Author Topic: The Hermanator telling it like it is!  (Read 12756 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The Hermanator telling it like it is!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 01:18:36 PM »
  No Herman , there is good reason for the protest to remain on Wall street.

The Protesters will find Pennsilvania Avenue much less hospitable and less tolerant than Wall Street.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 02:02:30 PM »
They are protesting on Wall Street because that is where the problems of joblessness originate. Business is sitting on piles of money and will not hire, which means that there is a limited supply of customers who can afford more goods and services.

Assholes like Cantor (actually, the ones who financed Cantor's election) are the ones who are causing the problem, by refusing to do anything.

Electing Republicans will not cause the situation to improve, because their only remedy is cutting taxes, which they falsely believe will raise revenues.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 03:17:17 PM »
They are protesting on Wall Street because that is where the problems of joblessness originate. Business is sitting on piles of money and will not hire, which means that there is a limited supply of customers who can afford more goods and services.

Assholes like Cantor (actually, the ones who financed Cantor's election) are the ones who are causing the problem, by refusing to do anything.

Electing Republicans will not cause the situation to improve, because their only remedy is cutting taxes, which they falsely believe will raise revenues.

Much more jobs, much more employment come from small business, not big corporations or Wall Street! It's the small businesses in America, like a 7/11 store, the plumbing business with 8 plumbers, the Dentist office with 12 employees, the UPS store with 3 employees, the small movie theater operation, winder washers, roofers, jewelry stores, restaurants, Ace Hardware franchises, karate studios, all the small businesses in strip malls, etc, NOT, I repeat NOT Dupont, or 3M or Wall Street.

Herman Cain is the only candidate with the balls to say what I (and the rest of Conservatives) want to hear a presidential candidate say & believe.

I predict the Herman Cain will move Conservative voters to his camp, thus he will lead the pack, and will be the nominee, and at the very least he will be the VP for the Republican Party.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 03:24:35 PM by Kramer »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 03:39:54 PM »

Wall Street is a convenient boogeyman.

The real problem is the current tax systems which encourages lobbying and pitting one group against the other and the constant ebb and flow of purchasing advantage. The government is up for bid. And that is the fault of the government not businesses large and small.

So when you advocate taxing millionaires you are no better than a K street lobbyist.

We need a flat tax . You earn more you pay more but you don't pay a higher percentage.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 04:15:17 PM »

Wall Street is a convenient boogeyman.

The real problem is the current tax systems which encourages lobbying and pitting one group against the other and the constant ebb and flow of purchasing advantage. The government is up for bid. And that is the fault of the government not businesses large and small.

So when you advocate taxing millionaires you are no better than a K street lobbyist.

We need a flat tax . You earn more you pay more but you don't pay a higher percentage.

9-9-9

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 05:01:17 PM »
They are protesting on Wall Street because that is where the problems of joblessness originate.

Henhouses are where the problems of egglessness originate.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 05:22:10 PM »
They are protesting on Wall Street because that is where the problems of joblessness originate.

Henhouses are where the problems of egglessness originate.

XO reminds me of that guy with black hair parted in the middle with a small mustaches back in the 40's that blamed Jews for all problems so his group came up with the Final Solution to fix the problem.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 10:55:34 PM »
Cain doesn't get that Wall Street OWNS Washington, so he's effectively telling the demonstrators to deal with the monkey instead of the organ grinder.  The demonstrators at least knows where the problem originates and have decided to deal with it there.

The American voter today has absolutely no way to vote against the banks or the financial industry generally, as Chris Hedges says here:

Hedges: No way in US system to vote against banks

Thus, the occupation of Wall Street, outside of the whole phony spectacle of "electoral" politics and "democratic elections." 

We are witnessing the first real pre-revolutionary steps of the masses, which IMHO will be ruthlessly snuffed out by the forces of the ruling class (police and/or National Guard) if they don't first "spontaneously" (i.e., with a little surreptitious help from the organs of state security) self-destruct.  The true benefit of the exercise will be to serve as a lesson, the lesson for future generations of revolutionaries that "nicely-nicely" just doesn't work.

Paraphrasing one of my favourite Lenin quotes, "Things will have to get a lot worse before they can become better."  But I think it's becoming increasingly obvious that they will (get a lot worse) - - that's a given.  The whole house of cards is starting to come apart.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 11:05:50 PM »
Cain doesn't get that Wall Street OWNS Washington, so he's effectively telling the demonstrators to deal with the monkey instead of the organ grinder.  The demonstrators at least knows where the problem originates and have decided to deal with it there.

The American voter today has absolutely no way to vote against the banks or the financial industry generally, as Chris Hedges says here:

Hedges: No way in US system to vote against banks

Thus, the occupation of Wall Street, outside of the whole phony spectacle of "electoral" politics and "democratic elections." 

