Author Topic: Control Freaks Strike Again! This time clothes washing machines  (Read 2019 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
i don't know whats gonna happen in this country
the govt (liberals) wants to manage every freaking facet of our lives

i recently moved and wanted a new washer/dryer set
so i go to The Great Indoors which is an upscale Sears home furnishing store
i buy a new washer/dryer
this week i try my new washer for the first time
NOT GOOD....you gotta be kidding me

it's a "water conservation" model like almost every model on any sales floor in American today
you cant set the water level....a leftist decided whats the best water level for my socks
i cant set or decide what the water level should be for my own freaking dirty socks anymore
the control freaks think they know better and decide for me so water isn't "wasted"
you also cant open the top once you start...
i have always liked to look in...see the water....see the suds.
NOPE cant do that anymore either...no taking a quick peek anymore...
unless you want to stop the entire process and basically start over

so I get on the phone and call several places
do you still carry any non water conservation washing machines?
"uh no sir...we sold our last one months ago...all the new ones have to be this way"
I say "says who?"..."uh sir that would be the new govt mandated washing machines".

so then i get on the internet
find a few "last years models" stuff on e-bay...a few on CraigsList
but hell the shipping...who buys a washing machine on e-bay?...most are "local pickup only"

so finally I run across a great company in Chicago....ABT
http://www.abt.com/
one of their sales staff tells me
"yeah we still have a few available but not for long...out of 20 models...i think we have 4 models"
major cy of relief....the the control freaks wont be able to control how I wash my freaking underwear!

next on the way home from work I stop back by The Great Indoors
tell them I want to return the washer and dryer....don't care if there is a re-stocking fee
the very nice, very knowledgeable thirty-something salesmen said "shouldn't be a problem"
he then asked "why are you returning them?"...when I tell him he said he hears that a lot
but since they are now mandated....not much anyone can do...
i told him about ABT still selling a GE and Whirlpool "non-control freak" model
at first he said "I dont think any like that are still available...lemme check"
but since I had the exact model numbers from ABT
he looked it up...made a call or two....boom...."yes sir I can still get that for you"
"we can trade those out for you next Sat"
so after all that trouble....i can now again choose the the amount of water I WANT, not what Pelosi wants

the point isn't that they shouldn't offer water conservation washers
sure...fine...offer them...
if somebody wants one...is happy with one.....I say great for you.
their choice....their life....alls good
but why cant control freaks allow me the same?
why do they want to force their choices on others?
becuzz they are sick-phucks!
i don't wanna force my washer choice on others
leave me the hell alone!
don't force companies by mandate to not produce what I want

what are we gonna do?
they wanna control our washing machines
they wanna control our toilets
they wanna control our light bulbs
they wanna control our shower-heads
they wanna control our cars/vehicles
they wanna control our A/C thermostats
they wanna control our food choices
they wanna control our healthcare
it's insane...
Dr. Michael Savage is right
this "need to control people"...is a freakin mental disorder!

« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:27:23 PM by Christians4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Control Freaks Strike Again! This time clothes washing machines
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 11:25:21 PM »
Poor Christians, he is unaware that it is quite easy to buy a good used washing machine. All you need to do is to check out Craigslist or the Yellow Pages.

I imagine that the new ones work pretty well, if you follow the usual advice to RTFM.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 11:34:38 PM »
Poor Christians, he is unaware that it is quite easy to buy a good used washing machine.
All you need to do is to check out Craigslist or the Yellow Pages.

Missing The Point Again Alert!
First if you read my post I stated I looked on e-bay and Craigslist.
Secondly why should I be forced to buy a "used washer"?
Who in the hell has the right to take my choice away to have a NEW washing machine?
Control Freaks should leave people alone.....I dont need their know-it-all crap.

I imagine that the new ones work pretty well, if you follow the usual advice to RTFM.

Again.....missing the point.
Rationalizing taking away people's freedom of choices on a washing machine.
If some want the new type....leave it up to the consumer.
Dont mandate "my way or the highway" if you ever want another new washing machine.
Thats bullshit.
Is this America we live in?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 11:02:47 AM »
I suppose that this is the America we live in.

