Author Topic: Occupy Oakland! Dispersed in Brutal Police Attack  (Read 2181 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Occupy Oakland! Dispersed in Brutal Police Attack
« on: October 26, 2011, 06:19:46 PM »
Oakland police first cleared media and cameras and then attacked the protestors with batons, rubber bullets and flash grenades wantonly destroying as much of their personal property as they could by slashing tents with boxcutters and similar destructive actions.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2011/10/26/the-fight-for-autonomy-in-oakland/

The Oakland demo was one of the most openly Revolutionary and class-conscious events that I've ever seen in the US.  CU4 posted a great video in another thread where the demonstrators spoke openly of the Revolution and the class war.  They seemed to be way more advanced in their views than the Occupy Wall Street! people.

As I predicted, the elite are giving the movement time to self-destruct, and if it doesn't, we can expect to see escalating media attacks and then police and National Guard violence up to and including the level of murder reached at Kent State in 1970.  The Man likes to show a genial face, but behind it, he doesn't fool around.  Fuck with the bull and you get the horn.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Occupy Oakland! Dispersed in Brutal Police Attack
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 07:29:59 PM »
When to police tell me to move I get out of their way.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 09:39:18 PM »
<<When to police tell me to move I get out of their way.>>

That's exactly what they were talking about in that article, Death of the American Republic.  You just articulated a classic American compliance with , and demonstration of the meaning of, a Police State.

When the police tell you to move, you move.  They sure as hell aren't controlled by anyone respecting the Constitution any more, who the hell IS controlling them?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 10:34:37 PM »
<<When to police tell me to move I get out of their way.>>

That's exactly what they were talking about in that article, Death of the American Republic.  You just articulated a classic American compliance with , and demonstration of the meaning of, a Police State.

When the police tell you to move, you move.  They sure as hell aren't controlled by anyone respecting the Constitution any more, who the hell IS controlling them?

the protesters made their point, now it's just bothering people and creating more work and costs to the city.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 11:41:56 PM »
Ooops!  My bad.  Just re-checked the article and it appears the mayor had obtained an eviction order, so this was no police-state action.  Everything was apparently constitutional after all.

Still and all, in response to Kramer's "If the police tell me to move, I move," I think the legitimate response is "On what authority?"  Cops don't have the right to arbitrarily order people around on a public space.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 11:46:31 PM »
Cops don't have the right to arbitrarily order people around on a public space.

Except for the fact it wasn't arbitrary; these nuisances were in the way for a few weeks. Their point is made, except for the fact they don't even know their point. It would be arbitrary had I just got into town and was walking around the area with my wife window shopping. Then you could be concerned if the Po PO were harassing me.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 08:07:52 PM »
Ooops!  My bad.  Just re-checked the article and it appears the mayor had obtained an eviction order, so this was no police-state action.  Everything was apparently constitutional after all.

Still and all, in response to Kramer's "If the police tell me to move, I move," I think the legitimate response is "On what authority?"  Cops don't have the right to arbitrarily order people around on a public space.

betcha $100 that the mayor is a liberal Democrat too.