Author Topic: The Cain Gingrich Discussion  (Read 7319 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
The Cain Gingrich Discussion
« on: November 05, 2011, 09:23:09 PM »
I wouldn't call it a debate, i would call it a very informative discussion.

http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN/

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Cain Gingrich Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 10:07:25 PM »
That's exactly what this type of event is. A discussion...

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 10:44:05 PM »
This was a very refreshing discussion. I could see Newt now take the second spot in polling and Romney drop to third. A Cain/Newt ticket sits very well with me. And so does a Romney/Christie ticket. I guess it depends how much change people are looking for.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 10:46:04 PM »
This was a very refreshing discussion. I could see Newt now take the second spot in polling and Romney drop to third. A Cain/Newt ticket sits very well with me. And so does a Romney/Christie ticket. I guess it depends how much change people are looking for.

Cain/Newt or Newt/Cain

Ultimately

Any Repub over Obama

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 11:52:48 PM »
Fickle Kramer: first Palin, then Trump, then Bachmann, then Perry and Cain, and now Gingrich.

And of course any candidate who changes his mind will be called a "flip flopper".
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 11:58:37 PM »
We have many good candidates. I am fine with any of them as well.

You supported Kucinich, then Hillary, then Obama. Are you a hypocrite?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 12:03:06 AM »
I am not a flip flopper. I do not criticize any candidate for changing his mind for a logical motive. In the case you mentioned, I was simply voting for the candidate that best mirrored my views. I realize that it is silly to write in the name of a candidate that is not actually running and cannot win because of a loss in the primaries.

In the case of Kramer's being so fickle there seems to be no logical or pragmatic reason. It is like he fancies the person who screams the loudest.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 11:25:16 AM »
Cain/Gingrich in 2012?

Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich were on stage together in what was billed as a classic Lincoln-Douglas style debate. As I sat and watched the entire event, I came away with one vivid impression: Did I just finish watching the Republican presidential ticket in 2012? Cain/Gingrich? Don?t laugh. It could happen. Romney has a ceiling of support and Rick Perry seems stuck in neutral.

Herman Cain?s poll numbers continue to impress and like Ronald Reagan, he seems to have a Teflon quality to him. [Yep, this is true. -R.R.] Gingrich is steadily rising in the polls due to the fact that voters are starting to realize that this guy is REALLY smart and is an idea factory. Could this be a ticket that provides both style and substance?

First of all, let?s start with this: They both respect each other and genuinely have a heartfelt friendship. Plus, for those voters concerned with Cain?s policy chops bringing on Gingrich could placate some wary voters. When I watched them on stage together Saturday night you could tell that Cain would LOVE to have Gingrich as his VP candidate. He even gave a big hint when he asked Gingrich the following question:

Herman Cain to Newt Gingrich: ?If you were Vice President of the United States, what would you want the President to assign you to do first? (Gingrich then began to laugh heartily)

Both of these men have triggered something inside the hearts of voters. They both strike a chord when they go after the liberal media but it?s much more than that. Voters seem attracted to Newt for various reasons including his bluntness and a capacity to offer big ideas to solve big problems. Every event I go to people seem to gravitate to him because he is coming across as a serious candidate for a serious time in America. As for Herman Cain, people simply like him and his no-nonsense approach. The more they hear him the more they are starting to realize that while he doesn?t have the policy wonkish knowledge of Gingrich they do seem to believe he has good judgment and the ability to surround himself with the smartest people around.

Maybe Cain and Gingrich should take their Lincoln-Douglas style debates on the road. Make it a bi-weekly road show. Should they look into printing 2012 General Election signage too?

http://blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/archive/2011/11/05/caingingrich-in-2012.aspx

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 11:28:22 AM »
  If they don't win the office , they could still hoast a pretty good talk show.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 11:30:39 AM »
They are the Tea Party's answer to Cheech and Chong, quite clearly. What Cheech and Chong are to pot, they are to sexual harrassment and philandering.

Less funny, less substantative, but perhaps a potential lecher affinity group.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 11:32:56 AM »
Who did Newt philander on and when?

What did Cain say that was sexual harassment and to whom?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 11:37:16 AM »
Newt philandered on wife No.1 and Wife no 2. You can look up the dates.

Whatever Cain did, the NRA paid $80,000 to keep it out of the press, then they fired his lecherous ass.

There are 300 million people in this country. We can do better than either one of these turkeys. If Newt is so damn smart, let Romney hire him as an adviser. He is unemployed and surely available. But he is very, very annoying. There is a reason the GOP canned him, just like there is a reason the NRA canned Cain.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 11:40:48 AM »
Newt philandered on wife No.1 and Wife no 2. You can look up the dates.

Proof?

Whatever Cain did

You said he committed sexual harrassment. What exactly did he say?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 11:44:49 AM »
Look it up. Do your homework. Both these guys are lechers in the public's mind now. It is not a court of law.

I don't vote in Republican primaries. I would not vote for either of their sorry asses even if they were not lechers.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 11:48:47 AM »
Look it up. Do your homework.

You made an accusation and you have to back it up. If not, it's not true.