from the UPI...<<Said Netanyahu, Israel "must immediately launch an intense, international public relations front first and foremost on the U.S. The goal being to encourage President Bush to live up to specific pledges he would not allow Iran to arm itself with nuclear weapons. We must make clear to the (U.S.) government, the Congress and the American public that a nuclear Iran is a threat to the U.S. and the entire world, not only Israel."

Kinda reminds me of the new House Majority Leader said, that Iran with nuclear weapons is unacceptable.  He also said that the view is shared by his party, rejecting assertions that the Democrats would be weaker than the Republicans on Iran.  He also said that the use of force against Teheran remained an option.

So, what are you trying to say, Tee?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 08:05:52 AM »
If you read through the link I posted, sirs, towards the end, after reporting on the Netanyahu speech, it says this:

<<And if Bush doesn't take on Iran, prominent Israelis are speculating that president Clinton 2 (Hillary) will do so. Oded Tira, the chairman of Israel's Association of Industrial Manufacturers, and former chief artillery office in the IDF, said, "Bush lacks the political power to attack Iran. As an American air strike in Iran is essential for our existence, we must help pave the way by lobbying the Democratic Party, which is conducting itself foolishly, and U.S. newspaper editors."

<<Writing in Ynet News (online Yedioth Ahronoth), [This is a major Israeli newspaper] Tira said, "We need to turn the Iranian issue to a bipartisan one and unrelated to the Iraq failure. Hillary Clinton and other potential presidential candidates in the Democratic Party (must) publicly support immediate action by Bush again[st] Iran." >>

What I'm saying is that the formidable PR efforts of the Israeli state and the Zionist lobby have been turned on the Democrats to keep them up to speed with the Republicans in Israel's "bomb Iran" drive.  Hillary & Co. are funded by Zionists and they are not going to be allowed to deviate from what these big-money folks (wrongly in my opinion) perceive to be Israel's best interests.

If you want my personal view on things, I don't believe the Iranian public is anti-Israel, only the current leadership.  Under the Shah, Iran was one of Israel's regional friends.  There's a big, well-educated middle class which actually admires many aspects of Israeli life and is hostile to Arabs in general. I actually know quite a few Iranians who have visited Israel and done business there and have nothing but good things to say about them.   The effort should be concentrated on strengthening the secular, modernizing elements in Iran, who should be in a position to assume power when the current lunatics self-destruct.  The "threat" at present is mainly rhetorical but bombing and killing Iranians is a guaranteed way to turn all 73 million of them into anti-Israel fanatics with powerful forces at their disposal.  A set-back for the U.S.A. but a potential disaster for Israel.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Netanyahu's New Year's Message
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 01:44:18 PM »
Netanyahu is a prick. Iran is not a threat to the US, and if Israel shapes up and stops its disgusting colonial ventures in the West Bank, it will not be a threat to Israel, either.

Ahmedinejad is a prick whose popularity and waning. If Israel cons the US into hostile actions, it will bolster his status.

There is no reason for the US to attack Iran. If it can't handle a war with 22 million Iraqis, it sure as hell can't deal with 77 million Iranians.

If we could get Ahmeidinejad and Netanyahu to settle the dispute with a nice jello-wrestling event, it would be better for all concerned.

The disgusting thing is that Netanyahu can rally all this revolting propaganda without it ever becoming a major news story.

The press in the US are whores to AIPAC.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 01:46:40 PM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 02:04:32 PM »
This is a nicer method of swaying American public opinion than the Iranian method of killing Americn soldiers.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 04:12:22 PM »
<<This is a nicer method of swaying American public opinion than the Iranian method of killing Americn soldiers.>>

Not really, because it's what gets those soldiers killed in the first place.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 05:05:38 PM »
I know of no case where any Iranians ever killed even one American soldier.

The Iranians are Shiites. They would have no reason to arm the Sunnis, who are the ones that are most opposed to the Maliki government.  You make no sense, Plane.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."