I have never bought a new washing machine.

I question that the new washers do not work adequately. I suggest that you should RTFM.

Those who know it all generally RTFM, which is part of the learning process.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 03:16:46 PM »
screw that
i've got a new non-control freak washer/dryer set on the way as of last night
i figure this new set should last at least ten years.....so i'm set for now  :D

http://www.abt.com/product/53267/Whirlpool-WTW4850XQ.html#tab2

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 03:42:47 PM »
screw that
i've got a new non-control freak washer/dryer set on the way as of last night
i figure this new set should last at least ten years.....so i'm set for now  :D

http://www.abt.com/product/53267/Whirlpool-WTW4850XQ.html#tab2

WE bought a new set last year, Whirlpool. The reviews were great so we got them. We really like them very much. I was surprised but they work great and save water too.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 04:33:54 PM »
So the government did not, in effect, prevent you from buying the washer you wanted. Liberals are not to blame for there not being washers you fancied in the showrooms. Blame the vendors, not liberals. Or you could even blame yourself for not doing market research in advance.

Obviously, it is legal to both sell and buy the washer you bought.

Before you replace your toilets, I suggest you investigate those that use air pressure and used ones, as you probably will not like the half gallon flush models.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 07:57:20 PM »
"So the government did not, in effect, prevent you from buying the washer you wanted.
Liberals are not to blame for there not being washers you fancied in the showrooms.
Obviously, it is legal to both sell and buy the washer you bought"

XO do you just not read well?
The washer/dryer set I bought are closeout type items.
They will not be available new in stores much longer.
Just like in the next few years...current type light bulbs will still be on the shelf
until the stock runs out...then we'll be forced to buy only the control freak lightbulbs.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 08:04:56 PM »
The Idiocy of Government Mandated
"High Efficiency" Washing Machines   

Meet Brian Duff, he use to work at Procter & Gamble (makers of Tide) before landing his pull-peddling t
axpayer-financed job as Chief Engineer (avg. $185k annually) at the Office of BIOMASS for the U.S. Department of Energy.

MANDEVILLE, LOUISIANA - Mike examines the sheer lunacy of the federal government mandating high-efficiency washing machines which as a result use so little water they leave clothes dirty and smelling of mildew which forms inside of the washing drums. So it goes, the Washington-Two-Step, where phony regulatory agencies set up for the appearance of protecting the environment, forests, parks, air, et al are really nothing more than mafia-like fronts for the multi-national corporations to send former employees so as to pass regulations which benefit them and lock out competition. Whether it is the FDA staffed with acolytes from Monsanto or the SEC filled with pull-peddling bottom-feeders from Goldman Sachs, it is just one big club as George Carlin use to say; and you're not in it.

Begin Mike Church Show Transcript

Mike: There was an advertisement from the Tide laundry detergent company. Now, is that Palmolive? Who makes Tide? Is that Procter & Gamble? It?s one of the big three. It?s either Palmolive, Procter & Gamble, or Johnson & Johnson. I don?t know who makes it. Anyway, it doesn?t matter. Remember the discussion that we had, remember when we played Rand Paul?s audio about how the appliances don?t work, and he was chewing out that woman...

Mike: Procter & Gamble makes Tide, thank you. And he was chewing that woman out who was ? and Rand was saying, I?m offended. This is appalling that you think that you can come into my house and regulate my toilet and my shower, and my appliances don?t work anymore. And remember, we did a whole, just accidentally stumbled onto this subject. And for two or three days there we had calls and people calling and complaining and telling their stories about how these new modern appliances just don?t work. And I told a story about, here, not only do they not work, they stink. Literally, they stink.

If you are now forced to buy one of these godforsaken, inefficient, washing machines, these front-loading HE, ?Oh, but it?s high efficiency. Yeah, man, it?s like it?s high efficiency, man. It?s like you capitalist pigs, man, it?s like you don?t know anything about, like, you know, water conservation and stuff, man.? Well, let me tell you something, whale-humper. Speaking of whale humping, by the way, before I finish this, don?t let me forget to talk about that stupid killer whale, Tilikum, who?s back on the prowl for human meat. Anyways, so the whale humpers are out there excoriating us for the last 20 years about water conservation, as if we?re running out of water. Oh, water, we?ve got to conserve ? why do we have to conserve water? There?s no shortage of water. What are you nut jobs talking about?

