Author Topic: Thomas Sowell: Herman Cain More Black Than Barack Obama  (Read 9051 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Thomas Sowell: Herman Cain More Black Than Barack Obama
« on: October 20, 2011, 10:51:45 PM »
Fantastic I hope I can help elect the first African American POTUS!!

Thomas Sowell: Herman Cain More Black Than Barack Obama

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/10/20/thomas_sowell_herman_cain_more_black_than_barack_obama.html

“My gosh, he is certainly one of us far more so than Barack Obama. Raised in Hawaii and going to a private school, an expensive private school," economist Thomas Sowell said on FOX Business.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Thomas Sowell: Herman Cain More Black Than Barack Obama
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 01:09:32 AM »
Al Sharpton on yesterday's Daily Show made pretty much the same point - - Cain was "blacker," being a Southern black and having no interracial parents.

However, he also said that he wouldn't vote for Cain if he were running against a white man, (when, presumably it would be easier to vote for Cain against a white than for Cain against Obama.)  This drew a laugh, because it was obvious that Sharpton was partially kidding - - he'd obviously have to vote for Cain if the white man running against him were the Grand Dragon of the KKK.

He didn't feel Cain has a hope in hell of peeling off black votes from Obama for at least three things that Cain said early in his campaign, the first being that most blacks were brainwashed and ignorant, the next two being equally stupid and ugly, but I forget what they were.  That 999 tax is starting to look dumber and dumber and it's hung like an albatross around Cain's neck.  He's having a lot of trouble defending it in the debates and is starting to look stupid under pressure.  But at this point I can't see him abandoning it without humiliating himself.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 01:14:46 AM »
Uncle Thomas Sowell is hardly any authority on Black people.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 01:20:15 AM »
Calling someone an Uncle Tom is a racist statement.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 01:23:45 AM »
An irony that was lost on me in my first reading.  Thanks, XO.  Too true.  However, be prepared to be called out as a racist by our friends, who have no problem with the racism of Trent Lott and his ilk, but are quick to take offense when a real, honest-to-goodness Uncle Tom is called out.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 01:54:06 AM »
If it makes you happy, when Trent Lott calls Cain or Sowell or any other black man an Uncle Tom, I'll be glad to call him on it

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 06:22:46 AM »
  MT-
   So there is some racism that doesn't bother you ?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 06:51:58 AM »
<<If it makes you happy, when Trent Lott calls Cain or Sowell or any other black man an Uncle Tom, I'll be glad to call him on it>>

Never happen, they're both his team's Uncle Toms.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 06:57:34 AM »
<< MT-
  << So there is some racism that doesn't bother you ?>>

Cleverly put, plane, but no, I am against racism in all its forms.  I just don't consider calling out an Uncle Tom to be racism.  There will always be white racists and there will always be pathetic turncoats among the racial group targeted.  It happened under slavery and it's happening still today.  The fight against racism has to be conducted against all racists, including the Uncle Tom collaborators.  Attempts to dignify the Uncle Toms as "independent" need to be shown up for what they are, just bolstering one of the useful tools that a modern racist needs in his crusade against those of a different skin colour.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 07:54:47 AM »
You don't consider it racist, because you are the one using it, and you can't the racist, because you are liberal.

Do you know why Sowell even weighed in on the issue? Because lily white pundits like Larry O' Donnell from MSNBC have the balls to say Herman Cain is not an authentic Negro.

nigga please

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 09:22:50 AM »
<<You don't consider it racist, because you are the one using it, and you can't the racist, because you are liberal.>>

Exactly.

<<Do you know why Sowell even weighed in on the issue? Because lily white pundits like Larry O' Donnell from MSNBC have the balls to say Herman Cain is not an authentic Negro. >>

NOBODY sez Cain's not an authentic Negro, and Sharpton even said he (Cain) was blacker than Obama.  He also said that he wouldn't vote for Cain even if he were running against a white man.  His skin colour is not the issue, it's his Tom-ness that is. 

I didn't hear what O'Donnell said, but I seriously doubt it was so idiotic as to cast doubt on Cain's authenticity as a black.  He's an authentic black Uncle Tom and if O'Donnell didn't say that, I am sure that's what he meant.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 09:40:12 AM by Michael Tee »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 10:00:50 AM »
The entire issue of who is an "authentic Black man" is absurd, unless you want to get into DNA analysis, which would also be absurd, because this "authenticity" bit is not genetic, it is cultural.

Cain and Sowell are authentically Black. Sowell is paid to be an official rightwing Uncle Tom. Cain is a self-made uncle Tom. Sowell is not worth listening to, and Cain is not worth voting for, at least for me.

BSB

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 10:16:51 AM »
I'm glad to see that everyone is playing their assigned role.

BSB

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 10:20:25 AM »
And neither Cain nor Sowell would be called Uncle Toms unless that was racially based and they deviated from the expected stereotype for that race.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 10:55:30 AM »
It is absurd for White people to discuss the authenticity of Black people.

I observe that I have never heard any Black people discuss which White people were a "credit to their race" other than in jest.

However it is not racist to state that Sowell sucks up to the establishment. Cain actually thinks he is a member of the Oligarchy.

It is a free country, so they can do this.

And because it is a free country, I can ignore both of them.

And I will. Neither will govern this country. And that is fortunate.