Author Topic: From the sublime to the ludicrous  (Read 4211 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
From the sublime to the ludicrous
« on: October 14, 2011, 11:48:40 AM »
President Hypocrite, who doesn't hesitate to assassinate even his own citizens anywhere on earth, is upset at a phony plot, allegedly by Iran to assassinate the Saudi Ambassador to the US, and is demanding "punitive action" against Iran.  Well, maybe it really IS just a fake exercise to take the spotlight off the Occupy Wall Street! uprising.  A new little war ought to be a good distraction.  It'll only cost a few trillion bucks a a couple million lives, so what the hell, anything's possible. 

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: From the sublime to the ludicrous
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 12:07:58 PM »
And you know its a phony plot because..........Iran said so?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 01:07:09 PM »
And also because even the U.S. government admitted it had no direct evidence of Iranian government involvement.  I posted the source in another thread, "Iran Rattles Sword at Boy Wonder."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 01:14:38 PM »
Meaning they had no memo from the President Iran that said, assassinate the Ambassador?  You'll give us an example of when, in modern time, such "direct" evidence was ever provided.  99.9% of the time, its indirect evidence.  But by all means, you can continue to opine its phony, with no shred of "direct" evidence, of course, but yours and Iran's say so
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 01:40:07 PM »
I do not think that at this point, enough facts are known to claim that the Iranians clearly sponsored an assassination plot or are entirely innocent. I hardly think that the Administration would publicly announce a plot out of the blue, and there are certainly parts of the Iranian government that would support such a plot.

All we can really say at this point, is that it is a good thing that the plot did not result in any assassinations.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 02:37:57 PM »
So, not enough facts to claim "phony" then

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 02:40:37 PM »
Something obviously happened. I really doubt that anyone would make the whole thing up.

We do not know what happened, and until we do, it is all speculation.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 03:12:37 PM »
Precisly.  Which is why its ludicrous to jump to the conclusion of "phony plot"

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 03:44:02 PM »
Phony because the US government has a long and disgraceful history of inventing outrageous lies to justify its aggressions against other countries -
- the lies of the Tonkin Gulf to justify the invasion of Viet Nam
- the lies (and faked satellite photos) of Iraqi troops "massing on the borders of Saudi Arabia" to justify Gulf War 1
- the lies of weapons of mass destruction to justify the invasion of Iraq

It was only natural to assume that the next reason for the next war would be more lies and bullshit from the world's only terrorist superpower.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 04:23:40 PM »
So, as I said, no facts that back up your allegation.  Merely selected excerpts from history, even trying to bring back....well, we won't go there, since you might have a hissy fit.  Suffice to say, your references have zero connection to current history or administration, and merely the word of Iran.  Even Xo isn't biting

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 04:30:34 PM »
I think they're lying, XO thinks they might not be lying.  Time will tell which of us is right, though XO hedged his bet so he can't lose.  I'm not losing any sleep over it - - if they're caught lying, it sure as hell won't be the first time.  Probably not even the thousandth time.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 04:33:05 PM »
Considering that Obama knew about the plot in June, and the story broke in October, I'm not sure how serious the plot was.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 04:41:55 PM »
I said that Xo wasn't biting with your phony conclusion, Tee.  I never said he agreed with me.  And best not enter the "L-word".  Couldn't help but notice who seemed to bring that up already

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 04:49:48 PM »
I said that Xo wasn't biting with your phony conclusion, Tee.  I never said he agreed with me.  And best not enter the "L-word".  Couldn't help but notice who seemed to bring that up already

Why shouldn't Mikey say the administration is lying if he thinks they are?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 04:55:24 PM »
Never said he couldn't.  I'm pointing out he has no facts to support that conclusion.  Where do you get off claiming I think he shouldn't be able to say......anything??

The "L-word" was me mistakingly thinking it was in reference to me.  My bad