Author Topic: The little angels are spitting on our servicemen  (Read 7673 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The little angels are spitting on our servicemen
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2011, 02:48:34 PM »
The OWS are on the right track: they do not expect the government will change their lot. They want jobs and realize that Washington (ie the combination of the Executive and the Legislative) are incapable of giving them a job. It is the Wall Street types that do the hiring, and who set the conditions for student loans as well.

Again, they are correctly directing the protest at the Organ Grinder and not the monkey.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2011, 09:19:05 PM »
You are both wrong. I guess I don't mind the Owwies protesting the big banks. I didn't support the bailouts either. They just seem like dirty and disgusting people. Why are they out on the street all week and not showering? Many are getting paid to be there. A normal person goes to a protest and they either go to a motel or home at night when they are finished and take a shower. They should also protest at the White House because it is Obama's policies that are the reason we are in this mess. Protest both, not just part of the problem. They should also be defecating in the bathroom, not on the streets.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2011, 09:25:13 PM »
Jobs in the US are created by small businesses more than any other agency.

Taxes that get paid from the small-medium business and business owner directly depress hireing.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2011, 02:29:53 AM »
I hardly see any blacks if at all in the mobs that make up the Owwies. Are they racist?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2011, 07:08:33 AM »
<<They just seem like dirty and disgusting people.  Why are they out on the street all week and not showering?>>

ROTFLMFAO.

I guess you could say the same thing about our soldiers in WWII - - why are they out in the field under fire all week without showering?  BECAUSE THEY'VE GOT A JOB TO DO AND IT DOESN'T COME WITH SHOWERS.  BECAUSE WHAT THEY'RE DOING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SHOWERS. 

If it will make you feel any better about Bernie Madoff, I'll bet the guy showered and put on a clean shirt every day of his fucking life, till he ended up in prison.  Every fucking crook on Wall Street showers and puts on a clean shirt every day.  They must be wonderful people.

<<Many are getting paid to be there.>>

Oh, really?  Who says so?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2011, 09:18:10 AM »
<<Many are getting paid to be there.>>

Oh, really?  Who says so?

----------------------------------------------
Indeed, who says so?

It looks to me like the majority of the Owwies are recent college graduates from the area around NYC,and as such, most are White folks.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2011, 12:33:52 PM »
You guys look silly parroting each other. It is obvious that Mickey Tee is the intelligent one and XO is the grunt.

--------------------------

Help wanted
Reader Greg Farrell writes to point out what he found on Craigslist. It?s an ad from the Working Families Party looking to hire protesters for Wall Street and offering $350-650 a week, depending on responsibility and length of time on staff: FIGHT TO HOLD WALL STREET ACCOUNTABLE NOW! MAKE A DIFFERENCE! GET PAID! Note: ?Recruiters, please don?t contact this job poster.?

Here?s the Craigslist posting, in case it gets cut:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2011/10/help-wanted.php

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2011, 12:36:41 PM »
Anyone can post anything they wish on Craigslist. The presence of an ad does not mean that the ad is legit.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2011, 12:38:10 PM »
Those smelly people responded to that ad.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2011, 12:52:56 PM »
I just looked at the ad, and it's clearly an ad for organizers, public speakers, fund-raisers and out-reach people, nobody is being offered anything for just showing up and the demo and carrying a sign.

Apparently the Working Families Party was organized by labour unions and community activists.  They're coming late to the party, but if they have something to offer, why not?

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2011, 01:20:57 PM »
I just looked at the ad, and it's clearly an ad for organizers, public speakers, fund-raisers and out-reach people, nobody is being offered anything for just showing up and the demo and carrying a sign.

They are not paying people in leadership roles that you describe only $350 a week. That is $8.75 an hour. That is what the protestors are being paid. 

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2011, 02:31:28 PM »
<<They are not paying people in leadership roles that you describe only $350 a week. That is $8.75 an hour. That is what the protestors are being paid.  >>

Your math assumes a 40-hr. week but the occupation is for 24/7.  Besides which, READ THE AD.  They clearly state what they want and it's for exactly what I already described, NOT for occupying a public space.  They can't pay Wall Street wages and they can't even pay regular corporate wages.  People who respond to this ad will respond for love, not for money.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2011, 02:53:57 PM »
   How were Tea party protesters paid?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2011, 04:05:02 PM »
<<How were Tea party protesters paid?>>

Not my department.  Ask the Koch brothers.