Author Topic: Again, just imagine if this were Bush and Exxon  (Read 5342 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Again, just imagine if this were Bush and Exxon
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2011, 03:45:42 PM »
Always recalling its not what's reported, near as much as what's NOT reported that continues to validate the pervasive bias of the MSM
--------------------------

For the 33rd consecutive day, ABC's Good Morning America on Tuesday omitted any mention of the Obama administration's Solyndra scandal, even though co-host George Stephanopoulos asked the President about it in an interview on Monday and elicited a newsworthy defense of the more than $500 million loan to the now-bankrupt company.

Tuesday's show instead focused on other questions from the ABCNews / Yahoo! online interview, like the best piece of advice the President has received from his wife and whether or not he would stop Bank of America's new monthly debt card fee.

Stephanopoulos pressed Obama on Monday about his touting of Solyndra as a cornerstone of his stimulus program not even 18 months before it declared bankruptcy. In fact, he even included the exchange in his segment on that evening's ABC World News.

"And for the first time, President Obama had to answer for Solyndra, the solar panel company which failed despite half a million dollars in government loans from the Energy Department," Stephanopoulos touted on Monday's World News. "President Obama had held it up as a model for green jobs and clean energy."

"Do you regret that?" Stephanopoulos asked the President about the Solyndra loan.

"No I don't, because if you look at the overall portfolio of loan guarantees that have been provided, overall it's doing well," Obama answered. "And what we always understood was that not every single business is going to succeed in clean energy," he added, noting that "hindsight is always 20/20."

Good Morning America didn't include that exchange but did air Stephanopoulos lobbying the President from the left to "put a stop" to Bank of America's new debit card fee – something NewsBusters reported on yesterday.

"More than 40,000 questions came in online for the President, most expressing anxiety and anger about the economy, including outrage about Bank of America's five dollar debt card fee," Stephanopoulos reported Tuesday morning. "Vicki Menkel wrote, 'Those are the types of things government should get involved in and put a stop to.'" ABC then played his question to the President: "Can you put a stop to that?"

"Well you can stop it," Obama answered, "because if you say to the banks you don't have some inherent right just to get a certain amount of profit, if your customers are being mistreated – and my hope is that you're going to see a bunch of the banks who say to themselves, you know what? This is actually not good business practice."

A transcript of the segment, which aired on October 4 at 7:10 a.m. EDT, is as follows:

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Now to politics. "Your Voice, Your Vote." And a brand new ABC News/Washington Post poll that has some pretty startling results, especially for former GOP frontrunner Rick Perry. He's dropped like a rock since our last poll into a second place tie with businessman Herman Cain. Mitt Romney out front now with a steady 25 percent.

It's a tough poll for President Obama too. His approval rating down to 42 percent, the lowest of his presidency. And for the first time a majority of Americans believe that he will be a one-term president. So when I sat down with the President at the White House yesterday to kick off the new partnership between ABC News and Yahoo, that's where I began.

(Video Clip)

STEPHANOPOULOS: Are you the underdog now?

President BARACK OBAMA: Absolutely. The – because, you know, because given the economy, there's no doubt that whatever happens on your watch you've got –

STEPHANOPOULOS: You embraced that pretty quickly.

OBAMA: You know, I don't mind. I – I'm used to being an underdog. And I think that at the end of the day, though, what people are going to say is who's got a vision for the future that can actually help ordinary families re-capture that American dream.

STEPHANOPOULOS: There's so many people who simply don't think they're better off than they were four years ago. How do you convince them that they are?

OBAMA: Well I don't think they're better off than they were four years ago. They're not better off than they were before Lehman's collapsed, before the financial crisis, before this extraordinary recession that we're going through. What we've seen is that we've been able to make steady progress to stabilize the economy, but the unemployment rate is still way too high. And that's why it's so critical for us to make sure that we are taking every action we can take to put people back to work.

STEPHANOPOULOS: (Voice-over) More than 40,000 questions came in online for the President, most expressing anxiety and anger about the economy, including outrage at Bank of America's five dollar debt card fee. Vicki Menkel wrote, "Those are the types of things government should get involved in and put a stop to."

(To Obama) Can you put a stop to that?

OBAMA: Well what we did was we put a stop through the Financial Reform Act of them charging fees for credit cards.