So in their infinite infernal wisdom our federal masters at the Department of Energy created these godawful standards for these godawful inefficient piece of you know what, well, I?m just saying, they are pieces of [bleep]. They don?t work, these washing machines, dishwashers, microwaves, none of them work the way the old ones used to. And these high-efficiency front-loading machines, oh ho ho ho brother, they are the worst. They don?t wash clothes because they don?t use any water. You can sit there, I?ve told this story before, and you can?t see any water in the damn thing, and your clothes come out looking exactly as they did before. There?s a nice douse of perfume on them. You get a little fragrance on them. They come out kind of wet. But they?re not clean.

So Mrs. Church is howling, get in here, you?ve got to see this commercial. You know what it?s a commercial for? One of the pitfalls of these godawful, inefficient, pathetic excuses for an appliance, these front-loading washing machines, they mildew. They mildew horrifically. You people that own them, myself included, you know this. Do you have a front-loading, AG?

AG: Yeah, my apartment complex has the whole new set of them.

Mike: Okay, so you go down, like, to the laundromat place with the HEs. Okay, you?re in a little different situation. They may have somebody going through there and maintaining them, or they may be in use so often that they don?t get a chance to mildew. If you have one in your home, and unless you?re going to have Hazel the maid there, who?s non ? Hazel the maid, good grief, that?s a voice out of the past ? who is nonstop washing clothes, then you wouldn?t have a constant flow of water through there, so you?re creating the instance in which the HE front-loading washing machine can mildew.

And folks, you know, if you own one of these, you probably have dealt with this, you have to take the whole apparatus apart where you put the detergent and everything in, you have to take the damn thing out, just literally you?ve got to force it out, however you?ve got to get it out, you have to take the tray out. And when you get to the back of it, you?ll see it?s just covered in black on the inside of the bowl, the bowl, the steel bowl on the inside of the damn thing. If you could see underneath the grate, you would find unbelievable amounts of mildew. These things are not designed properly. They don?t work. They don?t clean clothes. And they stink.

So in order to conserve water, we?re told we have to have these things because we?re running out of water. Well, guess what, now Tide is out there making, guess what Tide?s newest product is? I know it took me 10 minutes to tell this story, but it?s worth it. Tide?s newest product is a mildew cleanser that requires two wash cycles to clean the damn mildew out. So we conserve all this water, oh, the whales are happy, the dolphins are just a-humpin? and a-happy out there, they?ve got all this fresh water. My washing machine smells of mildew, but the dolphins are happy. Well, the dolphins aren?t going to be so happy today because you?ve got to run this thing, not once, but twice. And they recommend you do it at least once a month. So for the little bit of water that you?re conserving, even though we?re not running out of water, in the HE washing machine you now, in order to keep the damn thing clean and to keep mildew smell out of your clothes, now you have to run the mildew cleaner.

I have a question for you people out there. Do you think that General Electric or LG, whoever in the hell it is that designed these things in cahoots with the department, with the criminal class at the Department of Energy, these thieves, these unconstitutional busybody little thieves who steal our livelihoods, they steal our money with their regulations and their rules, they steal our liberties, they compel us to buy things we would otherwise not buy, they take choices away from us, do you think for one moment that someone didn?t say, in the development team, when they were putting these things together, hey, these things are going to stink. They?re going to be prone to mildew.

And do you think that some nitwit at GE or whatever didn?t tell his buddy at Procter & Gamble [chuckling], this is just too good to be true. We compel, we force everybody to buy these new machines, they don?t work as well, so they have to use twice the scarecrow smart grid energy, then they have to use twice the amount of washing detergent, and then we can charge more because it?s this HE crap. You?ll also notice that the HE stuff is far more expensive than the old fuddy-duddy powder stuff, which worked just fine because it had phosphates in it. And now, a couple years after the bowls are all mildewed up and stinking, then we can sell them this mildew cleaner. It?s quite a racket they have going on here, and it just angers me. It pisses me off because none of this is necessary. How many of you people ever had mildew problems in the old top-loading, 30-gallon-per-cycle washing machine? People out there going, ?Oh, Mike, not me.?

