Author Topic: Hess  (Read 24312 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hess
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2007, 11:59:01 AM »
<<And again, Tee, with another overt lie, as no one was ever claiming that Saddam/Iraq was on the verge of attacking mainland America.  NOT ONCE>>

"We can't wait until the smoking gun becomes a mushroom cloud."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2007, 12:01:04 PM »
<<Did the French have a million boat people leave France in 47?>>

Could you ever find a million people crazy enough to leave France?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2007, 12:16:55 PM »
And again, Tee, with another overt lie, as no one was ever claiming that Saddam/Iraq was on the verge of attacking mainland America.  NOT ONCE
==============================================================
You must have missed Cheney's statement that Saddam had nukes and was all ready to drop them on the US. It was all over the papers and the news.

But then again, you miss so much.

Any proof of Juniorbush's and Cheney's altruism, sirs?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2007, 12:23:59 PM »
<<Did the French have a million boat people leave France in 47?>>

Could you ever find a million people crazy enough to leave France?
===================================================
My French friends tell me that what a collaborator did if he feared for his life in European France was to flee to African France, notably Algeria.  It was started as a place where Napoleon III could send his leftists, but it was an ideal place to get lost in. There was pretty much free land and ample employment for any educated Frenchman there, and not much chance that the Résistence would be able to find you. There were also a whole bunch of colonies in Africa, Indochina and the (aaah) South Pacific. And for the truly desperate, Guaine. Not to mention Guadaloupe, Martinique and Saint-Martin.

I have no idea how many collaborators headed for the Algerie or the colonies, but was an option and it was done.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2007, 12:46:37 PM »
<<And again, Tee, with another overt lie, as no one was ever claiming that Saddam/Iraq was on the verge of attacking mainland America.  NOT ONCE>>

"We can't wait until the smoking gun becomes a mushroom cloud."

Context Tee, context.  Let's try to keep it honest.  Only morons believed that was in reference to Saddam nuking Boston
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2007, 01:18:23 PM »
Context Tee, context.  Let's try to keep it honest.  Only morons believed that was in reference to Saddam nuking Boston

===============================================
So we must decide which Juniorbush propaganda to exclude based on the fact that some or of (some...hmm) was clearly intended for morons?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2007, 01:57:06 PM »
You can have your point.  Say it was 100,000.  What's 100,000 Iraqi dead, a boon to the entire nation and humanity in general?

It seems to be the more accurate number. An 80% reduction from your blatant and absurd claims.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2007, 02:03:22 PM »
You must have missed Cheney's statement that Saddam had nukes and was all ready to drop them on the US. It was all over the papers and the news.

When did he say this? Quote in context please.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2007, 02:14:27 PM »
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0810-01.htm

After this, I believe it was Blair or some British pol that claimed Saddam could drop nukes within 48 hours or somesuch nonsense.

I knew it was bullshit, so I didn't take great note of it. It got Zep all in a frenzy , as I recall.

I fail why you guys can't just google this stuff for yourself. It would take you less time than asking for someone else to spoon feed you.

Most sane people no longer question the fact that Cheney and Juniorbush lied like rugs, and continue to do so.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2007, 02:52:11 PM »
<<Context Tee, context.  Let's try to keep it honest.  Only morons believed that was in reference to Saddam nuking Boston>>

Who but a moron would even listen to them?  Who but a moron would ever believe them?  Who but a moron do they aim ANY of their bullshit at?

YOU said no one [in the Bush administration] was ever claiming that Saddam was on the verge of attacking mainland America.  Once again, you were easily proven wrong.  The fact that the statement was aimed at morons is completely immaterial.  ALL of their statements are aimed at morons, who else would believe them?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2007, 02:57:25 PM »
<<I have no idea how many collaborators headed for the Algerie or the colonies, but was an option and it was done.>>

Yeah, well Pierre Pucheu (former minister in the Vichy government)  headed for Algeria.  He was arrested and shot there by a firing squad.  But that was during the war, when the French were still annoyed by people like those scumbags.  If Pucheu could have shown a little patience, I'm sure he would have found a more welcoming climate in French North Africa.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2007, 03:01:22 PM »
<<It seems to be the more accurate number. An 80% reduction from your blatant and absurd claims. >>

Your ludicrous nit-picking completely obscures the point that the death toll is obscenely unacceptable and totally unjustifiable whether it's 600,000 (which it may very well be) or 100,000 (which I conceded only for the sake of argument.)

I note that you still didn't answer my question, do you consider the infliction of 100,000 deaths some kind of boon to the Iraqi nation or to the human race in general?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2007, 03:09:50 PM »

<<I have no idea how many collaborators headed for the Algerie or the colonies, but was an option and it was done.>>

Yeah, well Pierre Pucheu (former minister in the Vichy government)  headed for Algeria.  He was arrested and shot there by a firing squad.

======================================================
Still it is true that assuming a new identity and hiding in Algeria (or some other overseas French place) was easier in many ways than hiding in France itself.

The late husband of an ex-girlfriend of mine was a pied noir, and I spend quite a while discussing this with his younger brother. After the war it was considered impolite (and perhaps dangerous) to ask what anyone else did in the war. The French were not generally proud of their war efforts. There were two sides, and neither actually could be said to have won, not the French who fought the Nazis, nor those who joined them.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2007, 03:53:39 PM »
On Aug. 7, Cheney volunteered in a question-and-answer session at the Commonwealth Club in San Francisco, speaking of Hussein, that "left to his own devices, it's the judgment of many of us that in the not-too-distant future, he will acquire nuclear weapons." On Aug. 26, he described Hussein as a "sworn enemy of our country" who constituted a "mortal threat" to the United States. He foresaw a time in which Hussein could "subject the United States or any other nation to nuclear blackmail."

According to this Cheney never said what you claim he said.

Get it wrong or just lying?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2007, 03:59:47 PM »
Whatever makes you happiest.

It was a bloody lie, whatever he said.