Author Topic: Hypothetical Cain Conclusion  (Read 2868 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hypothetical Cain Conclusion
« on: November 09, 2011, 12:24:37 PM »
Not so much a conclusion, but I'd love to see how the left, and messers Tee & Xo pull a rationalization hat out of this very plausible series of events:

Cain has made it clear, he'd be willing to take a lie detector test, on this matter

So, if in the continued absence of even a hotel receipt, or date these events supposedly occured, with our latest accuser, if she also defers from taking a polygraph, while he passes one, does that not torpedo her accusation, and in essence this whole accusatory harrasment circus, while catapaulting his campaign to the next level??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Hypothetical Cain Conclusion
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 01:04:42 PM »
I am all for Cain taking a polygraph test. It would also be amusing.

I oppose Cain because he is a crackpot and a blowhard. Him not being a sex offender would make him only slightly less unacceptable. But he can be amusing, more so than any mime I can think of, more amusing even than Ronald McDonald.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 01:18:45 PM »
So...Xo's spin would be well....he'd then be just a "little" less bad, but that he's still a horrible candidate.  

Not surprising no criticism of the witchhunt or the "accusers", under the above hypothetical
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 01:27:45 PM »
I think Cain offering to take a lie detector test was a stupid move and i'd be surprised if lin wood ok'd that beforehand.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 01:33:06 PM »
It was a rather stupid offer, I agree, because (a) polygraph tests are not valid in a court of law anyway,and (b) it makes Cain look more like an accused criminal. On the plus side, it would be amusing to see him do this, rather like watching celebrities try to tango, or the moment on Jerry Springer when we learn that is was NOT his baby after all.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 01:41:30 PM »
As Xo had clearly already referenced, this isn't a court case, so inadmissibility is a moot point.  And I disagree, about the idea, especially if he were to pass one, while the accuser declines one.  He'd look far more the innocent man trying to be railroaded

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 01:45:29 PM »
And if he fails the test, even though he was speaking the truth? There are reasons why the test is inadmissible.

Tactically it was a stupid move, and as i said, i doubt his attorney approved of the offer beforehand. Remember it was in response to a reporters question.

That is my opinion. Yours may be that it would be worth the risk.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 01:50:48 PM »
And if he fails the test, even though he was speaking the truth? There are reasons why the test is inadmissible.

If he fails, he's done politically.  But at least he attempted to demonstrate how the accusations were false, rather than ride this he said she said MSM circus, and sap all the energy out of his campaign

Tactically, its a GREAT move, IF he passes.  Made even more so, if his accuser declines to take one.......IMHO

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 01:52:16 PM »
Cain has the resources to hire several polygraph operators and take the tests in private over and over again until he gets it right.  In fact, if he offered to take the polygraph test at all, it means (given that he's a lying pervert as amply illustrated by all the facts known to date) the only reason he'd make such an offer is that he's confident he could beat the test.

But here's a better idea - - why not trial by water, they throw Cain and his accusers into a pond in Massachusetts and whoever is not "rejected" by the water and sinks to the bottom is telling the truth?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 01:54:18 PM »
Even a better idea, polygraph by the same interveiwer

And if Cain passes, and his accuser declines....what then??  Your house of accusatory cards comes tumbling down.  so sad 

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 02:01:45 PM »
IMHO, Cain would never take a polygraph test for public consumption unless he had already learned how to beat the machine in private sessions. The machine can be beaten and a guy like Cain definitely has the resources to ensure an easy win.  Hence, the "challenge" that the lying fuck has issued.  It's a fix.  D'uh.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 02:06:57 PM »
If he fails, he's done politically.

Right, but why hire an expert like Wood if he isn't going to let him do his job?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 02:15:47 PM »
This is Cain trying to save his job.  But I'm entertained at watching Tee trying to esplain his way out of this hypothetical       ;D

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 02:24:13 PM »
I'm sure Tee wants Cain to fail, mainly because he dared to go against stereotype, but i don't think Cain needs to hep Tee get his way.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 02:27:28 PM »
What's his way?  More unsubstantiated claims of a "fix"?  Not if the same interveiwer performs it for both Cain and the accuser...especially if the accuser declines.

Big gamble, with big political payoff if Cain takes it & passes, and his accuser declines, despite all the hyperbolic claims of a fix, from those already foaming at the mouth to a potential Cain nomination