Author Topic: Did you know this about Herman Cain?  (Read 3326 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Did you know this about Herman Cain?
« on: October 02, 2011, 08:50:49 PM »
Did you know this about Herman Cain?

Herman Cain is running for president.
He’s not a career politician (in fact he has never held political office).
He’s known as a pizza guy, but there’s a lot more to him.
He’s also a computer guy, a banker guy, and a rocket scientist guy.

Here’s his bio:
Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics.
Master’s degree in Computer Science.
Mathematician for the Navy, where he worked on missile ballistics (making him a rocket scientist).
Computer systems analyst for Coca-Cola.
VP of Corporate Data Systems and Services for Pillsbury (this is the top of the ladder in the computer
world, being in charge of information systems for a major corporation).

All achieved before reaching the age of 35. Since he reached the top of the information systems world, he changed careers!

Business Manager. Took charge of Pillsbury’s 400 Burger King restaurants in the Philadelphia area, which were the company’s poorest performers in the country.

Spent the first nine months learning the business from the ground up, cooking hamburger and yes, cleaning toilets.

After three years he had turned them into the company’s best performers.

Godfather’s Pizza CEO. Was asked by Pillsbury to take charge of their Godfather’s Pizza chain (which was on the verge of bankruptcy). He made it profitable in 14 months.

In 1988 he led a buyout of the Godfather’s Pizza chain from Pillsbury.

He was now the owner of a restaurant chain. Again he reached the top of the ladder of another industry.

He was also chairman of the National Restaurant Association during this time.
This is a group that interacts with government on behalf of the restaurant industry, and it gave him political experience from the non-politician side.

Having reached the top of a second industry, he changed careers again!
Adviser to the Federal Reserve System. Herman Cain went to work for the Federal Reserve Banking System advising them on how monetary policy changes would affect American businesses.
Chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank.

He worked his way up to the chairmanship of a regional Federal Reserve bank. This is only one step below the chairmanship of the entire Federal Reserve System (the top banking position in the country).
This position allowed him to see how monetary policy is made from the inside, and understand the political forces that impact the monetary system.

After reaching the top of the banking industry, he changed careers for a fourth time!
Writer and public speaker.

He then started to write and speak on leadership.
His books include Speak as a Leader, CEO of Self, Leadership is Common Sense, and They Think You’re Stupid.

Radio Host. Around 2007—after a remarkable 40 year career he started hosting a radio show on WSB in Atlanta (the largest talk radio station in the country).

He did all this starting from rock bottom (his father was a chauffeur and his mother was a maid).

When you add up his accomplishments in his life—including reaching the top of three unrelated industries: information systems, business management, and banking,

Herman Cain may have the most impressive resume of anyone that has run for the presidency in the last half century.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:34:52 PM by Kramer »

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Did you know this about Herman Cain?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 09:46:23 PM »
He was now the owner of a restaurant chain.

No, I did not know this. I thought he was the CEO. I didn't know he owned Godfather's Pizza. That's fricken awesome.

Any idea of his net worth?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 09:56:55 PM »
Herman Cain may have the most impressive resume of anyone that has run for the presidency in the last half century.

wow quite a resume!
compare that to a "community organizer"
ha!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 10:15:54 PM »
He was now the owner of a restaurant chain.

No, I did not know this. I thought he was the CEO. I didn't know he owned Godfather's Pizza. That's fricken awesome.

Any idea of his net worth?

Last week I emailed one of my black buddies asking him what he thought about Cain. He sent this information to me this afternoon. I assume it is accurate.

Not sure of his net worth but clearly he's a multimillionaire, maybe similar to Romney.

Yes this resume is very impressive. Cain's experience makes our boy presidents resume look pretty childish. I guess that is why he's a boy!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 10:21:57 PM »
  you had me at

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 10:36:27 PM »
  you had me at

Cain, as far as I can figure, is the only true Conservative running for president. And he's obviously got the required experience. I really really really like the fact that he's not an insider. I know that many people say that goes against a president but I want someone that wants to work for the people not for special interests or DC insiders.  I believe Cain appreciates America and the American way. And clearly, unlike Obama, Cain knows how to work with all types of people from different places, backgrounds, and experiences.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 10:58:27 PM »
  you had me at

This will knock you socks off!!!!!!!!!

Plane, speaking of math, watch this:

Herman Cain versus Bill Clinton.mp4

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 11:20:04 PM »
      Clinton was pretty brave to risk the possibility that a questioner smarter than himself might show up.

Talking to the public this way is becoming technically less difficult, but still politically unsafe.

One really good reason to vote in a smart canadate is that the incumbent will need to debate with him, I feel good about the potential for Herman to out think Barak.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 11:35:05 PM »
      Clinton was pretty brave to risk the possibility that a questioner smarter than himself might show up.

Talking to the public this way is becoming technically less difficult, but still politically unsafe.

One really good reason to vote in a smart canadate is that the incumbent will need to debate with him, I feel good about the potential for Herman to out think Barak.

Plus if you think about it; clearly those people the put Cain up there completely underestimated him and I feel there is a racial component here that isn't being considered. In other words, they never thought he would asked what he did, and be as knowing as he was, and actually beat Clinton in the debate.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 01:28:48 PM »
Cain is a blowhard. he fusses and blusters about and seems to be a know-it-all, though he reveals little knowledge of foreign affairs.

He has a personality that will clash with Congress, and due to his lack of political experience, he would likely get into them over petty issues and his ranting would do no good.

This country does not like Black guys going off on everyone. In a couple of months I see him being seen as a reactionary Jesse Jackson.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 02:16:40 PM »
Cain is a blowhard. he fusses and blusters about and seems to be a know-it-all, though he reveals little knowledge of foreign affairs.

He has a personality that will clash with Congress, and due to his lack of political experience, he would likely get into them over petty issues and his ranting would do no good.

This country does not like Black guys going off on everyone. In a couple of months I see him being seen as a reactionary Jesse Jackson.

you are not living in reality. wake up brother, your train just left. You guys are toast!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 03:11:12 PM »
Listen to Cain. Do you really think anyone wants to hear that blowhard ranting from the White House for four years?

He is a cancer survivor. Odds are he'll drop dead before 2016.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 06:44:50 PM »
Listen to Cain. Do you really think anyone wants to hear that blowhard ranting from the White House for four years?

He is a cancer survivor. Odds are he'll drop dead before 2016.
[/quote

good he nothing to lose. he can leave a legacy.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 01:02:57 AM »
He has nothing.

He will lose. He will not be nominated.

How many votes did he get in that straw poll? It was fewer than 1000. 976 or something like that. Essentially, it is mostly symbolic.

The GOP will not run one Black man against another Black man.

They would not run anyone from the same state as the other party, either. At least, this has never happened.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 01:40:32 AM »
The GOP will not run one Black man against another Black man.

Why not?