[Clip] Zero point zero.

Mike: It?s just another one of these unintended consequences, but I would argue which was actually an intended consequence. But don?t worry because our federal government has got our back. They are controlling all of these things. Our wonderful federal masters are meeting right now, and they are poring through the budget, line by line, in one of the biggest disgraceful moments in the history, and this is saying a lot, in the history of the House of Representin?. There?s going to be a major budget compromise announcement today. Why, they?re going to march up to the podium together holding hands, singing ?Kumbaya? and the Coke song. And Dumbocrats are going to say, well, these Tea Party nut jobs finally caved in and gave in to our wishes here. We finally have a budget that cuts an astounding, an astounding $61 billion out of the proposed increase for this year. They?re not even covering the increase. They?re not even cutting all the increase from last year?s budget.

I mean, this is the ? I don?t know what to say about this other than the Constitution, again, is dead. It has no effect whatsoever. It?s dead. Bury it. Get the funeral pyres out and get over it. Today what we have is a 535-member crime family meeting, reminiscent of the old movies where you had gangsters like Al Capone meeting around a big giant round table. They get to decide, they get to carve up all of our wealth. They get to decide, they get to carve up all of our children?s wealth. And it really doesn?t matter what you say about it, it really doesn?t matter what you think about it, and it really doesn?t matter whether or not you went and voted for someone. Because, again, voting doth not matter. ?Now, Mike, Mike, Mike, come on, the Constitution has to have some effect.?

I want you to listen to something here. There?s a couple of things, digital media files here today. By the by, if you?re keeping score, let me just sidebar here for a minute before I get to the keeping score part. Why are so many people just unaware, not caring, don?t seem to think it?s a big deal that we are now engaged in, not one, not two, but three military conflicts known as wars, simultaneously? Three wars. Can anyone name the empire that has been able to wage multiple wars at one time for decades on end and is still here to tell the story about it? Can anybody name just one? Name just one. Here, I?ll make the task easier. Name one that is still in existence today. Because, ?Well, Mike, I don?t know a lot about world history.? Okay, well, just pick a country today. See if you can find one that is waging three wars. Now, they have to be wars abroad. You have to have sent troops hither and yon. I mean, I am absolutely blown away by this.

The more I think about it, the more I learn about it, the more repulsed I get, and the more resolved or the more crystallized in my mind it becomes that there really is no hope here, folks. We are out of hope. We have nothing to hope for. We have nothing to aspire for, for this current menagerie that we call these United States of America. It?s over. It?s over. We?re going to finish our little epoch in history broke. We?re going to finish our little epoch in history having invaded more countries, having been the single largest invader and occupier of other people?s sovereign countries in the history of the known universe. We?re going to finish our little epoch as having taken the greatest bastion and repository of natural resources and squandered them in the history of Earth. We?re going to go down in history as having had the greatest potential for freedom, human freedom and liberty in the history of the planet, and having wasted it. We?re going to go down in history as having lived under one of the, if not the best organized political system ever in the history of Earth, and having figured out a myriad of ways to screw it up, and then having lost it.

End Mike Church Show Transcript

http://www.mikechurch.com/Public-Transcripts/the-idiocy-of-government-mandated-high-efficiency-washing-machines.html

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 09:19:29 PM »

It is diffrent if I volenteer to buy one just because I want this feature.

and I might

I used to use a washing machine that was steam powered and had at least a half million horsepower , it used one ocean of water to wash a small load.

When I was a sailor I would take badly stained pants, string them on a rope, and trail them in the wake, no stain could survive that for long .

Washing machine that uses just a cup of water

By Martin Hickman, Consumer Affairs Correspondent

Tuesday, 10 June 2008

A washing machine that cleans clothes by pounding them with plastic chips could save billions of litres of water a year, its inventors claim.

The Xeros uses less than 2 per cent of the water – and energy – of a conventional model and leaves clothes almost dry, doing away with the need for a tumble drier.

