Author Topic: New Cain spot  (Read 8118 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Cain spot
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2011, 08:07:20 PM »
Politics is the art of bringing people together in a spirit of compromise. We had one engineer and probable genius as president, Herbert Hoover. He was not a people person, at least when it came to running the country. He was pretty much a disaster.

There was a chance to elect Steve Forbes,and it failed rather pitifully. I am not sure of Forbes' abilities at math. His magazine tends to be overly favorable of anyone who advertises in it, but it is clearly appealing to a target audience.

Cain won't get the nomination. Changing tax laws is not all that appealing. Most people do not do their own taxes, they pay someone else to do them.

We have also elected a Nuclear Engineer, and we were disapointed that time too.
You may have a point , that math skill is not enough alone.
My counter point is that even so the lack of good math skill is critical when so many of our serious problems are mathmatical in nature.
If we elect someone who has to hire a mathmatician , but won't understand the hireling, we will be run by the unelected hireling.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2011, 08:10:12 PM »
Politics is the art of bringing people together in a spirit of compromise. We had one engineer and probable genius as president, Herbert Hoover. He was not a people person, at least when it came to running the country. He was pretty much a disaster.

There was a chance to elect Steve Forbes,and it failed rather pitifully. I am not sure of Forbes' abilities at math. His magazine tends to be overly favorable of anyone who advertises in it, but it is clearly appealing to a target audience.

Cain won't get the nomination. Changing tax laws is not all that appealing. Most people do not do their own taxes, they pay someone else to do them.

We have also elected a Nuclear Engineer, and we were disapointed that time too.
You may have a point , that math skill is not enough alone.
My counter point is that even so the lack of good math skill is critical when so many of our serious problems are mathmatical in nature.
If we elect someone who has to hire a mathmatician , but won't understand the hireling, we will be run by the unelected hireling.

Isn't Cain being a full-blooded black man enough to be qualified for POTUS?

We all know being a mulatto was all Obama needed to win the election back in 2008.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2011, 08:13:50 PM »

We all know being a mulatto was all Obama needed to win the election back in 2008.

Will we eventually show some intrest in content of caricter?

You seem to be saying that we still care more about the color of the skin.

Positive or negative , that is wrong.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2011, 08:35:32 PM »

I'm not voting for Cain because he's black. I could care less what he looks like, what church he attends or doesn't. His character does matter to me. And if his campaign manager smokes that's OK too. I just like Herman Cain for who Herman Cain is.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2011, 08:42:46 PM »

I'm not voting for Cain because he's black. I could care less what he looks like, what church he attends or doesn't. His character does matter to me. And if his campaign manager smokes that's OK too. I just like Herman Cain for who Herman Cain is.

Yes , me too.  I find his biography compelling , his resume includes several skills I wish our leadership had more of and not least of all I appreaciate his roughhewn charm.

I don't actually think he is perfect , but I don't let perfection destroy good.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2011, 08:46:26 PM »

Yes , me too.  I find his biography compelling , his resume includes several skills I wish our leadership had more of and not least of all I appreaciate his roughhewn charm.

I don't actually think he is perfect , but I don't let perfection destroy good.

And another thing about Cain is he will do what's right for all Americans. With Obama it was clear to me from the beginning that he only cares about his group and to hell with you if you aren't in his group.