Author Topic: Endorsement  (Read 11327 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Endorsement
« on: October 19, 2011, 03:08:02 AM »
I'm ready to officially support Romney. For once, debates will have an impact on my vote. I really have liked the way Romney has handled himself during these debates, especially facing tough questions. He's very smooth and can explain himself well. I think he will compare very well against Obama during their debates. Romney also seems like the best candidate to get the economy on its feet again and fix unemployment, housing, the deficit and repeal ObamaCare. I think he will also put Massachusetts, Michigan, Pennsylvania and maybe New Jersey into play.  I also think there is a great possiblity that Chris Christie will accept to run as his Veep.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Endorsement
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 03:19:50 AM »
Too early for me. I think Romney is this cycles McCain, more a RINO than a small government conservative. Hate to see all the progress the tea party made just thrown away because Romney was the dems choice to run against.

You think the OWS are blipping on the radar now, wait until the flowers bloom in spring. And who has the closest connection with Wall Street? Romney.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 10:14:10 AM »
I also think there is a great possiblity that Chris Christie will accept to run as his Veep.
==================================================================

I think there is very close to ZERO possibility of this. If Christie will not abandon the job the people of NJ elected him to do to run for president, why on Earth would he do the same to run for VP?

Odds that this will happen, very, very, very low.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 12:38:07 PM »
If Christie will not abandon the job the people of NJ elected him to do to run for president, why on Earth would he do the same to run for VP?

He did not rule it out when asked about it recently.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 02:38:54 PM »
I'm ready to officially support Romney. For once, debates will have an impact on my vote. I really have liked the way Romney has handled himself during these debates, especially facing tough questions. He's very smooth and can explain himself well. I think he will compare very well against Obama during their debates. Romney also seems like the best candidate to get the economy on its feet again and fix unemployment, housing, the deficit and repeal ObamaCare. I think he will also put Massachusetts, Michigan, Pennsylvania and maybe New Jersey into play.  I also think there is a great possiblity that Chris Christie will accept to run as his Veep.

I don't think Romney has closed the sale yet. The next month will help me make my final decision. The good news is any one of them will beat Obama.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 02:51:25 PM »
I think there is very close to ZERO possibility of this.

You should stop harping on Cain about bad math when clearly (you suck at math) and you should stick with teaching inner city minorities to speak Spanish, which will only be helpful for them while in prison.

So there is 0 possibility Christy won't be VP? That is impossible you big dummy because he could do it!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 12:45:05 PM »
If Christie has declared that there is no way he will resign as governor of NJ to run for presoident, why would he do the same to run for vice president.

Not gonna happen.

The dummy, as ever, is you.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 01:04:57 PM »
If Christie has declared that there is no way he will resign as governor of NJ to run for presoident, why would he do the same to run for vice president.

Not gonna happen.

The dummy, as ever, is you.

your math doesn't add up

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 01:38:39 PM »

He doesn't have to resign to run for Veep. He wouldn't have to raise money or build an organization. It would only be a 2 month campaign for him.

And when asked recently about it, he didn't refuse it, like he has for running for president in the past. 

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 01:51:52 PM »
And who has the closest connection with Wall Street? Romney.

Obama has brought in more money from employees of banks, hedge funds and other financial service companies than all of the GOP candidates combined.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-has-more-cash-from-financial-sector-than-gop-hopefuls-combined-data-show/2011/10/18/gIQAX4rAyL_story.html

Obama's new chief of staff is Bill Daley who has strong Wall Street connections, including a stint with JP Morgan Chase. 

Michael Froman, Obama deputy national security adviser for international economic affairs, worked for Citigroup and received more than $7.4 million from the bank from January of 2008 until he entered the Obama administration this year. This included a $2.25 million year-end bonus handed him this past January, within weeks of his joining the Obama administration. Citigroup has thus far been the beneficiary of $45 billion in cash and over $300 billion in government guarantees of its bad debts.