STEPHANOPOULOS: And the banks are saying that's creating these new charges –

(Crosstalk)

OBAMA: Well – what the banks are saying is that rather than take a little bit less of a profit, rather than paying multi-million dollar bonuses, let's treat our customers right. And this is exactly why we need this Consumer Finance Protection Bureau that we set up, that is ready to go –

STEPHANOPOULOS: Can you stop this service charge?

OBAMA: Well you can stop it because if you say to the banks you don't have some inherent right just to get a certain amount of profit, if your customers are being mistreated – and my hope is, is that you're going to see a bunch of the banks who say to themselves, you know what? This is actually not good business practice.

STEPHANOPOULOS: One of your potential opponents, Chris Christie, governor of New Jersey, very tough speech at the Reagan Library last week, he said you don't have the courage to lead, and he asked –

(Video Clip)

Governor CHRIS CHRISTIE, (R-N.J.): What happened to state Senator Obama? When did he decide to become one of the dividers he spoke so eloquently of in 2004?

(End Video Clip)

OBAMA: Well look, if the guy's thinking about running for President, he's going to say a lot of stuff. And I think in the Republican primaries saying nasty stuff about me is probably polls pretty well.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But he basically says he did in New Jersey brought people together, which you haven't been able to do in Washington.

OBAMA: Well, I'm not sure that folks in New Jersey necessarily would agree with that, but here's the broader point – I don't think that the American people would dispute that at every step of the way, I have done everything I can to try to get the Republican Party to work with me, and each time all we've gotten from them is no.

STEPHANOPOULOS: (Voice-over) But this weekend, a little break from politics. The first couple celebrated their 19th wedding anniversary. The President says the best piece of advice he got from Michelle, that the mark of success comes from having happy and loving children.

(To Obama) How do you protect them, this time around when everybody's saying all these bad things about you?

OBAMA: You know, so far so good. They know who their daddy is. The thing I do worry about is trying to figure out that balance of making sure they've got space to make mistakes, be teenagers. So they're still going to the mall and they're still going to movies, but they've got this guy with a gun following –

(Laughter)

STEPHANOPOULOS: (Voice-over) And for those of you who wanted to know where the President goes online –

(To Obama) Which websites do you surf?

OBAMA: You know, I'm pretty eclectic.

STEPHANOPOULOS: You have an Ipad?

OBAMA: I've got an Ipad, and Steve Jobs actually gave it to me a little bit early. And –

STEPHANOPOULOS: Oh, that's pretty cool.

OBAMA: Yeah, it was cool. I got it directly from him. You know, typically I read on the web what I read in hard copy. I mean, there are some exceptions, there are some blogs and some websites that are interesting, that you don't have –

STEPHANOPOULOS: You ever feel compelled to make a comment?

OBAMA: You know, I don't. I figure if I got started I wouldn't stop, and I've got other things to do.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Mr. President, thanks for your time.

OBAMA: I appreciate it, thank you so much.

Shhhhhhhhhh
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2011, 11:27:02 PM »
It really is difficult to find equivelence.

You would need scandals not only of equal seriousness , but also of equal credability.

George Bush was accused of draft dodgery and Dan Rather believed a forged document.
      President Obama has been accused of forgeing his citizenship and forging a document.

Is this an equivelently credable set? Maybe not?

Do we have a unit of measurement for the seriousness and belivability of accusation?

If we invent a matrix for measurment of credability and seriousness do we get to name the measurement unit?

Lets call the unit "Rathers".

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2011, 01:02:39 AM »
I'm pleased to see you bring up this comparison Plane.  Tell me, what MSM outlet has been pushing the Citizenship controversy?  Can you point out a predomiant MSM anchor using his MSM credentials, as some supposed form of credibility, in pushing the questioning of Obama's citizenship??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2011, 05:34:36 AM »

Credance is subjective.

Gotta metric?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2011, 11:06:59 AM »
No, but I got milk      ;)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2011, 07:24:30 PM »
And imagine if it was a majority GOP Senate that tabled Obama's save-my-job's-bill
------------------------------------------------------------

Democratic Obstruction of Obama's Jobs Bill Elicits Yawns From the Networks
By: Scott Whitlock
Thursday, October 06, 2011

The network newscasts on Wednesday downplayed Democratic obstruction of Barack Obama's jobs bill, offering only minor coverage. Good Morning America and Early Show allowed brief mentions. In an otherwise unrelated segment, GMA's Jon Karl admitted that the President "has a problem with [congressional] Democrats."

Karl added, "Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said yesterday, he does not plan to have a vote on the jobs bill in its entirety, rather he's gonna try to pass bits and pieces of it."

