Author Topic: harder than it looks  (Read 2348 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
harder than it looks
« on: January 17, 2007, 02:49:09 PM »
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/CompanyFocus/3CEOsWhoOughtToGo.aspx

the problem is notice how high the pay is,
meaning these businesses seriously at the time needed these men and think they are worth the pay.
so pretty much it`s standard for these men to include in the contract that performance is not tied in to their job and get the best severence packages possible.
it`s gonna be tricky since it`s not like you can make a new hire who don`t need your job to take a paycut
the pool for qualified CEO`s is very very small.
if anything those positions should get phased out and replaced with groups ,like they do in japan to ensure check and balances
just a idea

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: harder than it looks
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 11:02:44 PM »
Kimba---the group idea is great, I didn't know they did that.   Only thing is, I wonder if it would work here.   Whole different ethos there (i hope I'm not misusing that word).  Individual is not as important as the group there, right?  Here, very different.  So maybe we outsource the work to Japanese.  I'm only half-kidding.   
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 01:15:56 AM »
There wouldn't be anything wrong with hireing a Japaneese citizen as a CEO for an American company would there?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 02:07:41 PM »
not sure that would work.
our corporate structure is so diffrerent than japans.
it took quite a few years for the  u.s. business to even handle talking to asian businesses.
lets just say it wasn`t hardly easy.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 02:42:33 PM »
Wouldn't it be funny if the various boards of directors made it a rule that no CEO could be paid more than 40 times the wage of the lowest-paid employee of the company?  Instead of 300 X as it sometimes is now, or so I believe I read. 

Then we might have to outsource the work because "no Americans are willing to do that job."  hahahahahah!
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 02:59:40 PM »
Wouldn't it be funny if the various boards of directors made it a rule that no CEO could be paid more than 40 times the wage of the lowest-paid employee of the company?  Instead of 300 X as it sometimes is now, or so I believe I read. 

As far as I know, there are no rules about CEO compensation. It is entirely up to the board of directors of each company to decide on a CEO's worth to the company.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 03:02:53 PM »
http://www.slate.com/id/2157483/fr/flyout/

to some cases it`s more like not worth doing

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 03:16:49 PM »
http://www.slate.com/id/2157483/fr/flyout/

People without much in the way of skills or education probably prefer to take entry-level jobs at Wal-Mart rather than work at a meat-packing plant, even though it might pay a little less—it's less dangerous and disgusting.

Hmm, and I was told around here that nobody would choose to work at Walmart, because of the way they treat their employees.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 01:53:04 AM »

Then we might have to outsource the work because "no Americans are willing to do that job."  hahahahahah!

If I were CEOand were given tha deal I would raise the pay of the lowest paid , or fire him eight o'clock day one.

This may not be a good deal for the owners of the business.

A CEO who does a really good job is worth really good pay , to the owners , who will benefit a lot from the profits of a well run company.

The comparison should be to big leage piching , a top of the line pitcher can mean more games won and is therefore worth high enough pay to win his efforts at auction aainst other teams.