Obama's deputy national security adviser, Thomas E. Donilon, was paid $3.9 million by a Washington law firm whose major clients include Citigroup, Goldman Sachs and the private equity firm Apollo Management.

Louis Caldera, director of the White House Military Office, made $227,155 last year from IndyMac Bancorp, the California bank that heavily promoted subprime mortgages. It collapsed last summer and was placed under federal receivership.

Neal Wolin, Obama's selection for deputy counsel to the president for economic policy, is a top executive at the insurance giant Hartford Financial Services, where his salary was $4.5 million.

Obama appointed Lawrence Summers, director of the National Economic Council and was Obama's top economic adviser.  Summers pocketed $5 million as a managing director of D.E. Shaw, one of the biggest hedge funds in the world, and another $2.7 million for speeches delivered to Wall Street firms that have received government bailout money. This includes $45,000 from Citigroup and $67,500 each from JPMorgan Chase and the now-liquidated Lehman Brothers. For a speech to Goldman Sachs executives, Summers walked away with $135,000.

Obama's appointee to head the Securities and Exchange Commission, Mary Schapiro, led the finance industry's own regulatory body, which, unsurprisingly, did nothing to rein in Wall Street's speculative orgy. Obama's appointee to head the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Gary Gensler, drafted the legislation in 2000 that exempted derivatives, including credit-default swaps, from regulation.

Obama appointed Gene Sperling"another figure with close ties to Wall Street" to head the White House's National Economic Council. As NEC chair in the Clinton administration in the mid-1990s, Sperling pushed for the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act and other financial regulations, fueling the speculative frenzy that led to the Wall Street crash of 2008. Sperling also worked as a consultant for Goldman Sachs and several hedge funds.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 01:57:38 PM »

He doesn't have to resign to run for Veep. He wouldn't have to raise money or build an organization. It would only be a 2 month campaign for him.

And when asked recently about it, he didn't refuse it, like he has for running for president in the past.

Yes my point exactly in a previous post. Plus Christy will have kept his word and finished his 4 year term as governor.

Unlike the one-term, first term, Obama who pretty much spent 6 years as a Jr Senator doing nothing but run for POTUS; and on the taxpayers dime. And of course we now know that Obama got elected only because of his negroness and not for his qualifications.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 02:03:38 PM »
Newt is going nowhere. He is an obnoxious smartass and a philandering hasbeen. Women in particular think of his as a fat sleaze.

Romney has not assured himself the nomination, but this would not happen until after some real elections. Straw polls don't really count.

I agree that Perry is out. The same for Santorum and Bachmann. Cain will meet his doom in the NH primary, where sales taxes are an anathema. Paul has no chance, but there is no convincing the small band of fanatics that worship him. This is his last try.

Romney will win the nomination by default, more than likely.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 02:08:37 PM »
Newt is going nowhere. He is an obnoxious smartass and a philandering hasbeen. Women in particular think of his as a fat sleaze.

Romney has not assured himself the nomination, but this would not happen until after some real elections. Straw polls don't really count.

I agree that Perry is out. The same for Santorum and Bachmann. Cain will meet his doom in the NH primary, where sales taxes are an anathema. Paul has no chance, but there is no convincing the small band of fanatics that worship him. This is his last try.

Romney will win the nomination by default, more than likely.

yeah but you keep dodging the fact you don't know math because what you said about Christy was wrong but you aren't man enough to admit you were wrong. And if you are wrong about Christy and wrong about Obama why should anybody believe a word you say? Move to France you big dummy.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 02:18:11 PM »
This reply by XO was supposed to be responding to your "Rasmussen - Cain 28%, Romney 21% & Paul 10%" thread. He's getting senile. He put it in the wrong thread. 

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 02:22:43 PM »
This reply by XO was supposed to be responding to your "Rasmussen - Cain 28%, Romney 21% & Paul 10%" thread. He's getting senile. He put it in the wrong thread.

According to my math the chances of you being correct are the same percentage as the possibility Christy becomes the VP candidate.