Author Topic: Riddle me this...  (Read 1146 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Riddle me this...
« on: October 10, 2011, 05:11:41 PM »
Putting aside the inability for folks like Xo to come up with even 1 Obama accomplishment to run on, as a 4more years of this, and with the chalk-full level of hypocritical inconsistencies that the left has solidified themselves with, how is it, that the Dems, who received more in campaign contributions than the GOP from Wall Street, who were in unanimous favor of TARP and all the bank Bailouts, from the likes of Pelosi, Reid, and company, with Obama touting its need to fend off exactly what's currently happening..

..how is it that this continued economic malaise & unemployment, is all the fault of Wall Street greed?, the Tea Party?, and Conservative Republicans, who had squat power to stop anything Obama wanted and DID get passed the 1st 2yrs of his term??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Riddle me this...
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 05:53:41 PM »
<<..how is it that this continued economic malaise & unemployment, is all the fault of Wall Street greed?>>

Nobody says it's "all" the fault of Wall Street greed, just that Wall Street greed made major contributions to the mess.

<< . . . the Tea Party?, and Conservative Republicans, who had squat power to stop anything Obama wanted and DID get passed the 1st 2yrs of his term??>>

They had plenty of power to derail and redirect a lot of Obama's projects, working with the so-called Blue Dog Democrats - - together they forced a lot of changes onto Obama's programs, health care reform, for example.  Obama used to call for single-payer (i.e., government) plans, then he was forced to change to "public option," and finally to take "public option" off the table - - the result being a fraudulent boondoggle for the insurance industry at minimal public benefit.  Closing Guantanamo was another one.  Military trials another one.  Attacks on whistleblowers another one.  Everything Obama once stood for, he compromised or gave away in the end due to TP and/or GOP intransigeance.

I'm not a big fan of loading everything onto "Wall  Street greed" because it gives the politicians who let it all happen a "Get Out of Jail Free" card.  Wall Street greed is enabled by the politicians on both sides of the aisle who they buy and pay for.  You really should follow the Occupy Wall Street protests more carefully - - this isn't news any more to those kids.  They know how the system works, how the politicians' campaigns are funded and believe me this goes a lot deeper than just the political campaigns.  Lobbyists and special interests follow the politician every step of the way once he's elected.  They're always there for him, with money, hookers, airline tickets or whatever else they need.  Those they can't buy, they blackmail; those they can't buy or blackmail, they blacken in the corporate media while they find and finance an opponent to run against him at the first available opportunity; while his well runs dry, his opponent's is overflowing.

I posted talks by Chris Hedges and Jeffrey Sachs in other threads.  Really, you ought to take a look at them.  They would have already answered all your questions so far, easily.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 06:25:25 PM »
<<..how is it that this continued economic malaise & unemployment, is all the fault of Wall Street greed?>>

Nobody says it's "all" the fault of Wall Street greed, just that Wall Street greed made major contributions to the mess.

And yet, messers Pelosi, Reid, Obama, and the rest of the left were all gung ho at bailing out Wall Street....that they were "too big to fail".  And here these protesters are all apesnot out of Wall Street having been bailed out.  Guess who bailed them out, folks?

Here's a hint...lessen the Government wet blanket of uncertainty, with where will the taxes be?, how much more might we have to pay?, how much more in health insurace are we going to have to pay under Obamination Care?,...all that uncertainty is stifling and choking any chance of unemployment #'s going down, as "Wall Street" & Corporate America (which apparently also includes pretty much all small & medium size busness that employ a majority of the nation, feel compelled to hold onto everything they have, don't expand, or don't even get started 

<< . . . the Tea Party?, and Conservative Republicans, who had squat power to stop anything Obama wanted and DID get passed the 1st 2yrs of his term??>>

They had plenty of power to derail and redirect a lot of Obama's projects, working with the so-called Blue Dog Democrats

The Dems had super majorities in BOTH houses.  End of story.  And here's the greatest joke, the same folks protesting corruption between Government and "Corporate America", is the answer to grant even more power to Government, and increase the potential for corruption that much more

