Author Topic: OK, let's list his "accomplishments"  (Read 12831 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: OK, let's list his "accomplishments"
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2011, 09:26:31 AM »
Not to belabor the point, but the Party pushed Nixon to resign, because of an apparent felony his administration got caught in.  You wouldn't be suggesting Obama's administration has performed such a criminal act, are you?  I realize the Solyndra scandal is the height of crony capitalism, and a perfect window of what this Administration is all about, both in wreckless fiscal responsibility and piss poor judgement, but I don't think it reaches the level of an impeachable offense, that sent the party in to have Nixon resign

I don't think GunWalker stops at Holder. But that will be one possible reason. I envision more of a LBJ style decision. Where he will focus on jobs, jobs jobs for the remainder of his term.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2011, 10:15:14 AM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2011, 12:19:14 PM »
Needless to say he is the worst president in history, black or white. Now he wants to raise taxes by $1.5 trillion. He's a complete and total losers. Oh and the rest of his Jobs Plan Stimulus will be released soon after his next vacation.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 02:07:14 PM »
"We will support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and success of liberty." has to be the dumbest thing any president has ever said with a straight face.

What did JFK do to support liberty in China? Brazil? the USSR? NOTHING!

And this country, with 6% of the world's population could NEVER do this. Nor should any president say that it is their intent. That is how we got mixed up in Vietnam, and we saw how well THAT turned out.
The US can take advantage of particular opportunities, such as in Libya and Egypt, from time to time, to support local movements for self-determination and reform. "Opposing any foe" is not what JFK did, nor is it what he should have done.

JFK was highly overrated. He had good speechwriters, and that's about it.

There was only ONE thing positive I can recall: he wasn't Nixon.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2011, 02:18:27 PM »
"We will support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and success of liberty." has to be the dumbest thing any president has ever said with a straight face.

What did JFK do to support liberty in China? Brazil? the USSR? NOTHING!

And this country, with 6% of the world's population could NEVER do this. Nor should any president say that it is their intent. That is how we got mixed up in Vietnam, and we saw how well THAT turned out.
The US can take advantage of particular opportunities, such as in Libya and Egypt, from time to time, to support local movements for self-determination and reform. "Opposing any foe" is not what JFK did, nor is it what he should have done.

JFK was highly overrated. He had good speechwriters, and that's about it.

There was only ONE thing positive I can recall: he wasn't Nixon.

Obama is no JFK, he's not even a Jimmy Carter.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2011, 02:48:05 PM »
Not to belabor the point, but the Party pushed Nixon to resign, because of an apparent felony his administration got caught in.  You wouldn't be suggesting Obama's administration has performed such a criminal act, are you?  I realize the Solyndra scandal is the height of crony capitalism, and a perfect window of what this Administration is all about, both in wreckless fiscal responsibility and piss poor judgement, but I don't think it reaches the level of an impeachable offense, that sent the party in to have Nixon resign

I don't think GunWalker stops at Holder. But that will be one possible reason. I envision more of a LBJ style decision. Where he will focus on jobs, jobs jobs for the remainder of his term

I think in the manner of "GunWalker", it does stop at Holder.  Yes, there'll be hearings, yes, this will make Obama's administration, and Holder's Justice Dept, look that much worse....and all this criticism is "obviously" racially motivated, while the MSM circles the AttackDog.com wagons

And as noted, his current focus, with the renewed classwarfare  baton, is on saving his job, job, job, for the remainder of his term.  You can't strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.  Tax more of x, you get less of x 

(and for the Xo's of the world, no, that does not equate to abolishing all tax.  It references a NOT RAISING THEM.  IF anything, LESSEN/REDUCE (NOT ABOLISH) taxes.  Knowing how Xo likes to pull that strawman of a card, thought I'd nip it in the bud)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2011, 02:57:06 PM »
I don't think GunWalker stops at Holder. But that will be one possible reason. I envision more of a LBJ style decision. Where he will focus on jobs, jobs jobs for the remainder of his term.

Clearly killing jobs has been his main focus since getting in office so yes I agree that he will continue to focus on jobs for the remainder of his one term in office.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2011, 01:02:16 AM »
1 Obama accomplishment that I am pretty pleased with is him pushing Jews to the Republican Party. Good job Barry!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2011, 01:16:09 AM »
*snicker*....again, not something I'd expect is going to be in a DNC commercial, as an accomplishment    8)     
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2011, 04:58:36 PM »
I was not referring to Obama at all.
 I was commenting that the statement by JFK, presented in the silly cartoon as a wonderful thing, was a truly dumb thing to say, and should never have been said. When I heard him say it in 1961, I recall that I lost respect for JFK as a wise leader.

