Author Topic: Obama has Awlaki's 16-yr-old son killed while eating dinner with teenage friends  (Read 2174 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
http://news.antiwar.com/2011/10/18/out-to-dinner-us-assassination-in-yemen-killed-teens/

don't even know why I bother to post it. 

the comments in this group will range from Fuck the whole God-damn bunch a them! to He was probably a terrorist too! to That's war!

It's tough to be an atheist in a world like this.  Because a religious man could at least take comfort in the thought that there will be payback but an atheist just has to come to grips with the idea that "The bastards will get away with it - - again!"

what a sad world

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
It's tough to be an atheist in a world like this.  Because a religious man could at least take comfort in the thought that there will be payback but an atheist just has to come to grips with the idea that "The bastards will get away with it - - again!"

what a sad world

Brilliant insight into the downside of atheism.

Simply brilliant!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:

what a sad world

Brilliant insight into the downside of atheism.

Simply brilliant!

Yes, but even so, the best reason to believe something is that it is true.

Beleiveing something for some other purpose , even if it solves some problem , is being dishonest.

I think MT could have a better relationship with God, but if God isn't interested in an insincere relationship , perhaps I should be humble about what I reccomend.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Was Ibrahim al-Bana the main target of this attack?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
The thing is, being an atheist does not cause God to cease to exist, not will being a believer cause him to materialize and come into existence. God's existence, and even more important, his nature, exist independently of whatever we believe.

There is the question of God's existence, and then, there is also the question of precisely what God is. Did he create the universe, as some believe, or has God and the Universe coexisted forever, with God as a sort of celestial floorwalker?

Perhaps he just wound up the universe and strolled off to wind up other universes elsewhere.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  Or, is the materiel and energy of the universe sentient?

Such that God is bound up in all things.

Of course the possibilitys are endless, including that God is a thing totally beyond our ability to understand.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
It was mildly surprising to me that the comment to the original post in this thread seemed to focus on the existence or non-existence of God, rather than the kind of comment (He deserved it!  Fuck'im! etc.) that I was expecting.

The saddest and most depressing thing about the comments was the complete lack of moral outrage, predictable though it was.

My basic feeling here is that with God or without, this act will be avenged in the long run.  In a universe totally devoid of God, there is still some kind of moral force or karma operating, such that, in an action as heinous as this, the actors have sown the seeds of their own destruction. 

I think of it as waves of revulsion spreading across the globe, interacting with earlier and later waves and generating some kind of deadly hatred that may have to simmer for a long, long time.  At the same time, among the murderers themselves, I see the "successes" of the operation creating waves of triumph, stoking the aggression, cruelty and hatred (or maybe it's just cold indifference) that enables these men or women to kill people on the other side of the world by the touch of a button.  The violence feeds upon its own "success" and ever more savage attacks are launched against the world from the underground bunkers of Nevada.

Every action has its consequences.  It is the build-up of these consequences that I think will finally lead to the downfall of the USA.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
My comment had nothing to do with the existence or non existence of God.

It was about the brilliance of your description of the plight of the atheist.

It moved me.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Well, thanks.

It wasn't to your comment that I was referring, but to the discussion that followed it.