The machine uses thousands of reusable plastic chips to remove and absorb dirt. Tests have shown the machine can shift virtually all types of everyday stains, according to a team at Leeds University.

Professor Stephen Burkinshaw, who invented the machine – which uses one cup of water each cycle – said: "The performance of the Xeros process in cleaning clothes has been quite astonishing.

"We've shown that it can remove all sorts of everyday stains including coffee and lipstick while using a tiny fraction of the water used by conventional machines."

About 20kg of the chips are added, along with a cup of water and detergent. The chips can be used up to 100 times, the equivalent of six months' washing.

Xeros Ltd, the company developing and marketing the machine, believes it could be on the UK market as early as 2009 and expects it to be used in the washing and dry-cleaning industries.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/washing-machine-that-uses-just-a-cup-of-water-843548.html

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/home/wash-and-dry-with-steam.htm

Steam is a tried and true sanitizer. And unlike some abrasive cleaners, steam is both penetrating and gentle at the same time. It effectively sanitizes because it can reach high temperatures (above the boiling point of water) in pressurized atmospheres. And, by effectively rehydrating and breaking the bonds of muck and dirt, it's highly effective at spot-cleaning and deodorizing without all that rough treatment. And irons, of course, use steam to work the wrinkles out of fabrics when dryers don't cut it.

Steam is such an appropriate fabric cleaning tool that, in a way, it's surprising washing machines and dryers haven't used it before. Realizing the benefits of steam cleaning technology, several appliance brands, such as Maytag, LG, Kenmore, Whirlpool and Samsung, are beginning to offer steam washers and steam dryers (and even two-in-one units). And, as an added bonus, most of these models are energy and water efficient.

It stands to reason that steam, as the gaseous state of water, will moisten things. So it may seem odd that it could also dry things. As it turns out, the term "steam dryer" is somewhat of a misnomer for these particular appliances. Indeed, throwing already dry items into these steam dryers will make them wetter during the process before drying them again. Though it seems illogical for a dryer to apply more moisture to clothes, it's actually useful, reducing wrinkles and eliminating odors.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 10:01:54 PM »
It is diffrent if I volenteer to buy one just because I want this feature.

I agree Plane....yes it is 100% different.
You want one?...Hey I say thats great...for you...Plane.
I have zero problem with people being able to buy whatever kind of washing machine they want.
I have a big problem with the gvt slowly via mandates trying to force choices out of the market place...
Like they are doing with washing machines, cars, light bulbs, toilets, ect.....

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 12:56:02 AM »
The fact is that you could have bought the sort of machine you wanted with no government interference at all. You didn't do your homework. That is hardly the government's fault.

The compressed air toilet I bought six years ago flushes better with a half gallon of water than the older one-gallon one I had. It is silly to assume that all innovation is inferior. Usually the reverse is true.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 11:32:54 AM »
The fact is that you could have bought the sort of machine you wanted with no government
interference at all. You didn't do your homework. That is hardly the government's fault.
And again you keep missing the point...
Of course I just bought a a new old style washing machine
the point is....I wont be able to much longer
because control freaks are mandating them out of existence

The compressed air toilet I bought six years ago flushes better with a half gallon of water than the older
one-gallon one I had. It is silly to assume that all innovation is inferior. Usually the reverse is true.
Who is assuming "all innovation is inferior" ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
quit making stuff up in an attempt to bolster your already weak arguments
i love cutting edge technology and probably own more of it that you do
i love my caller ID TV display...
I love my SUV in-dash map screen that shows my i-pod tunes & controls
do you even own an ipod or an iphone?
but because the ipod was invented i dont think the gvt should outlaw new record players!
let the freaking consumer decide! not some gvt board having lunch with interests groups

And if what you say is true...implying that...."oh water restricted washing machines work the same or better"
then why are the mandates needed?
if they are so much better...then let the consumer decide without gvt mandates

How Washington Ruined Your Washing Machine
The top-loading washer

March 17, 2011

By SAM KAZMAN

It might not have been the most stylish, but for decades the top-loading laundry machine was the most affordable and dependable. Now it's ruined?and Americans have politics to thank.

