Author Topic: News from Occupy Westside  (Read 2047 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
News from Occupy Westside
« on: November 04, 2011, 06:28:02 AM »
Here at Occupy Westside things have been pretty peaceful the last few days. The police presence is limited to a drive by a couple of times a day, and the closest we have seen to tear gas is their exhaust fumes. The protester is pretty calm and serene, with a kitchen to fix his own dinner and a bed to sleep in. There is even a streetlight on the corner of the yard to help prevent the crime that is appearing in so any other Occupy sites.

The other night some like minded people dropped by in small groups. These people all came out in favor of free food, free places to live, free handouts - especially the free handouts, every one came with a bag or sack or plastic pumpkin they thrust out greedily, wanting more free goodies. They don't believe in large banks or trading companies or Wall Street....in fact I doubt most have heard of them.

Thus the peaceful protest goes on...
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: News from Occupy Westside
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 03:53:57 PM »
Please hum a little Kumbaya.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 08:09:58 PM »
Actually been playing Southern Rock - The South Gonna Do It Again, Freebird, Long Haired Redneck...I can play ya Dixie on the harmonica.

Been drinking Guinness, thought, 'cause PBR and Bud taste like stud horse piss with the foam farted off.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 08:16:56 PM »
Actually been playing Southern Rock - The South Gonna Do It Again, Freebird, Long Haired Redneck...I can play ya Dixie on the harmonica.

Been drinking Guinness, thought, 'cause PBR and Bud taste like stud horse piss with the foam farted off.

I gave up domestic beer probably 25 years ago. I'd rather not drink any beer than a domestic. That would include crap like Samuel Adams. English made Samuel Smith Organic Lager has a great taste.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 03:27:23 AM »
Well, Change Bank Day has come and gone, but we here at Occupy Westside are proud to note we have been 'way ahead of the curve on this one. We have been banking with a local credit union for years, with nary a check fee or ATM fee* all that time. Loan rates are better than the banks, too. Unfortunately, our home loan was originally with a smaller local back 'way back when, and they got bought out, 'n' the mortgage gpot bundled and resold a couple times, so now it is with one of them mega-banks everyone is trying to get away from. Sonsabitches want me to either open an account with them in order to make an electronic payment, so they can charge me more fees, or pay a $12.50 fee to make an electronic payment from my credit union. No sirree Bob, not me. I'll keep sending 'em paper checks.

Sonsabitches can go suck eggs for all I'm concerned.

*I meant to mention also that there is an abundance of ATM's, both their standalones and others within their network.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 03:32:33 AM by hnumpah »