Author Topic: Rasmussen - Cain 28%, Romney 21% & Paul 10%  (Read 1833 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Rasmussen - Cain 28%, Romney 21% & Paul 10%
« on: October 20, 2011, 01:33:51 PM »
A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Iowa caucus-goers shows that Cain is in front with 28% followed by former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney at 21%. Congressman Ron Paul is a distant third at 10% followed by former House Speaker Newt Gingrich at 9%, Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann at 8%, and Texas Governor Rick Perry at 7%. The sixth place finish for Perry is a sharp decline from early September when Perry was the frontrunner both nationally and in Iowa.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Rasmussen - Cain 28%, Romney 21% & Paul 10%
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 01:42:34 PM »
I would like to see Newt start to make some gains in these polls. There is no reason he shouldn't be in the top three.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 01:52:38 PM »
I would like to see Newt start to make some gains in these polls. There is no reason he shouldn't be in the top three.

I think he will move up and it will eventually be Cain, Romney & Newt. I think Perry is toast. Newt could win it. I don't see that Romney has closed the sale yet.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 02:07:35 PM »
Yep, I agree 100%. That would be my top three. Romney hasn't closed the sale. He really should be at 50% with his knowledge of economics. I liked the way he handled Perry at the debate. You're not going to get any tougher than somebody calling you a hypocrite right to your face, and Romney dealt with it pretty well and parried it and got the audience on his side.  As thin skinned as Obama is, he would have blown it.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 02:10:45 PM »
Yep, I agree 100%. That would be my top three. Romney hasn't closed the sale. He really should be at 50% with his knowledge of economics. I liked the way he handled Perry at the debate. You're not going to get any tougher than somebody calling you a hypocrite right to your face, and Romney dealt with it pretty well and parried it and got the audience on his side.  As thin skinned as Obama is, he would have blown it.

My only issue with Romney in the fight with Perry is when he asked Anderson to intervene. That seemed sorta weak to me.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 02:19:35 PM »
I can see that.  He shouldn't have mentioned Anderson, though Anderson did a terrible job with that debate and lost control of it.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 02:23:53 PM »
I can see that.  He shouldn't have mentioned Anderson, though Anderson did a terrible job with that debate and lost control of it.

why do Republican s let liberals, or shall I say registered Democrats, run their debates?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 02:26:32 PM »
The biggest problem with the debate is how far too much energy was expended at trying to tear the other down, and not near enough at focusing on the real issue, Obama's and the Democrats' policies that have put us in this economic abyss, and what's needed to tear that down

Just my $.02
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »
The biggest problem with the debate is how far too much energy was expended at trying to tear the other down, and not near enough at focusing on the real issue, Obama's and the Democrats' policies that have put us in this economic abyss, and what's needed to tear that down

Just my $.02

That is why Newt is looking good these day because he is staying above the silly cat fights and calm & steadily gaining respect and positive attention. He was man enough, the other day in an interview, to admit he made some mistake 20 years ago. He got a lot of bad press when he was the Speaker but a lot of it was the typical left-wing press trying to destroy a man. Clearly they knocked him down a bit but they weren't able to remove him from the political scene. He would wipe the floor, with Obama, in a debate with Obama.