In 1996, top-loaders were pretty much the only type of washer around, and they were uniformly high quality. When Consumer Reports tested 18 models, 13 were "excellent" and five were "very good." By 2007, though, not one was excellent and seven out of 21 were "fair" or "poor." This month came the death knell: Consumer Reports simply dismissed all conventional top-loaders as "often mediocre or worse."

How's that for progress?

The culprit is the federal government's obsession with energy efficiency. Efficiency standards for washing machines aren't as well-known as those for light bulbs, which will effectively prohibit 100-watt incandescent bulbs next year. Nor are they the butt of jokes as low-flow toilets are. But in their quiet destruction of a highly affordable, perfectly satisfactory appliance, washer standards demonstrate the harmfulness of the ever-growing body of efficiency mandates.

The federal government first issued energy standards for washers in the early 1990s. When the Department of Energy ratcheted them up a decade later, it was the beginning of the end for top-loaders. Their costlier and harder-to-use rivals?front-loading washing machines?were poised to dominate.

Front-loaders meet federal standards more easily than top-loaders. Because they don't fully immerse their laundry loads, they use less hot water and therefore less energy. But, as Americans are increasingly learning, front-loaders are expensive, often have mold problems, and don't let you toss in a wayward sock after they've started.

When the Department of Energy began raising the standard, it promised that "consumers will have the same range of clothes washers as they have today," and cleaning ability wouldn't be changed. That's not how it turned out.

In 2007, after the more stringent rules had kicked in, Consumer Reports noted that some top-loaders were leaving its test swatches "nearly as dirty as they were before washing." "For the first time in years," CR said, "we can't call any washer a Best Buy." Contrast that with the magazine's 1996 report that, "given warm enough water and a good detergent, any washing machine will get clothes clean." Those were the good old days.

In 2007, only one conventional top-loader was rated "very good." Front-loaders did better, as did a new type of high-efficiency top-loader that lacks a central agitator. But even though these newer types of washers cost about twice as much as conventional top-loaders, overall they didn't clean as well as the 1996 models.

The situation got so bad that the Competitive Enterprise Institute started a YouTube protest campaign, "Send Your Underwear to the Undersecretary." With the click of a mouse, you could email your choice of virtual bloomers, boxers or Underoos to the Department of Energy. Several hundred Americans did so, but it wasn't enough to stop Congress from mandating even stronger standards a few months later.

Now Congress is at it once again. On March 10, the Senate Energy Committee held hearings on a bill to make efficiency standards even more stringent. The bill claims to implement "national consensus appliance agreements," but those in this consensus are the usual suspects: politicians pushing feel-good generalities, bureaucrats seeking expanded powers, environmentalists with little regard for American pocketbooks, and industries that stand to profit from a de facto ban on low-priced appliances. And there are green tax goodies for manufacturing high-efficiency models?the kind that already give so many tax credits to Whirlpool, for example, that the company will avoid paying taxes on its $619 million profit in 2010.

Amazingly, the consensus also includes so-called consumer groups such as the Consumer Federation of America and Consumers Union. At last week's hearing, the federation touted a survey supposedly showing overwhelming public support for higher efficiency standards. But not a single question in that survey suggested that these standards might compromise performance. Consumers Union, meanwhile, which publishes Consumer Reports, claims that new washers can't be compared to old ones?but that's belied by the very language in its articles.

We know that politics can be dirty. Who'd have guessed how literal a truth this is?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704662604576202212717670514.html

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 12:22:32 PM by Christians4LessGvt »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 03:56:44 PM »
I don't see how two washing machines could not be compared. I agree that the front-loading machines are vastly overpriced compared with the top loaders, and I fail to see why there is any advantage to a front-loading arrangement. Consumers Reports, in my experience, writes very useful evaluations. Most industries hate their guts, however, probably because of their impartiality and honesty. I would certainly take CU far more seriously than the Murdock-owned WSJ, but I have not read any washing machine reviews in CR lately. The amount of water saved by a washing machine is negligible, in my opinion.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 09:19:55 PM »
OK XO....

btw....how come you have never bought a new washing machine?