Author Topic: Let's see how often this is repeated vs reported  (Read 3287 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Let's see how often this is repeated vs reported
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2011, 02:09:45 AM »
I know politicians play politics.  That's not where my beef is, if you haven't been paying attention.  But I know you have, which makes your "technical" defense pretty flimsy
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2011, 02:28:26 AM »
No your beef is with bias in the media and then to prove it you provide an article that doesn't show bias. I don't think you have earned any snark rights on this thread. But feel free to remain giddy.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2011, 03:09:59 AM »
By all means, continue to misreperesent everything I've clearly said.  Everything from claiming how posing of the story from a far lesser source than one of the biggies, like the NYTimes supposedly refutes my point about MSM bias, to how my criticisms is tantamount to advocating anti-speech legislation

It's something you've apparently developed a fondness for
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2011, 03:39:18 AM »
By all means, continue to misreperesent everything I've clearly said.  Everything from claiming how posing of the story from a far lesser source than one of the biggies, like the NYTimes supposedly refutes my point about MSM bias, to how my criticisms is tantamount to advocating anti-speech legislation

It's something you've apparently developed a fondness for

Well i don't see how i can misrepresent your post when you did in fact post an article from the Hill that disputed your allegations of bias. If it was such an unworthy publication why did you choose it. What is even stranger is the Hill at one time had in for GWB running stories about how he was a dry drunk and all, yet they had the professional responsibility to point out the error of the admins misuse of GOP Congressional slurs.

I have rarely seen a poster shoot his own messenger when they are questioned on their point, but you did. Congratulations. Novel tactic.

And i am curious if there is an end game to this bias campaign you are on, because i see a lot of complaining but few suggestions for improvements.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 03:49:20 AM by BT »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2011, 03:50:00 AM »
No, as I already clearly stated, which you continue to try to turn upside down, the article was in a far lesser news source, and the fact its NOT being reported in the far larger and more predominant sources, like the Washington Post, nor a peep heard on any of the major news networks, is precisely the butressing I've demonstrated in presenting just the latest bias effort.

The question then has been WILL the more predominant sources follow-up with their own reporting, or will it go ignored.  Why you keep ignoring precisely that major point, and instead trying to affix that the article posted supposedly refutes it, is the misrepresentation in question

And I have no end game.  Never have despite your continued efforts to imply I must have one, be it legislation or some other form of regulation of the press.  You keep pushing that misrepresenting tactic as well.  Then when I repeat the prior point, now I'm playing the victim card......that you can't be bothered to demonstrate either.

Must be nice to sit there and throw all forms of allegations at me, and see if something, anything sticks.  I have to wonder why I've been blessed with such a calling of yours
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 12:17:33 PM by sirs »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2011, 03:58:02 AM »
No, as I already clearly stated, which you continue to try to turn upside down, the article was in a far lesser news source, and the fact its NOT being reported in the far larger and more predominant sources, like the Washington, nor a peep heard on any of the major news networks, is precisely the butressing I've demonstrated in prsenting just the latest bias effort.

Well i certainly see why you abandoned your original source of this alledged non bias- them being a second rate publication and all.

The question then has been WILL the more predominant sources follow-up with their own reporting, or will it go ignored.  Why you keep ignoring precisely that major point, and instead trying to affix that the article posted supposedly refutes it, is the misrepresentation in question

I have no idea if they will or not. I know the difference between the generic Congress and the two houses.

And I have no end game.  Never have despite your continued efforts to imply I must have one, be it legislation or some other form of regulation of the press.  You keep pushing that misrepresenting tactic as well.  Then when I repeat the prior point, now I'm playing the victim card......that you can't be bothered to demonstrate either.

Hard to see how you aren't claiming some sort of victim hood, if all you are willing to do is complain and not offer solutions.

Must be nice to sit there and throw all forms of allegations at me, and see if something, anything sticks.  I have to wonder why I've been blessed with such a calling of yours

Poor baby, BT is picking on you. Bet you think this song is about you.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2011, 04:24:20 AM »
Well, at least your gross misrepresentations are consistent.  As long as it makes you feel good, keep up the good work