We are witnessing the first real pre-revolutionary steps of the masses, which IMHO will be ruthlessly snuffed out by the forces of the ruling class (police and/or National Guard) if they don't first "spontaneously" (i.e., with a little surreptitious help from the organs of state security) self-destruct.  The true benefit of the exercise will be to serve as a lesson, the lesson for future generations of revolutionaries that "nicely-nicely" just doesn't work.

Paraphrasing one of my favourite Lenin quotes, "Things will have to get a lot worse before they can become better."  But I think it's becoming increasingly obvious that they will (get a lot worse) - - that's a given.  The whole house of cards is starting to come apart.

Wall Street doesn't make law. Cain is correct about protesting 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Going to the front of the WH tells everybody in Congress we know where the problem lies. All the lawmakers have to do is make laws that work, that they will abide by, and deals with the problems. Changes to tax law, dealing with corruption, bribery, and other crimes by Congress will go a long way in fixing the probes with Wall Street; and since Wall Street can't do what Congress does then clearly the problem is with Congress not Wall Street.

Here's my question for you. If Wall Street broke laws and were criminal then do you expect them to arrest themselves? Obama's justice Department, FBI, ATF, CIA and the BFD should have been all over Wall Street like flies on shit and they should all be in jail by now. Obama & Congress are the guilty criminal parties.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 11:11:27 PM by Kramer »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 11:06:56 PM »
The American voter today has absolutely no way to vote against the banks or the financial industry generally

I'm not sure that is true.

Wall Street may have tremendous influence over Washington, but i am not convinced that publicly traded corporations are responsible for the unemployment levels in this country. I would suspect that the vast majority of employees work for sole proprietorships or llc's.
IE small businesses.

Good to see you . Hope you are well.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 11:19:11 PM »
<<Wall Street doesn't make law. Cain is correct about protesting 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Going to the front of the WH tells everybody in Congress we know where the problem lies. All the lawmakers have to do is make laws that work, that they will abide by, and deals with the problems. Changes to tax law, dealing with corruption, bribery, and other crimes by Congress will go a long way in fixing the probes with Wall Street; and since Wall Street can't do what Congress does then clearly the problem is with Congress not Wall Street.>>

The problem is precisely that Wall Street DOES make law - - through their hundreds of lobbyists, their campaign funding of candidates over and under the table, and the Congressmen and Senators that they have bought and paid for.  In your view, and Cain's as well, Congress is independent of Wall Street.  In my view, Hedges' view and the demonstrators' view, special interests (including but not limited to Wall Street) have bought and paid for Congress.  That's what I meant when I said that Wall Street OWNS Washington. 

THAT'S why the demonstrators have occupied Wall Street, to dramatize their POV, which is that Wall Street owns Washington.  To go to the White House instead, as Cain suggests, would serve only to dramatize Cain's POV, that Wall Street does NOT own Washington.  Why on earth would the demonstrators want to dramatize Cain's POV when they have their own POV, diametrically opposed to Cain's, to dramatize?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 11:23:01 PM »
The reason Wall Street can buy DC is because current law gives DC politicians something to sell.

Change the law. End of story.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 11:25:16 PM »
<<Wall Street doesn't make law. Cain is correct about protesting 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Going to the front of the WH tells everybody in Congress we know where the problem lies. All the lawmakers have to do is make laws that work, that they will abide by, and deals with the problems. Changes to tax law, dealing with corruption, bribery, and other crimes by Congress will go a long way in fixing the probes with Wall Street; and since Wall Street can't do what Congress does then clearly the problem is with Congress not Wall Street.>>

The problem is precisely that Wall Street DOES make law - - through their hundreds of lobbyists, their campaign funding of candidates over and under the table, and the Congressmen and Senators that they have bought and paid for.  In your view, and Cain's as well, Congress is independent of Wall Street.  In my view, Hedges' view and the demonstrators' view, special interests (including but not limited to Wall Street) have bought and paid for Congress.  That's what I meant when I said that Wall Street OWNS Washington. 

THAT'S why the demonstrators have occupied Wall Street, to dramatize their POV, which is that Wall Street owns Washington.  To go to the White House instead, as Cain suggests, would serve only to dramatize Cain's POV, that Wall Street does NOT own Washington.  Why on earth would the demonstrators want to dramatize Cain's POV when they have their own POV, diametrically opposed to Cain's, to dramatize?

Then you should be happy that the Tea Party has come around.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 11:26:11 PM »
The reason Wall Street can buy DC is because current law gives DC politicians something to sell.

Change the law. End of story.

Change the law, then follow the laws. End of story.