CBS's Early Show highlighted the President's complaints about Republicans. Reporter Bill Plante explained,  "...[Obama] attacked Republican Majority Leader Eric Cantor by name for not passing his jobs bill and bringing it to the floor."

Yet, not until the very end of the segment did Plante acknowledge, "But meantime, over in the Senate, Democrats have admitted they don't yet have the votes to pass the bill."

When prospects for the legislation were brighter, on September 12, Early Show devoted three segments to the jobs bill, all of them from the Democratic perspective. No Republicans were featured.

On that day, Plante played up how "the corrosively nasty debate over raising the debt ceiling soured the public, and they let members of Congress know that when they were back home."

The Daily Caller explained the latest developments:

For all of President Obama’s insistence that Congress must “pass this bill now,” and Democrats’ assurances that they have the votes necessary to pass it, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid was in no mood to vote on the president’s jobs-creation bill Tuesday afternoon.

Reid blocked a vote on Obama’s jobs bill after Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell made a motion to add it as an amendment to a bill being heard on the floor.

Network mentions of Democrats holding up the jobs bill follow:

GMA
10/05/11
7:14       

JON KARL: As for President Obama, he took his campaign to pass his jobs bill to the heart of Rick Perry territory, in Mesquite, Texas. And he used the opportunity to blast Congress for not getting the job done.

BARACK OBAMA: Some folks are living day to day. They need action on jobs, and they need it now.  They want Congress to do what they were elected to do.  They want Congress to do their job.

JON KARL: The President had been beating up on Republicans for not passing that jobs bill, but he also has a problem with Democrats. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said yesterday, he does not plan to have a vote on the jobs bill in its entirety, rather he's gonna try to pass bits and pieces of it. Elizabeth?

8:02

JOSH ELLIOTT: The holdup on the President's jobs bill right now is from Senate Democrats. They want to include a tax increase for millionaires.

CBS

10/05/2011
07:07 am EDT
CBS - The Early Show

CHRIS WRAGGE: We now go to Washington, DC, where President Obama's jobs bill is going nowhere in Congress, and the President is blaming one key Republican leader. CBS News senior White House correspondent Bill Plante has the latest on the jobs fight for us this morning. Bill, good morning.

BILL PLANTE: Good morning to you, Chris. Well, the President was in his new campaign mode- aggressive and confrontational- and he attacked Republican Majority Leader Eric Cantor by name for not passing his jobs bill and bringing it to the floor.

[CBS News Graphic: "Calling Out Cantor: President Gets Tough On GOP Leader"]

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: Eric Cantor said that, right now, he won't even let this jobs bill have a vote in the House of Representatives. Think about that. I mean, what's the problem? Do they not have the time? (audience laughs) They just had a week off. Is it inconvenient?

PLANTE (voice-over): The President was just getting warmed up. He then went after unnamed members of Congress for saying they shouldn't pass the bill because it would give him a win.

OBAMA: Give me a win? Give me a break! (audience laughs and applauds) That's why folks are fed up with Washington. This isn't about giving me a win. This is about giving people who are hurting a win.

PLANTE: The White House says the American Jobs Act is a mix of spending measures and tax breaks, to help bring down the unemployment rate. On 'The Early Show' less than a month ago, Cantor sounded ready to deal.

REP. ERIC CANTOR, HOUSE MAJORITY LEADER (from September 9 interview on CBS's "The Early Show"): And I think now the country's really ready for us to set aside those differences, and try and build consensus, reach commonality, and see if we can produce a bill that does help job creation.

PLANTE: But earlier this week, Cantor rebelled against the President's demand to pass his entire jobs bill, saying, effectively, it's dead. The Republicans oppose the bill mainly because there would be new taxes in it. They're also against any proposed stimulus spending.

REP. JOHN BOEHNER, SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE (from press conference): Nobody gets everything they want. I don't get everything I want. And I think the President understands the legislative process.

PLANTE (on-camera): Well, the President is going to keep up that drum beat, though, urging the House to take up the bill. But meantime, over in the Senate, Democrats have admitted they don't yet have the votes to pass the bill. Chris?

WRAGGE: CBS's Bill Plante at the White House for us this morning- Bill, thank you.