After then came Vietnam, and I lost a lot more respect for LBJ and Nixon and all the clowns surrounding them.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2011, 05:18:00 PM »
I was not referring to Obama at all.
 I was commenting that the statement by JFK, presented in the silly cartoon as a wonderful thing, was a truly dumb thing to say, and should never have been said. When I heard him say it in 1961, I recall that I lost respect for JFK as a wise leader.

After then came Vietnam, and I lost a lot more respect for LBJ and Nixon and all the clowns surrounding them.

and being the dummy you are, what do you do -- you vote for the biggest dummy to come down the pike in 200 years, your pal Obama, the first black president. you really are stupid!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2011, 05:55:59 PM »
What is intriguing, is that in a thread, asking for specific Obama accomplishments, that the DNC could hang their hat on, and run commercials impressing the electorate on why we need 4 more years of those types of accomplishments, the biggest supporter of Obama, currently in the saloon, has provided 3 responses in said thread, and yet not 1 reference to even 1 accomplishment

Imagine that.  Is Obama's presidential plight that bad, I wonder?

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 06:14:37 PM by sirs »

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2011, 06:14:38 PM »
What is intriguing, is that in a thread, asking for specific Obama accomplishments, that the DNC could hang their hat on, and run commercials impressing the electorate on why we need 4 more years of those types of accomplishments, the biggest supporter of Obama, currently in the saloon, has provided 3 responses in said thread, and yet not 1 reference to even 1 accomplisment

Inagine that.  Is Obama's presidential plight that bad, I wonder?

it's worse than bad

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2011, 06:41:38 PM »
Well, given the now effort to follow the Mondale Campaign platform of "I'm going to tax you more, well at least make it appear I'm going after the evil greedy rich bastards, as its not fair they have so much more", we'll see just how worse than bad its going to get

Notice also how the Administration is no longer talking about jobs.  They can't because they know, and given the videos of Obama himself saying it, increased taxes lead to a stagnation if not worsening of unemployment, especially in a recession.  No, now its all about class warfare, trying to make himself out to be one of the "littleguys" fighting off the evils of those rich bastards.  Campaign 2012 has begun

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2011, 07:03:06 PM »
Notice also how the Administration is no longer talking about jobs.  .....  No, now its all about class warfare, trying to make himself out to be one of the "littleguys" fighting off the evils of those rich bastards.  Campaign 2012 has begun

More food for the right

Stocks End Sharply Lower After Fed Decision
Published: Wednesday, 21 Sep 2011

Stocks closed near session lows after selling off sharply in the final hour Wednesday as investors were cautious over the Fed's grim outlook, even as it proposed plans to ramp up its aid to help the economy.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged 283.82 points, or 2.49 percent, to end at 11,124.84, led by BofA & JP Morgan

The S&P 500 slumped 35.33 points, or 2.94 percent, to close at 1,166.76, logging its biggest drop in almost a month. The Nasdaq fell 52.05 points, or 2.01 percent, to finish at 2,538.19.

The CBOE Volatility Index, widely considered the best gauge of fear in the market, soared near 37.

Among the key S&P sectors, materials and financials fell.

The Fed announced it would launch a new $400 billion program in a move to rebalance its $2.87 trillion portfolio—a version of the widely expected Operation Twist—by selling shorter-term notes and using those funds to purchase longer-dated Treasurys.

Fed's 'Operation Twist' and Stocks: A History Lesson
"Recent indicators point to continuing weakness in overall labor market conditions, and the unemployment rate remains elevated," the Fed said in a statement. "There are significant downside risks to the economic outlook, including strains in global financial markets."

"[The Fed's view] of a 'significantly weaker economy’—is what investors are focusing on,” said Alan Valdes, director of floor operations at DME Securities.

What Changed in the Fed Statement?
The Fed also said it would reinvest the proceeds from maturing agency debt and mortgage-backed securities into mortgage-related debt to help keep mortgage rates low and bolster the housing market.

"The market appears to be confused as to what the Fed is trying to accomplish," said Michael Darda, chief market strategist and economist at MKM Partners in a note regarding the Fed statement. "Perhaps the next round of support will come in the form of an explicit goal for boosting nominal GDP back to its trend level, meaning previous and future Fed balance sheet expansion would be permanent, up to a point."