The Power liberal, fully undressed

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 04:27:20 AM »
<<And yet, messers Pelosi, Reid, Obama, and the rest of the left were all gung ho at bailing out Wall Street....that they were "too big to fail". >>

Pelosi, Reid and Obama are shills for Wall Street.  Wall Street finances them and their pals and they in turn do what Wall Street wants them to do.  "Too big to fail" is the bullshit excuse they gave out for handing out hundreds of billions to the Wall Street crooks who pay for their campaigns and probably a lot of other stuff as well.  I'm not sure I understand your point here.  Surely you would agree that Pelosi and friends are paid shills for Wall Street?

<<And here these protesters are all apesnot out of Wall Street having been bailed out.  Guess who bailed them out, folks?>>

They KNOW who bailed them out.  That's why they're not going to work through the electoral system, because they know Wall Street and the banks have bought up all the candidates.  Vote for Obama, vote for Cain - - makes no difference, Wall Street wins either way.  They know that already.

<<Here's a hint...lessen the Government wet blanket of uncertainty, with where will the taxes be?, how much more might we have to pay?, how much more in health insurace are we going to have to pay under Obamination Care?,...all that uncertainty is stifling and choking any chance of unemployment #'s going down, as "Wall Street" & Corporate America (which apparently also includes pretty much all small & medium size busness that employ a majority of the nation, feel compelled to hold onto everything they have, don't expand, or don't even get started >>

What total bullshit.  How do you know that it is "uncertainty" as to what the taxes will be that is "stifling and choking" any chance of the unemployment numbers going down?  A businessman takes a risk with every start-up - - risk of labour problems, risk of not meeting production targets, risk of not meeting sales targets, risk of inability to control quality, risk of fuel costs, risk of raw material costs - - all those risks he cheerfully assumes, but the risk of "higher taxes" brings him to his knees, quaking with fear.  "OMG, what if taxes go up 10% over pro forma?"  Hey Mr. Businessman do what all the other fucking crooks do, hire a good accountant, solve the fucking problem.

The businessman who won't open an otherwise viable new business because of "tax uncertainty" is as much a myth as the businessman who'll hire new workers as soon as his taxes are cut even lower - - right wing bullshit that nobody with half a brain could ever take seriously.

<<The Dems had super majorities in BOTH houses.  End of story. >>

Obviously not the end of story because if you subtract the Blue Dogs from the Democratic majority, they didn't have a super majority any more.  I'm not even sure if, without the Blue Dogs, they even had a majority.  It's simple math, and before you say "End of Story," you gotta do the math.

<< And here's the greatest joke, the same folks protesting corruption between Government and "Corporate America", is the answer to grant even more power to Government, and increase the potential for corruption that much more>>

Maybe you don't understand that the corruption is usually exercised so that the industry doing the corrupting becomes LESS regulated as a result of its corrupted law-makers REMOVING restrictions on it.  So the folks who are protesting corruption (obviously wanting the reverse of corruption) would want MORE regulation imposed.  That's pretty simple, don't know why you find it such a joke.  Corporations pay corrupt law-makers to take away restrictions so they can make more money; people who are against the corruption of their law-makers want the process reversed - - they know that HONEST law-makers will impose reasonable necessary restrictions on a business' power to make money any way it sees fit.

<<The Power liberal, fully undressed>>

I just don't understand that one.  But then, I'm still trying to understand V is for Vendetta, so don't mind me.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 10:49:34 AM by Michael Tee »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 04:34:04 PM »
  Peloshi is trying to get in frount of the 99% wave with her surfboard, she might just flatter her way into getting that big gavel out of storage.

I think it won't work She should not attach herself to such a dead end crew of hopeless racists.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 04:39:52 PM »
Not just the uber rich liberal Democrats flaunting their hypocrisy, like Pelosi, but some in Entertainment industry as well.....Kayne West was sporting his massive gold chains and expensive clothing, at some protest.  Nothing like identifying with the "little guy"