Article

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2011, 01:53:46 PM »
Always recalling its not what's reported, near as much as what's NOT reported that continues to validate the pervasive bias of the MSM
--------------------------

Networks Keeping Viewers In the Dark on Solyndra Scandal
ABC, CBS and NBC Bury News of Taxpayer Money Squandered on Obama-Linked Solar Energy Company
By: Rich Noyes
Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A study by the Media Research Center finds that the three broadcast networks are providing virtually no coverage of the Solyndra scandal, a solar energy firm that went bankrupt after getting more than $500 million in taxpayer money from the Obama administration. This is not the approach the networks took after the collapse of Enron, an energy company with Republican ties. In just the first two months of 2002, the ABC, CBS and NBC evening newscasts cranked out 198 stories on the Enron debacle, compared to just eight so far on Solyndra, a 24-to-1 disparity.

Friday night — in a classic and cynical news management strategy — the administration disgorged e-mails showing a top Obama fund-raiser and Energy Department official, Steven Spinner — who had supposedly recused himself from Solyndra’s loan application because his wife worked at a law firm representing the solar energy company — had badgered his colleagues to approve the deal.

One e-mail exchange published by The Politico demanded to know: “Any word on OMB? [the Office of Management and Budget] I have the O.V.P. [Office of the Vice President] and W.H. [White House] breathing down my neck on this....How hard is this? What is he waiting for?”

Even though these e-mails were sensational enough to make it onto the front-page of Saturday’s New York Times, ABC, CBS and NBC never found a moment over the long Columbus Day weekend to mention any of this, just as they skipped news earlier in the week that Jonathan Silver, who ran the Department of Energy loan program that handed more than $500 million in taxpayer money to Solyndra, had resigned. When two Solyndra executives took the Fifth Amendment before a congressional committee in late September, ABC and NBC skipped that news, too, while CBS offered a whopping 25 seconds of coverage.

A review of the ABC, CBS and NBC morning and evening news shows by the Media Research Center found just fifteen stories mentioning the Solyndra scandal since its August 31 bankruptcy filing — eight on the evening newscasts (four full reports plus another four brief anchor-read items) and seven on the morning news shows (five full reports and two brief items). The network total coverage over nearly six weeks: just 25 minutes, 30 seconds, or less than 0.2% of the available network news airtime.

That’s remarkably paltry compared to what one imagines the coverage would have been if a Republican administration had funneled that much government cash to a company dominated by political allies (the company’s biggest investor, George Kaiser, bundled more than $50,000 in contributions for the President’s 2008 campaign, and visited the White House four times before the loan from the Department of Energy was finalized).

While the networks are treating Solyndra as just a minor blip on Obama’s radar screen, the scandal exposes deep flaws in the President’s economic and environmental approaches. And, the media’s lackadaisical attitude is a vivid example of their ever-more partisan approach to covering Washington politics:

The Failure of Obama’s “Stimulus” Spending Spree: The taxpayer money for Solyndra came from Obama’s “stimulus,” and back in 2009 the media cheered the administration’s plan to massively increase government spending in order to jump start the economy. MRC’s analysis showed nearly six out of ten network news stories (58%) tilted in favor of the big government approach as Congress debated it at the time (January 20 through February 14, 2009). In the year after it passed, the networks grew even more skewed, with more than 70% of stories applauding the stimulus as good economic medicine.

The presumption that government spending would create the jobs it promised was too good to check, and network reporters passed along the administration’s claims of success. Typical was then-CBS anchor Katie Couric, who enthusiastically chirped on the March 6, 2009 Evening News: “We’ll show you the new jobs his stimulus plan is creating.”

Two years later, a review by the MRC’s Business & Media Institute found virtually no network stories (just 2% out of 589) reminding viewers how the original White House pitch for new spending included the idea that it would keep unemployment from rising higher than 8%. In fact, the unemployment rate has been above 8% for the past 32 months, since February 2009.

Statistics show that stimulus money was overwhelmingly directed toward projects in Democratic congressional districts, not Republican ones. Even for those who believe that government spending can boost economic growth, that’s a red flag suggesting money was handed out to pet causes and constituencies, not to those who could necessarily use it most wisely. Yet the networks have yet to seize on Solyndra’s Democratic ties to more broadly question how Obama’s stimulus dollars were actually spent.

Green Jobs Are an Even Bigger Failure: As for the “green jobs” that would result from showering cash on companies like Solyndra, the Washington Post crunched the numbers in September 2011 and found failure: Instead of creating 65,000 jobs, as promised, the $38 billion loan program which included Solyndra could only claim 3,545 jobs.

