Author Topic: the 2 sides to a hardcore-liberal  (Read 4346 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: the 2 sides to a hardcore-liberal
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2012, 12:49:02 AM »
It is obvious that he acted with extreme stupidity

But you don't think this of the other fellow?

They were both walking the street late, is this proximate cause of anything?

We here have no idea which one struck the first blow or made the first threat, unless we learn more the question of guilt will be unsettled.

If Mr.Zimmerman is all that stupid , he is likly to give his lie away.

If he is innocent , prehaps proof of this will turn up, but this cannot be depended on not every step leaves a track.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2012, 01:57:02 AM »
I think Xo's stupid contention is being hung on the gun.  He appears to be fixated on that, that if Zimmerman didn't have it on him, this wouldn't have happened.  Which is true. 

But it's NOT stupid for someone with a CCW to keep his gun with him.  Nor is it stupid to keep an eye on someone who the neighborhood watch perceives as suspicious.  Everything Zimmerman did was consistent with what he's done in the past, contacted the police, and largely kept an eye on the situation until they arrived.......and there were no gunshots, all that time

So, what made this different?  What facilitated Zimmerman to pull his weapon?  To defend himself from a threat?  To intimidate an perceived "bad guy?  Those, and other questions could be answered in a trial, though IIRC, during the preliminary hearing, even the Prosecution conceded they had no proof of what started it.  Tough road to climb for the prosecution to get a Murder II out of that.

But "stupid"??  Leave those proclamations to the Monday Morning QB's
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:25:51 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2012, 11:18:27 AM »
I think Xo's stupid contention is being hung on the gun.  He appears to be fixated on that, that if Zimmerman didn't have it on him, this wouldn't have happened.  Which is true. 

=======================================\
Duh. that is why it is not stupid.

Had Zimmy not been packing heat, he would likely have stayed in his truck.

Without a gun, no one gets shot.

As I said, I am pretty sure that Zimmy wishes that he had not been carrying his gun, and that he had not flaunted the 911 operator's directive to not get out of his truck.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2012, 11:37:03 AM »

=======================================\
Duh. that is why it is not stupid.

Yea, BUT, that's a different issue.  He HAD A CCW, which by design allows him to "pack heat" which debunks the stupidity of claiming Zimmerman was stupid for having one.  That's the idiocy of your stupid claim, but thanks for validating my theory

As I said, I am pretty sure that Zimmy wishes that he had not been carrying his gun

And I'm just as sure that he's glad he was.......he might be the dead one now, had he not been
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2012, 03:21:33 PM »
ONLY if he had been so utterly STUPID as to disregard what he was told and get out of his truck.\

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2012, 03:34:20 PM »
It wasn't an order
It wasn't a mandate
It wasn't a legal requirement

Checkmate

So, IF you want to focus on what the dispatcher was suggesting, then you'd at least have a debate-leg to stand on.  But to perseverate on the gun demonstrates the stupidity of the person making the claim about how stupid it was for a CCW holder to disregard keeping his gun with him

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2012, 08:35:14 PM »
It was, however, stupid.

And so are you.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2012, 08:48:36 PM »
Nice 3rd grade reponse.  One can always tell when they've lost the debate, when stooping to such immature name calling.  Your "students" of language must have been great sponges.  I feel for them, and the monies, that they and their parents had to pay for such stellar instruction         :o

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2012, 10:07:33 PM »
Would Zimmerman have been smarter to brandish the gun and warn the other guy that he was armed?

I doubt he would have been knocked over and straddled if his gun had already been out.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2012, 10:17:34 PM »
Now THAT would have been a stupid thing, IMHO.  Unless he was in imminent fear for his life (or someone else's).  That's the only time its supposed to come out

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2012, 10:22:50 PM »
  Well it is indeed rude to wave a gun about , even more so to point it at someone.

So how did Zimmerman get knocked over?

Was he doing a Barney Fife quick draw?

Or did his attacker surprise him?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2012, 10:25:11 PM »
Don't know...wasn't there.  Apparently Xo was though, as he seems to know exactly how it went down, everything from the stalking to Zimmerman's "looking for trouble"