Author Topic: XO - re chickenshit vs chickenfeed  (Read 5649 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
XO - re chickenshit vs chickenfeed
« on: November 06, 2011, 08:49:11 PM »
I forget which thread it was where you corrected me on the use of chickenshit for chickenfeed, but you were absolutely right and I forgot to thank you for it.

Thanks.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: XO - re chickenshit vs chickenfeed
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 08:51:31 PM »
I forget which thread it was where you corrected me on the use of chickenshit for chickenfeed, but you were absolutely right and I forgot to thank you for it.

Thanks.

It's always a good idea to know the diff between food & shit.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 09:05:58 PM »
Good thing I'm not a chicken, then.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 09:09:28 PM »
Good thing I'm not a chicken, then.

yeah but BSB aka Dave has called you a chicken more than once.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 09:13:01 PM »
Bin called worse things by better people.  NBD

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 09:18:44 PM »
Bin called worse things by better people.  NBD

"No Doot Aboot It"

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 11:08:55 PM by Plane »

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 01:24:56 AM »
not a surprise to me, I know quite a few farmers and ranchers and seriously if raiding graves to use the bodies as a cheap source of cattlesfeed is doable. it would be done. these guys are fairly somewhat borderline amoral. lets just say I don`t know any who would turndown using a lawnmower on kittens. Farmers are mostly friendly it`s that remainder you got to be worried.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 01:29:13 AM »
You are quite welcome, MT.

There are a number of animals that are coprophagous. Many rodents digest their food in two stages: they first poop out shiny soft pellets and shortly afterward eat those. The second time, the poop comes out in hard round balls.

I know this because my daughter had several pet bunnies, and my sister had a hamster and a gerbil or two.
I have heard that this is why rodents are trayf (non kosher)

Chickens, and most birds, are not noted for being all that careful of what or where they eat, either. Fortunately, early rabbis and priests apparently did not watch them all that carefully. Imagine Jewish food without chicken: no schnitzel, no chicken soup, no schmaltz.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 01:31:19 AM »

<<You havn't a clue , what is producing your food.>>

I know something about it.  I had an office subscription to PETA magazine for many years, and my daughter-in-law's brother is a food and environment reporter on the West Coast (in BC.)

I sure as hell know not to rely on labels!!!

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 01:41:50 AM »
I stopped eating pork and bacon a week ago last Friday.  I had read that a pig has the intelligence of a three-year-old human child.  My grandson turned four in June of this year.  The idea of taking an animal with the intelligence of a three-year-old child and killing it in a slaughterhouse for its meat is just so repulsive to me that I decided to quit all pork products cold turkey so to speak.  And I loved my bacon and eggs on a weekend morning.

Twice before in my life, I tried to become a vegetarian but it didn't work out.  I got bad stomach cramps each time after about three weeks.  This time I am going to phase out meat gradually, but the pigs are already off my menu permanently.

I went to two Orthodox Jewish guys I know with my theory:  that the reason the Jewish religion forbids the eating of pork is because the ancient rabbis must have noticed all the similarities between pigs and humans.  These two guys thought that was crazy - - they said that it was because pigs were unclean animals.  But they're not rabbis or experts.  I'm going to try to find a real Jewish religious scholar and just ask if my theory is even a possibility.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 02:03:52 AM »
Bacon is hard to resist. I don't eat much of it, but mostly I simply shake soy Bacos on my salads with some red pepper flakes to give it some flavor.

Pork and ham I do eat perhaps once a week. When I was in France, the public TV channel in the hotel gave a documentary on modern hog processing methods, and it was truly disgusting: from insemination to slaughter, pigs are treated abominably.

Pigs will eat anything. I always thought that was why they were non kosher, and of course, the Philistines seem to have come to Canaan from Mycenaean Greece as refugees with pigs, their favorite food. Baal and his wife Astarte were fond of pigs, so Jehovah was a sheep and goat guy, so that also has been mentioned as a reason. I suppose Mohammad cured at least some of the Palestinians (who were previously know as Philistines) of eating pork.

I wonder what would have happened had Mohammad been presented with some good Canadian bacon and told it was from some other animal. It might have changed the world forever.

The Spanish are major pig eaters. If you ever want to get a conversation started among Spaniards, ask them who has the best ham. Cubans and Spaniards are culturally obsessed with eating lechón for all festive occasions. Eating a pig in public was a major way of showing the world that a given Spaniard was not a Jew or a Morisco, but a viejo cristiano. In Spain, Jews and Muslims were given a choice of becoming Christians and taking Christian names and keeping all their stuff, or leaving Spain with the clothes on their backs. Most seem to have chosen the first option, and took super Christian surnames, like Santa Cruz, Santa María, Samaniego (Saint John) and such.

El Santo Oficio, the Holy Office, aka the Inquisition, had officers who carefully checked to see that smoke was coming out of ever chimney from Friday to Saturday sundown. Jews in Spain were mostly urban. Moriscos (Muslims) tended to be rural.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 11:15:21 PM »
  A long time ago I read Harry Golden.

He went to his Rabbi and said that avoiding Pork must have saved the Jews from a whole lot of trichnicosis.

His Rabbi said "That is not it".

I agree , without knowing a thing about germ theroy, vitamins , life cycle of filaria etc. Jews came up with a pretty safe and balanced diet, this is a minor miricle , but that isn't it.

Being obedient to God, is it.

http://greatbutforgotten.blogspot.com/2010/06/harry-golden-author.html

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 11:34:11 PM »
I've got both of Harry Golden's books, and I loved them when they first came out, which IIRC was late Fifties or early Sixties. 

One of my favourite stories from his first book was about music.  Harry was a real lover of the Italian opera, and so in his lunch hours in Charlotte, he'd play all the great Italian operas on his record player - - Verdi, Rossini, Puccini - - and apparently at top volume, too. 

One day, one of the secretaries in an office below Harry's asked Harry's secretary - - How come your boss is always playin' that Jew music of his?

Harry, BTW, wasn't offended by the secretary's question.  He found it naive, but kind of funny.  In general, he seemed to have a pretty favourable opinion of the South and its people, but he had a sharp eye for the peculiarities of the region.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 11:52:45 PM »
I read For Two Cents Plain. I recall liking his books, his humor and his style. I can't remember much.

I think of him as a New York version of Calvin Trillin, who is from Missouri, like me.