Yet, as the MRC documented, the network coverage of the “green jobs” concept has been even more lopsided than coverage of the stimulus overall. Skepticism has been virtually non-existent. “We have gotten the message. Green-collar jobs are the wave of the future,” co-host Diane Sawyer cheered ABC’s Good Morning America back on April 15, 2009. Out of 52 network stories that mentioned the administration’s “green jobs” program, only four (8%) bothered to include any critics at all.

Conservatives have criticized the entire Obama concept as antithetical to a free market. “When government takes $535 million and invests in a loser, it not only wastes taxpayer money but it also denies that capital to some other project in the private economy that might have succeeded. The Solyndra e-mails show how ill-equipped government is to predict the industries of the present, much less the future,” a Wall Street Journal editorial declared on Monday.

Yet in the 15 stories since the company’s bankruptcy, not one has included the suggestion that Solyndra’s failure casts any doubt on the administration’s green jobs campaign. Instead, the networks have maintained the Obama administration’s line that the scandal is an isolated matter, an aberration that should not be seen as impugning the overall record.

Double-Standard Scorecard: Bush/Enron, 198; Obama/Solyndra, 8: Solyndra went bankrupt in 2011 after taking $500 million in direct government loans. In late 2001, the energy giant Enron went bankrupt, and it quickly emerged that the Bush administration had refused pleas from company executives to provide a taxpayer-funded bailout.

Yet the networks attempted to twist that story of corporate fraud into one of political malfeasance by stressing an imagined link between the Bush administration and the company’s corruption. “Enron’s connections to the Bush administration, wide and deep,” ABC anchor Peter Jennings intoned on January 10, 2002. Over on MSNBC that night, future NBC anchor Brian Williams hyped it as “the story some are already calling Bush’s Whitewater.”

In just the first two months of 2002, the ABC, CBS and NBC evening newscasts cranked out 198 stories on the Enron debacle, many about the potential entanglement of the Bush White House. Such feeding-frenzy coverage dwarfs the eight stories those broadcasts have devoted so far to Solyndra’s demise, a 24-to-1 disparity. Yet the Solyndra case involves the actual transfer of more than $500 million to a company whose largest investor, George Kaiser, was a major Obama campaign bundler (raising in between $50,000 and $100,000 for the President’s 2008 campaign).

And Obama’s Energy Department took the unusual step of restructuring the loan to Solyndra, so that private investors would be paid off before taxpayers in the event of a bankruptcy. According to e-mails released Friday, Treasury Department officials warned that such an arrangement might require a Justice Department ruling, but were ignored.

The few stories that have reached the air have been fairly tough. ABC’s Brian Ross, for example, painted the administration as deceitful in a September 14 World News report: “This year, even as Solyndra approached bankruptcy, the company and the White House kept it a secret, telling Congress and the workers everything was going great until the day it shut its doors.”

But the networks’ minimalist approach to this scandal seems designed to ensure that many Americans never even hear about Solyndra. A Pew Research Center survey in late September (after most of the stories aired) found 43% of respondents had never even heard of the scandal.

The media touted their adversarial, watchdog approach during the Bush years. If the Solyndra case is any indication, those once-aggressive reporters are now contented lapdogs snoozing at Obama’s feet.

Shhhhhhhhhh...don't look here, look at all those protesters marching on Wall Street and their bailouts...dolled out by Obama and company
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:26:51 PM by sirs »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2011, 04:53:25 PM »
   Do you need further explanation of the FOX networks success?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2011, 03:16:06 PM »
Nope

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2011, 07:22:09 PM »
-------------------------------------------------------------
ABC Exposes Govt. Loan to Build Cars in Finland, Skips Company's Ties to Dem Fundraisers

ABC's Brian Ross on Friday investigated a $500 million government loan to a car company that is now operating in Finland. Ross highlighted how Vice President Joe Biden in 2009 claimed this would create jobs in America.

Yet, the Good Morning America reporter left out a key component for the network version of the story: Fisker, the European car company involved, have ties to big Obama campaign bundlers.

Ross began the segment by explaining to viewers: "[Henrik] Fisker got a federal loan two years ago of more than $500 million, with Vice President Joseph Biden saying the company would employ auto workers in his home state, Delaware." Yet, the 500 jobs created are in Finland, not the United States. 

However, while ABC, in partnership with the Center for Public Integrity, should be commended for covering this story, the GMA version left out an important connection. This information did appear in Ross' online version of the story at The Blotter

One of Fisker's biggest financial supporters, records show, is the California venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. The firm financially supports numerous green-tech firms, records show.

Kleiner Perkins partner John Doerr, a California billionaire who made a fortune investing in Google, hosted President Obama at a February dinner for high-tech executives at his secluded estate south of San Francisco. Doerr and Kleiner Perkins executives have contributed more than $1 million to federal political causes and campaigns over the last two decades, primarily supporting Democrats. Doerr serves on Obama's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness. Doerr has not replied to interview requests since March.

Former Vice President Al Gore is another Kleiner Perkins senior partner. Gore could not be reached for comment.

Also absent on GMA is any indication of the similarities between the Fisker case and Solyndra. Ross broke the Solyndra scandal. Then, ABC promptly began to ignore its own scoop.

Ross' Fisker story will be featured again on Friday's World News and Nightline. Perhaps the Obama campaign bundler connection will be made there.

Don't hold your breath

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2011, 03:06:34 PM »
...Or Bush and Tommy Thompson.  Always recalling its not what's reported, near as much as what's NOT reported that continues to validate the pervasive bias of the MSM
-----------------------------------------------------

If a private health insurer had engaged in the kind of criminal obstruction that Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius has been tied to in her home state of Kansas, it would be a federal case. Instead, it's a non-story in the Washington press. Nothing to see here. Move along.

On Monday, a district judge in the Sunflower State suspended court proceedings in a high-profile criminal case against the abortion racketeers of Planned Parenthood. World Magazine, a Christian news publication, reported on new bombshell court filings showing that Kansas health officials "shredded documents related to felony charges the abortion giant faces." World Magazine reported: "The health department failed to disclose that fact for six years, until it was forced to do so in the current felony case over whether it manufactured client records."

The records are at the heart of the fraud case against Planned Parenthood. Kansas health bureaucrats now shrug that the destruction of these key documents -- which they sheepishly admitted had "certain idiosyncrasies" -- was "routine." Who oversaw the agency accused of destroying the evidence six years ago? Sebelius.

As governor of Kansas, Sebelius fought transparency motions in the proceedings tooth and nail for years. Prosecutors allege a long-running heinous cover-up to manufacture false records of patients who had late-term abortions -- and to whitewash Planned Parenthood's systemic failures to report child rape.

Former GOP state Attorney General Phill Kline's investigation turned up massive discrepancies in reported child rape statistics compared to Planned Parenthood and the late late-term abortionist George Tiller's bogus claims. Planned Parenthood of Overland Park and Tiller together performed abortions on 166 girls aged 14 and under and only reported one each to authorities. So, 164 cases of underage rape or statutory rape went unreported and were not investigated by authorities.

Where is Joe Biden to decry actual rape atrocities and Nancy Pelosi to decry dire hazards to women's health when we need them?

A Kansas district judge found probable cause of criminality in the abortion providers' records; another district judge found probable cause to believe Planned Parenthood committed 107 criminal acts. Sebelius' response? A bloody ideological soul mate of Tiller's, she launched a vengeful witch-hunt against Kline. The state ethics board accused him of lying. The left-wing state Supreme Court Sebelius appointed stymied Kline's subpoenas and appeals.

Kline was cleared of all ethics violations. In fact, for 20 full months, the state's disciplinary board for lawyers suppressed an internal investigative report concluding there was zero probable cause to justify the ethics complaints.

Where there's obstructionist smoke, there's corruption fire. Under Sebelius' watch as governor, an inspector general also reported that her appointed health policy board had "applied pressure to alter an audit report, restricted access to legal advice and threatened to fire her for meeting independently with legislators," according to the Topeka Capital-Journal.

Entirely fitting, of course. The war on whistleblowers and inspectors general has been a hallmark of the current White House. And the radically pro-abortion rights Sebelius has ruled ruthlessly from her Beltway perch:
policing citizen critics of Obamacare through a taxpayer-funded Internet snitch brigade;
threatening private companies and insurers who have increased rates to cope with Obamacare coverage mandates;
lashing out at newspapers who dare report on the costly consequences of the federal law.

As she bullies private companies to meet discriminatory and arbitrary disclosure demands, Sebelius has yet to be held accountable for overseeing state government agencies that conspired to hide the deadly truth about the Big Government/Big Abortion alliance from taxpayers. Like her boss in Washington, Sebelius' political playbook has a single page: Destroy the messenger.